“Worth a visit.”

Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in Barrie
More attraction details
Owner description: Leading Ontario's Craft Beer Revolution, the Flying Monkeys brew award-winning beers in their unique waterfront brewhouse right in Barrie’s historic downtown. Known as one of the friendliest, most hospitable tours around, experience for yourself the world of craft brewing. Come on down anytime and enjoy any of our 16 draught beers and fresh local foods in our Tap Room.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had been to this brewery before and was not able to take in the tour. This time I was able to take in the tour. The tour guide was informative and engaging. She knew the product well and was able to answer questions with ease. The tour is not long - about fifteen minutes or so. It provides some history of the area and some insight into the company. I would suggest showing up about a half hour before the start of the tour to take in the shop and sample beer. In all I spent about an hour there and enjoyed the experience.

All reviews
"free tour"
"sampler"
"great vibe"

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My partner and I along with our son and his SO took the brewery tour this summer. We were quite disappointed when we showed up 15-20 minutes before the scheduled tour and were told we had missed the "tasting" and had to be there earlier. Oh well! We were told that if we purchased a glass we could have a free fill (not in the glass we purchased) so we did that. We waited until the time the tour was to begin and then a wedding party showed up and took over to do their wedding photos. This may have been scheduled but the staff seemed surprised. Our tour was delayed until the wedding party finished with photos. Why not give us the tasting at that point?

The tour itself takes around an hour and many parts are quite interesting however it drags overall. Too many boring parts and explanations that aren't really needed.

The brewery itself is quite small but they produce good quality beer. I have tried a number of Flying Monkey products since the tour and liked most of them. This is not your usual run-of-the-mill beer since most have significantly more flavour than your typical beer.

If you are ever able to find Flying Monkeys BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout (which I doubt) you HAVE to buy some. This is an excellent product. I call it dessert beer. Unfortunately I did not buy enough when it was available and have used all mine up.

If in Barrie and you have an hour to 90 minutes to kill take the tour. Just be aware that you have to show up quite early since the tasting is well before the tour. In my opinion they should do the tour and then have the tasting.

1  Thank Gutch2
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I was disappointed in this tour. It is a very small brewery and really not much to see. The whole tour took about 10 minutes and we waited about 30 minutes for it, as there was only one a day at 2PM. Of course we did a beer tasting while we waited, which was fun. They have several different beers. The whole place is very small!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We visited the Flying Monkeys brewery on August 24th. I had googled it, it sounded cool...off we went! What a pleasant surprise! Now keeping in mind that I'm not usually a beer person, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the beers and the tour. Thought it would be a nice anniversary excursion for the husband, but I enjoyed it just as much as he did. The tastes of their beers are unique which is probably why I like them (my favourite is Hop-tical Illusion) and we bought some to take home, after sampling each and every kind of course..(yes that's right, free samples!) The brewery tour is about an hour long and is done by a very nice man who certainly knows his subject and keeps you interested. We will stop by again given the chance, and bring friends! (btw, I can't believe that it got 1 terrible review, wth?)