“A truly fabulous and unforgettable experience where we felt immediately welcomed like old friends and at the same time, complete”

Spicers Sangoma Retreat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

My wife and I arrived at Sangoma Retreat tired and a little stressed like so many others juggling busy lives and family commitments.

When we left, we felt recharged, relaxed and reconnected having luxuriated in all that Sangoma has to offer.

Our incredible hosts, Michael and Zenga were so gracious and welcoming to us during our visit, treating us like old friends rather than paying guests.

We stayed in the pool suite which was fantastic, with sweeping views into the valley outside with the fireplace and huge bath inside as well as the numerous other small luxurious touches that made our stay so special.

Michael and Zenga are consummate professionals with Michael front of house and Zenga ruling the kitchen cooking the most fantastic and unique creations for every meal.

We have just arrived home and are already planning our next visit to Sangoma Retreat.

Adrian and Kirrily

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I just returned from our second visit to Sangoma. This time we went with incredibly high expectations, after our last wonderful weekend there, and the pressure was on a little, as we had encouraged 2 other couples to join us for the weekend. Our high expectations were fulfilled, and it was just, if not more fabulous than on our last visit. Michael and Zenga are incredible hosts, and have created a magical, luxurious, pampering retreat. Their attention to detail is exquisite, and the food is incredible! We arranged an additional massage so we could both indulge, and thank goodness we did, as the kahuna massage by Jae was quite extraordinary, like nothing either of us had ever experienced before. It was a truly spiritual, nurturing, full body and mind experience which is hard to explain in words. All I can say is, make sure you arrange to have one when you go, dont miss out. We had a truly amazing weekend with our friends and plan to make it a yearly tradition. Thankyou Michael and Zenga for creating this sanctuary and sharing it with us.

Room Tip: all suites are beautiful
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I think it is testament to Michael and Zenga that the reviews on here are so overwhelmingly positive.

Having just returned from a beautiful weekend at Sangoma I can safely say I have never felt so inclined to write a review on Trip Advisor and share our wonderful experience.

This is one place where you will never feel guilty for doing little other than enjoying the surroundings, view, food and and company of your hosts.

Thank you so much for giving us the most relaxing, special weekend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I recently spent a weekend at Sangoma to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary . What a wonderful stay we had . We stayed in the Chief's suite and loved it . The food was wonderful and Michael and Zenga were excellent hosts . The attention to detail in the rooms and the pride these chaps have in their retreat is what makes it . Sheer bliss. Just bloody marvellous .Congratulations Michael & Zenga.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I third visit to Sangoma and what can I say to give this exquisite place the justice it deserves!

It is our favorite holiday destination. The rooms are amazingly luxurious, romantic yet homey. This was our second stay in the bush suite and it's gotta be my favorite.
The main house is gorgeous with it's sophisticated yet quirky interior that just sparkles during the evening dinners!

Thanks to the very talented zenga! The food is the most delicious you'll honestly ever eat! Things I never thought I'd eat I've fallen in lOve with.

Michael has this amazing ability to make you feel like old family members coming together for a catch up. Along with princess punda n prince Chaka and prince griffin (their adorable pet dog and cats) adds to the family like experience.
And with all this love you still have time to chill, and rejuvenate in the many quiet spaces available.

I would deffinently recommend Sangoma to everyone who are food lovers and want a genuine weekend getaway which ticks all the right boxes!

Can not wait for my fourth visit!

• Stayed March 2012
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

As a group of four we recently spent a weekend at Sangoma Retreat.
We booked it as it appealed as a luxury stay, close to Sydney, with a focus on food and relaxation.

It was all that and much more.

I understand Sangoma is South African for Witch Doctor / Healer. I think my definition would be “inspiration”.

From the wonderful architecture and layout of the retreat, to the incredible furnishings and artwork that adorned the walls and filled the rooms, you couldn’t but be impressed and inspired by the use of color, texture and light.

Special thanks to Zenga, whose genuine passion for top quality, beautiful food made the meals an absolute highlight and inspired a non-foodie to celebrate his use of natural and healthy ingredients.

Michael’s humor and warmth, and love of what of he does is infectious and you cannot help but be moved by it.

Whilst there is plenty of space to escape, relax and have alone-time, we found ourselves drawn into their world of design, music, humor, wonderful food and of course, their loving pets (as much a part of the retreat as the hosts themselves).

Somewhere over the course of the weekend it felt like it changed from being guests at a beautiful retreat, to being with new friends, who just happened to have a fabulous home.

I applaud the commitment of hosts, Michael and Zenga, to follow their dreams, and to share their many passions with their guests.

I look forward to our next visit.

Cheers Aaron

Room Tip: Pool Suite was fantastic, beautifully appointed and close to the main house
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I prayed for the perfect weekend away with my husband and was blessed with Sangoma.
From pure water to tantalizing food, to something as small as soap to bathe. I have been able to soak up the finest details in all I have seen & experienced.
Fine leaves molded in stone pave my way as I walk. I let the cows talk to me!
The birds & music sing to my soul,my heart sings with gratitude for a weekend so blissful.
One huge thanks to Michael & Zenga you guys are truly amazing, inspirational & BLOODY AWESOME!!! Good on you for creating a sanctuary so peaceful.
Sad to leave & look forward to coming back.
Love Yael & Mark x

Room Tip: All the rooms at Sangoma look amazing. We stayed in the Stone suite and enjoyed every moment in ther...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
The George Boutique Hotel
The George Boutique Hotel
#4 of 5 in Blackheath

Been to Spicers Sangoma Retreat? Share your experiences!