1,261 results
All reviews east side marios front desk bunk beds waffles sausage jack astors room was clean walking distance hot breakfast family suite hot tub shopping and restaurants waffle maker would stay here again pleasant stay free breakfast convenient location
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean, nicely appointed and spacious the room was at this Super 8. I normally would not book a Super 8 but did so based on the Tripadvisor reviews and I have to say it was a very nice stay. Just far enough from the highway that is was fairly quiet other than the one morning at 4:30 am that the dumpsters at the mall behind were emptied. I am not a continental breakfast person and though there are eggs and such I chose not to eat at hotel but it did look okay. There is a Cora's right around the corner that opens at 6 am if you like an omelet..etc. Plenty of other restaurants for dinner in the immediate area as well. Staff was friendly and room was kept nice and clean. I would certainly stay here again if back in Barrie on business.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mick A, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Jason M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are thankful for your comments regarding our clean and well-appointed guest rooms. We are glad that we had surpassed your expectations of the Super 8 Brand and look forward to hosting you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here last night and before getting into bed my wife noticed hair in the sheets, yes pubic hair.
Not just one but four or five.
Needless to say we called front desk, she came up and was shocked.
She said she could not get hold of the manager. We felt for this poor girl.

She took pictures as we did and said she could not get us clean sheets cause house keeping was gone. We slept in second bed, no manager but full bill under the door.
We had a business meeting in this hotel the entire next day and requested that the manger please come and see us and he would not.
The receptionist said she could offer us 15 percent off, not what we wanted, we wanted to discuss this with the manager.

We will never, never return to this hotel. What an awful experience we will stay at the holiday inn on the other side of Bryne drive. Next meeting we have at this hotel.

1  Thank wishiniwasfishn
Mick A, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking great time and effort to write this false review of our property. We have absolutely no record of your complaints and none of our front desk agents had come into your room to view what you claim to have found in your bed. If a guest is unsatisfied with the condition of their room for whatever reason, we are happy to provide an alternate guest room and more than willing to provide a free upgrade. Claiming that one of our front desk agents entered your room and 'took pictures' raises red flags as to the credibility of your review. Managers are more than willing to meet with unsatisfied guests and once again there was no effort made to contact a manager. As Barrie's top-reviewed hotel property, currently sitting at 502 reviews, we are proud to say that only 1.39% of our guests have rated us 1/5. Every once in a while, we are faced with unreasonable guests who try their level-best to cause commotion in an effort to receive a free night's stay from a hotel. We are grateful for your decision not to stay with us in the future and would recommend you to arrange your future meetings at another hotel.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I decided to do a week's stay with the Barrie Super 8. I don't usually stay at Super 8 properties (I generally prefer higher end hotels) however this one seemed better than average, and was over $300 cheaper (for the week) than the Holiday Inn Express / Hampton, and looked *almost* as nice.

The location is fantastic. Very easy to get to Highway 400, even at busy times of the day. There are plenty of great places to eat within a 15 minute drive (or less!). There is an East Side Mario's on the property that will deliver room service if you wish.

Also in the immediate area is a Walmart and a Sobey's, in case you are are looking for snack or toiletry items.

The check-in process was easy and friendly. I was pre-placed in a room on a non-pet floor just as I had requested in the online booking. The check-in clerk gave me all the info on pool, breakfast hours, etc quickly and efficiently.

Once I got to my room I inspected it for cleanliness. The room was very clean and generally in good condition, but the hotel is showing some signs of age. For example a crack in the wall above the door, dings in the wall from bumped with luggage, etc. Nothing that was a problem -- just little things.

The room was nice, large bathroom, nice little counter for coffee/tea etc, comfortable mattress, 3 pillows per bed, a nice TV, a small table with 2 chairs, etc.

There were only two cleanliness problems with the room -- 1. the drawers in the dresser had "bits" of "stuff" in them. (I didn't use the drawers). No reason those couldn't have been clean. and 2. the bottom of my table had some gross sticky stuff on it -- which I discovered when I reached the pull the table out from the wall.

Otherwise the room was totally acceptable and I was glad to be home each day.

Breakfast had good hours, served in the lobby. Each day there was coffee, eggs (either scrambled or some sort of cheese filled ones), sausage, toast/english muffins/bagels/muffins, waffles, orange juice/cranberry juice and cold cereals (including 'kid treat' cereal like fruit loops) Food was always hot and fresh.

The breakfast area had lots of room to sit, although it did fill up on some days. (Breakfast was complimentary)

Amenities - the wifi was excellent for most of my trip, but the last few days it was almost totally unusable. We also had a bus load of people (literally) show up that day, so I assume it was just over saturated.) The "pool" is the smallest pool I've ever seen in a hotel.

Dear Dave V,

Thank you for your great review! We are glad that we exceeded your expectations during your stay at the Super 8 Barrie and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I visited this Super 8 location for both business and as a weekend getaway with the family. At first we were skeptical of reserving because it was our first time visiting a Super 8 hotel, but to my surprise, we were treated like we were at a 4 star hotel! The breakfast buffet was delicious, and the room was fairly spacious. The location was extremely convenient with many restaurants and attractions around, so if you are travelling with kids, this is an ideal place.
We got much more than what we paid for! If we plan a trip to Barrie again, we will definitely go back to this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank explorers009
Mick A, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear explorers009,

Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled by your assessment of our property and are humbled that you felt that you were staying at a 4-star hotel! Our entire team tries its level-best to ensure that our guests are made to feel at home throughout their stay! We are glad that you enjoyed our SuperStart Hot Breakfast Buffet and thank you for pointing out our great value! We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mick A, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014