“Not too bad but not amazing”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Not too bad but not amazing”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, it was decent looking. The bathroom was not fully finished, you could tell it needed some extra touches after the renovation. Definetly not worth the $120 I paid after taxes, a little lower than than would have been ok. The breakfast sitting area was tiny, look big in the picture but it's not. Ran out of milk and the breakfast area where the food is was so tiny we were crammed in there waiting for our food. Eggs were ok.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel, first impressions were that it was a great location which I got for a great price direct from their website. While checking in I needed the addition of an additional nights stay which wasn't a problem at all, very accommodating. We were placed on a second floor room which was a smaller size, but for 2 people was fine. The friday and saturday nights were sold out with what appeared to be a hockey tournament. The hotel became busy and loud at this time but what else is to be expected in the winter on a weekend. The first 2 mornings we attempted to have the hot breakfast (between 8:30-9) and decided against it because of the massive line and lack of seating. There were only a few things that really urged me. The first being the lack of handicapped parking. For having a sold out hotel, and a few feet of snow, having one handicapped parking spot became a free-for-all. We had to ask one person to move their truck because they didn't have a sticker but "needed to plug their truck in". The second is the flooring in the lobby. Unless your shoes/boots are 100% dry, you WILL fall. I slipped once and gave myself a nice bruise on the knee from it. It is SO dangerous, so please stay on the mats. The last thing was an incident involving the wifi. My husband and myself both have laptops, phones and tabs which we were using with the wifi. On our third evening both our laptops would not connect to the internet. We tried with all our other electronics with no success. I had called down to the front desk to see if it was working down there. I was greeted with " Yes, its working down here, its working fine." Being technologically inclined, I knew all that needed to be done was to reset the router. I was told " well you have to be on the network with the strongest signal" ….obviously. Being spoken to like I was the person in the wrong is pretty sad when what your request is simply "guest service". I even went down to see if there was a wired connection to use (which there is not) The attitude I got was pretty horrible and being someone who has worked in the hospitality industry is negligent. Besides these incidents the hotel is good for the price.

Room Tip: -ask for a room close to the lobby. Since there is no elevator you have to walk down long hallways t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank atraveler333
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

A "Choice Club" Member for many years, my wife and I have stayed at their locations across North America (and Europe).
This particular Quality Inn was just converted from a Travelodge. Although renovations are said to be complete, there remains a lot of upgrading to do to achieve the standards most Choice Club Members would expect.
Our ground floor room had a direct outdoor entrance (including a sliding screen door) - great potential. However, with no indoor sliding door to protect against the outside cold (or heat in the summer) it left a significant draft when the only sliding door was closed. A replacement door and casing is certainly in order for Room 117.
The TV worked flawlessly. Furnishings were quite good. The desk chair may suite some - but I almost flipped over backwards as it goes way back before providing any support. This was also the case with the desk chair at the computer in the lobby. Strange?
The heater in Room 117 was inconsistent - either blowing cold air, or barely warm. The hotel quickly offered us a very effective space heater with specific temperature setting controls. This was very much appreciated and was more then sufficient to get us comfortably through the very cold night outside (-23C). When we left, our room heater had decided to work and was belting out the heat. We reported the issue to the Front Desk and hope that it will be resolved.
The bathroom in our room was clean and well equipped - but we had to use the heater to warm up the room sufficiently to be able to take a bath and shower.
The breakfast room was adequate in size, and had good hot and cold options from which to choose. However, being directly in front of the entranceway to the motel, the room temperature quickly dropped from adequate to bone chilling cold when anyone entered or left the building. Reason: the inside door was broken, and had obviously been for some time (no attempt to ensure that drafts were deflected from the breakfast area - pity the check in staff who worked there on cold days/evenings).
DANGEROUS ENTRANCE: The ceramic tiles in the lobby and swimming pool areas are deadly slippery. This is not acceptable and could result in very serious accidents.
It is not fair to judge a motel by one stay. We will, therefore, return in May or June when passing through the area again. Hopefully any deficiencies noted this time will be fixed. There is much potential for this location - but additional renovations are certainly needed.

Room Tip: Drive up rooms are available on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Spent two nights here during an Orillia hockey tournament. So coming and going. A nice facility..central to shopping and restaurants.
Breakfast was not too bad, but ran out of food and certain items.
Rooms were comfortable and clean.
Pool was a hit with the girls!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Clean, cosy and welcoming accomodations. Our room was super clean!
Very good with hosting hockey teams! Lively and fun atmosphere.
Nice pool and hot tub.
Decent breakfast. Loved the all day coffee service.
Defenitely would go back to this location.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank JosieSteveCarlo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am not actually staying there,but am visiting my sister quite often,who is in Barrie on business.The hotel is very clean and comfortable.The staff are all very friendly,especially GSM Nancy,she went above and beyond our expectations at check in..I work for a 5 star hotel chain myself,this hotel could give my hotel a run for its money..Check out the pool and hot tub,both very clean and well maintained

Room Tip: get a room on ground level,has patio door access with room numbers posted outside,company can park r...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family