Barrie Motel
Four Points By Sheraton Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$81
FourPoints.com
Best Western Plus Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
US$98
US$96
Hampton.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$100
US$101
US$145
US$122
Super 8 Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$101
US$83
Agoda.com
US$127
US$104
HolidayInn.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Not the best place in barrie to stay for a night. Its right off the hwy exit and makes for a preferrable location but the rooms are not very good. It was not until I discovered another hotel just down the road, I stopped coming to White towers. Stay at your own experience and good luck

Room Tip: stay at your own risk
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Jesse J
Reviewed 23 December 2009

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay for a few days prior to moving back to Niagara. As students, we decided on the White Towers Motel because the owner offered us a decent rate for the multiple nights we'd be staying. almost immediately, we noticed that the door to our room didn't properly lock, but didn't think too much of it. It was only a few nights, what could possibly happen? At work, my girlfriends warned me against staying there - apparently the place is notorious for crack and prostitution and other such pleasant things. They begged me to stay with them instead, but I had already paid and moved my stuff in so i didn't bother. again, what could possibly happen? So one day I get off work early and was checking my emails in the room. I hear a yelling match outside between a woman and a man, thinking nothing of it. Then, the woman starts making weird grunting noises (watch The Exorcist). All I hear is banging and her screaming nonsense. So I text my boyfriend who is at work because I'm creeped out at this point, especially when I hear the doorknob being jiggled. I start to get up to get my shoes on and go for a drive when the door comes crashing open and a half-naked, bald woman stumbles in. I obviously freak out and lock myself in the washroom. She starts trying to get me out, all the while talking nonsense to herself. I start screaming for help and banging on the walls because the office was right next door to my room. I didn't have my cell with me because I panicked and ran in without it when the door flew open. No one came over to help me. I screamed and cried for forty minutes while she cursed at me and tried to get into the bathroom. I thought of crawling out through the window but decided to stay pressed between the bathtub and the door so she couldn't break in after me. Finally, the cops arrive because there were complaints of 'a naked woman among the snowbanks'. I come out shaking and terrified. The motel owner didn't even bother telling the police I was in there - I could've been stabbed and passed out in there and no one would've known, all they were told was that she was in room 15. The police informed me that she was a drugged up prostitute that they dealt with often and she would be locked up in the hospital for a few days. They called my boyfriend at work to let him know what happened because I was too shaken to do anything at this point. When he came by, he questioned the motel owner why he didn't come to my rescue, at least getting the psycho out of my room. Most people I know would try to intervene if they saw a 100 lb girl barracaded in a washroom while a naked crackhead threatened her from the other side of a door. The motel owner said he didn't want to get involved. Whatever. Then, instead of refunding us, he offered to get us another room for our last night because she peed on the bed in our's. We obviously refused to stay another night and it was a huge struggle to get our money back for that. My boyfriend kept trying to reason with the guy. He finally decided to give us $10 extra to pay for our dry cleaning because she was laying on my jacket when the cops finally arrived. And all this time we were super nice to him. Our heating would only work if he fiddled with the furnace, so a couple times a day we had to get him to take care of that for us. I felt bad bothering him, even though heat is a basic necessity, so we bought him a big container of Gummi Worms as a thank you. His idea of thank you was allowing me to experience the most traumatic event of my life and telling us to get out when we asked to be refunded. I'm pretty sure it's not a lot to ask for after my room was broken into and I was threatened....

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
40  Thank CarolynCzyrko
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Found the receptionist very friendly and welcoming.
Rooms were great value for money. It is located close to the highway and so was easy to find. Nearby lake and surrounding areas were very scenic. Would definitly come back again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Manpreet52
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Did not stay the night - bugs (two types) in the bed. Checked my credit card when got home and it had been run through for that night and the night after!

Cleanliness is an issue and business ethics are questionable.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank jenniferbarnett
Reviewed 18 July 2008

So it's not fancy or nothing but it was a bed and thats all I needed after 12 hours or so cramped in the car. The beds are pretty nice. It looked as though the rooms needed a few repairs. The White Tower is located by a store and it's close to downtown. It's a nice spot to stay on a road trip to Toronto or anywhere around there. You can wake up and hit the highway in 15 minutes.

Beds: 3/5
Room: 2/5
Location: 4/5
Accesories: 2/5

Overall: 3/5

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family