Horseshoe Resort
Average 3/5
Barrie Motel(Barrie)
Average 3/5
1,154 results
All reviewscrazy horsemini golfloft suitecopeland housetreetop trekkingrock climbingsnow tubingski hillmarch breakrecommend this resortnight skiinglift ticketssitting areaski tripnice resortoutdoor activitiesgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife bought the WagJag deal for $399.00 for 2 nights that included the Park passes for 1 day.
As soon as we walked into the room my 18 and 13 year old wanted to leave. The smell in the room was overwhelming, damp, mouldy. The floors were stained and sticky as were the tables.
The place is well worn down, as it looks like the previous owners never put any money back into the place. The food is subpar and expensive. The Zip line was the only thing worth doing in the Park. The pools, one closed the other open but very worn down. Our room over looked pool and on the first night I observed a mother remove her kids bathing suit that he had just soiled and washed him down with pool water , then proceeded to wash his suit out in the water. Other then the bed mattress being comfortable, not much else to say good about this Resort

Room Tip: Worn down rooms, might be remodeled rooms some where.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mceddy6
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments.

I was very dissappointed to read your feedback and I want to sincerely apologize for your experience.

I would like to speak with you further, If it is not too inconvenient please give me a call or email me at lisar@horseshoeresort.com to discuss further.

Lisa Reid ext. 1181

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Short. Trip from Toronto my kids love the adv park plus the tree top trekking
The only issue is the food at the resort is sub par but the rooms where clean and the staff more than accommodating and helpful.
Over. All great time we knew. Going in about the food.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jmmark

Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments & feedback.

I was delighted to hear your children love the Adventure Park & TreeTop Trekking.

I will forward your comments regarding our staff to the rest of the team as I know it will energize them and put smiles on their faces. I have also forwarded your comments regarding food to our Food & Beverage management team for their review.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent one night at the hotel part of this resort. The room was ok, nothing special, we had a room at the back, no view. There wasn't a tub, only a standup shower. The hotel outdoor pool was under construction. Isn't this the height of their season, they should be fully functioning. The indoor pool and hot tub were disgusting, the rim was all scummy and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned for a while. The service was horrendous at the restaurant, Crazy Horse. We waited for 45 minutes for our food, and it was cold. The restaurant at the hotel had a buffet breakfast on the Sunday morning, it was fine, but no crepe or omelet bar here. Very disappointed, wish I had gone elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank GetawayGirl2014

Thank you for posting your comments & feedback.

I sincerely apologize your stay did not meet your expectations.

I will follow up on all of your comments with our management team.

It is my hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rooms were damp and uncomfortable.
A vaue room at a premium price.

Room was not cleaned until after complaining in the evening before dinner.

The bathroom did not have a tub and the shower was moldy.

The toiletries were provided minimally. The body wash/shampoo dispenser that was difficult to get the soap out of. I worry for anyone who has arthritis in their hands. I needed to ask my husband to help squeeze and my hands are healthy.

No towels in the pool area.

Restaurant was way over priced for poor quality. The steak was over cooked and gristley.

All staff were friendly and apologized when mistakes were made.

We would not stay here again as we did not get our money's worth.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 155003Melissa

Thank you for posting your feedback.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us, please accept my sincere apologies.

I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly to discuss your stay.

Thanks in advance,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

First of all: Dated, run down and lastly nothing to do

Under construction, but it doesnt look like its improving at all

Pools are below average at best

Spend your money at any other Ontario resort

again, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MANGAS13
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for posting your feedback.

I am very dissappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and feel that there was nothing to do.

Please feel free to give me a call at the resort or email me at lisar@horseshoeresort.com so we can discuss your experience.