“Wow, I'm alone in this?”
Review of Golden Griddle

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Barrie, Canada
“Wow, I'm alone in this?”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have never written a bad review for anything in my life but I feel so strongly about the level of cleanliness at this establishment, or lack thereof that I just have to comment.We recently went for breakfast at the Golden Griddle and I was absolutely disgusted. The servers were so warm and wonderful but the booths were covered in very very old grease and filth and a big mirror behind the booths had dirt and oil smeared along the edges. That put us off to start, however, it began to get decidely worse when the food arrived and on a square hash brown cube my husband had a big curly hair. This happens more than we know but in combination with the sticky peely menu the sticky table, dreadful coffee and stains on everything, I had a really terrible experience. I'm amazed I really am the only one. Well, each to there own.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Amy M

Barrie
“cCheap for a brunch”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The brunch at the Golden Griddle is rather inexpensice compared to all the other places and the food is OK nothing fanastic just ok.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank gdwilson
Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
“Such a great little Breakfast Place”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We really enjoy coming here for breakfast! Service has been wonderful every time we have gone. food has been fresh and yummy!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Crystal J
Barrie, Canada
“Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Golden Griddle is an all day buffet breakfast along with a menu if you prefer. We chose the buffet breakfast . It starts with scrambled eggs or they will do your eggs anyway you wish to eggs benidict ,sausage to die for ,bacon,pancakes,hash brown potatoes, fresh fruit,cereal,puddings, desserts beyond belief . coffee not too strong just right ! and as much as you please! There was an amazing display of choices I just can't remember them all ! What I had was DELICOUS !! and our friends were so impressed with the buffet as well which made it extra special. The servers are so friendly and your made to feel right at home. The atmosphere is again that at home feeling very clean washrooms as well Good place to go eat and just be yourelf .

• Visited November 2011