“Great place to eat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Ranked #44 of 499 Restaurants in Barrie
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bayfield
Toronto
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

If you don't mind chain restaurants than hit up Moxie's. The atmosphere was very nice and their menu has a good selection of choices. We would go back .

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

pickering
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We went to Moxie's for lunch after a rainy Saturday at the Georgian Mall and were greeted by a friendly hostess. Our waiter was vey good, personable & know the menu well. I ordered from the brunch menu - a Mediterranean scrambled egg dish. Unfortunately when it came, it had cooled & the eggs were rubbery. Our waiter immediately took my plate away & returned a short while later with a steaming plate of food. As well, there were two other people -I assume one of whom was a manager because neither introduced themselves - who came by to apologize for the cold food. My meal was excellent, as was everyone else's and when I came time to pay the bill, they did not charge me! This, to me is a mark of good customer service & certainly ensures that I will return to Moxie's. The food, the décor, the service and staff were all excellent! As an added feature ladies, you really need to check out the ladies' room - it is everything you would want at home & more!

• Visited September 2013
Bracebridge, Canada
“Very Good Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife, daughter and I went to supper at Moxie's on a Thursday night. Immediately greeted by a very friendly hostess, who gave us our choice of seating. Within a very short time, out waitress Catrinna showed up at our table and took our drink order. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and the ingredients that were in each dish. We started our meal with an order of crab cakes and the mosaic dip. The crab cakes were tasty and the dip was fantastic. We had the peppercorn steak, the herb roasted chicken and the mustard and dill salmon and split a satorini salad. All portions were very big with lots of fresh cooked vegetables and cooked just right. Our final bill averaged about $50.00 per person, which was reasonable given the restaurant. The atmosphere was very nice, the music a bit loud but our waitress Catrinna made our evening out an excellent dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Unexpectedly great food and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I usually don't go for chain restaurants but Moxies was open late and I needed a place to go for some late night apps and a drink or two. The service was wonderful and they made us feel welcome even though we were late entering the restaurant. The drinks were good and the apps we ordered looked and tasted freshly made which was a nice surprise when I was expecting the usual prefrozen fare.

We ordered the scallop/crab cakes that were nicely flavoured and spiced, the calamari which I was pleased to find both the rings and the tentacles, the potstickers and the avacado spring rolls. All the food was hot, flavourful and filling.

Great late night snack place!

Visited May 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

My family took me out to celebrate my birthday at Moxie's in Barrie.
The ages of our family ranged from 20 to 82. Not easy to satisfy everyone with the same menu but the staff at Moxie's in Barrie were great and made everyone extremely happy. The service was second to none. The two servers we had were extremely attentive and eager to please with plenty of check back on the meals and drinks. At the end of the meal the manager stopped by the table to check on our overall experience.
We probably eat in restaurants 2 or 3 times a week. It’s been a long time since I've experience service like this.
Good job Moxie's and thank for a nice birthday dinner.

• Visited June 2013