Horseshoe Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Four Points By Sheraton Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$69
US$107
US$96
Best Western Royal Oak Inn(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$81
Super 8 Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$63
US$63
US$89
Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$83
US$71
Agoda.com
US$84
Agoda.com
1,156 results
All reviewscrazy horsemini golfloft suitecopeland housetreetop trekkingrock climbingsnow tubingski hillmarch breakrecommend this resortnight skiinglift ticketssitting areaski tripnice resortoutdoor activitiesgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom "Slope Side" condo's Aug 9th & 10th and we were very disappointed in the property overall. Specifically, the condo was discussing and the decor very dated and banged up, probability looked great in 1979 however it is long overdue for an update. The carpet was covered in stains and no one in my family would even walk on the floor without slippers. The bath rooms were also very dated and tired looking but more importantly, both bathrooms looked “unclean”. When my 13 year old son tells me “it’s not too clean here dad” believe me, his standard is not set too high.
When I mentioned my concerns at check out, they instantly told me they would take 25% off the room rate of about $300 which was appreciated however when checking my bill in the car, they had ADDED $50.00 so I had to go back to the front desk to get it corrected.
I have placed some pictures so you can judge for yourself....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank BuckhornBoy
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to post your impressions.

I was sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay and I sincerely apologize for the mix up with your invoice.

Please give me a call at the resort to discuss.

Lisa R

Reviewed 21 August 2014

4 of us came to the Horseshoe resort after purchasing a wagjag deal for the adventure park.
I should have done my homework better. I should have just booked a room for less money since we were not able to use any of the facilities due to lack of time and ability. Our rooms were nice, overlooking the golf course, and we could enjoy the sunset from there. Beds were comfy and bathroom is great with a big shower. 2 of us enjoyed the spa facilities for massages and a pedicure, although they were rather pricey, which I guess is to be expected.
We ate at the Crazy Horse restaurant out on the balcony which was lovely. The service and food were good. Breakfast was a hot buffet in the hotel. Very good selection for a decent price of $14.
One thing we noticed was that no matter how many staff we passed in halls or outside they all welcomed us or said hello or even stopped to chat as we were waiting for the elevator. Very friendly. Lorna at the concierge desk was especially helpful and friendly as we passed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

I was delighted with your comments regarding the shizen spa, accommodations, the crazy horse restaurant, staff and service. I have shared your comments with the rest of the Horseshoe team.

I look forward to you returning and experiencing the adventure park.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

When I think resort, I think high quality, up to date, well kept. We had a condo for 2 nights which was in MAJOR MAJOR need of repair and renovation. It included everything we needed, full kitchen, dishwasher, laundry but I couldn't get passed the feeling that everything FELT dirty. Having the screened it balcony was great though the carpet was torn to shreds & the chairs are cheap & uncomfortable. The beds were comfy. Pool loungers were amazing and our view overlooking the hill was great. The pool by the condos needs a major overhaul though it has a nice new deck. The adventure park was good, we got a day pass for the kids which we thought was priced right and the zip lining is worth the price of admission. My husband golfed & found a great price on golfnow.com but said it's pretty basic & wouldn't pay for a regular green fee. They've obviously put the money into the adventure park & not accommodations. None of us appreciated being awoken to horrible music blaring through the tree speakers at 9am one morning and the next the sound of construction while a backhoe and trucks did whatever they were doing outside our window (and our view). If I wanted to hear construction, I'd've stayed in the city. Fun for the kids, if they could bring the accommodations up to par of the adventure park it'd be worth the stay.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your impressions.

We have been making consistent investments in the resort as we continue to renovate and improve. We have renovated the top floor of the two bedroom condo building along with the stairwells & elevator and we will be moving forward with further renovations. All of our guest rooms in the hotel are completely renovated.

I was delighted you enjoyed your time in the adventure park with your family, found the unit to have everything you needed including comfortable beds.

I will follow up on your comments regarding music and construction as there wasn't any construction scheduled for August.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We enjoyed two nights at the Horseshoe Resort with our young children. Service was terrific, especially Ivan at the front desk. So helpful and friendly! Meals at Crazy Horse restaurant were pretty good and service was fast. I enjoyed that the Adventure Park was open to the public and that you didn't necessarily have to pay for all the activities if you didn't want to. Zipline was fun. Pony ride great! $5 for 5 minutes. Definitely need to have more staff for Euro Bungy so that the line up isn't as long. Surprised that there was only a shower and not a bathtub, though it was fine for the most part. Also would have liked towels in the pool area. Fabulous spa services-Christopher is an amazing masseuse! We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to post your review.

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed a great family getaway and found the service of our team to be terrific! I will share all of your comments with the Horseshoe Team, specifically wiith Ivan and Christopher.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We had to ask multiple times for tickets and supper supplies which were supposed to be included. Lines were way too long at adventure park. We waited for some rides for up an hour. Pools were very cold.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan M

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review.

I apologize that you were disappointed with your experience and will follow up with your comments. Our Adventure Park has had lots of action with all of our activities and adventures.

Please feel free to give me a call to discuss.