“Special, very special.”

Spicers Sangoma Retreat
Reviewed 26 January 2014

As one of the recent reviewers says what is there to do but repeat the praise already bestowed on this wonderful place ?
I think I will not repeat the obvious attractions of this retreat but simply try to answer the question why this place is not just good or very good or even excellent but exceptional and very special. Well the clue I think is the food which is prepared with obvious passion and is very tasty, often complex and multilayered.
So to get to the point : the magic of the place is a reflection of the owners personalities and passion. I cannot guarantee everyone will feel this but judging by the trip advisor comments almost everyone does.
It's not often one has this feeling, and so my wife and I can only express our gratitude.

1  Thank carodiario

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Is there any point just saying exactly what the other people have said????
Near perfection - 144 out of 146!!!!
Sensational Accommodation
Amazing Views
Nature so close to the city
Gorgeous suite - Bush
Outstanding Food
Michael - perfect host/proud and passionate owner
A MUST stay when in the Blue Mountains

We can only concur what every other person has previously said.
When looking for a getaway from all the hassles of life there is no better than Sangoma Retreat!!!
Thank you all at Sangoma for making our stay - 10/10!!!!!
The retreat runs on very small staff numbers (4) but you get from them all very personal service.
Lisa and I WILL be back to try the Tent experience which looked incredible
I have no hesitation in highly recommending this accommodation to others in the Tripadvisor world!!!!

Room Tip: Bush Suite recommended by Michael was perfect!!!!
2  Thank TheBopper58
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was lucky enough to be treated to a stay in March 2012 with my husband by my sister and brother in law and enjoyed it so much we stayed again October 2013! From the moment you arrive you are greeted like long lost friends by hosts Michael & Zenga. Superb quality accommodations, meals that are fresh, modern and healthy (with some naughtiness every now and then!). The perfect venue to chill, relax and let the stress of daily life go by the way. We will continue to recommend Sangoma to friends and plan to return again soon :) A special place run by special hosts.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilla21
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at Sangoma Retreat on the weekend and it was an amazing experience. We chose to stay in the tent suite as we enjoy glamping. It was very luxurious and private overlooking the trees. Being able to have a bath and shower practically in the outdoors was very special. Michael and Zenger have created an amazing retreat and take great pride in what they offer. The food is a really important part of the experience and the flavours are amazing. The Hawaiin massage in the new massage tent was really relaxing and added to the total experience. I would recommend Sangoma as a place to celebrate your special occasion or just to have a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: We loved the tent suite as it's quite unique and it's the most private with views over the b...
1  Thank Heather O
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

The suites & resort decor are amazing, African themed with unique artefacts, out of this world. We particularly enjoyed showering and bathing practically in the out doors with uninterrupted views of the blue mountains. With the whole side of the suite opening onto a huge balcony, so awesome and totally relaxing!

We were taken care of by The boys, zip, Matt, zenga & Michael. fabulous service, good fun, worldly and great food & wine.

There isn't a menu to choose from, so expect nice surprises. The breakfasts are too huge for me, as sometimes three courses! But one of the seed, yoghurt, fruit & cacao concoctions was healthy, inventive & delicious.

Definitely a highlight of our honeymoon and would highly recommend.

Thanks loads guys for a stand out fun, relaxing experience xx

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I surprised my parter with a trip to Sangoma Retreat the weekend before Christmas. It was, without a shadow of a doubt, the most fantastic weekend escape we have been on. Indeed, as we were leaving on Sunday afternoon we rebooked ourselves in for February.

A complete escape from city life, Sangoma Retreat was the epitome of tree-change escapes. We enjoyed the ambiance with unique and delicious food, excellent wine and the finest hospitality.

We stayed in the bespoke Stone Suite which was unforgettable. The architecture, finishes and privacy were all first class. To top off a fantastic escape we got engaged while we were there. I could not imagine a more luxurious place to have spent our time.

Thank you Zenga and Michael; and special mentions for the lovely Pundah and Griffin!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband surprised me with a weekend away at Sangoma Retreat.... It was nothing short of delightful!! A beautiful location, comfortable accommodation with all that we needed - nothing was forgotten. All this AND the most amazing food served by our gracious hosts. The massages were the best we have ever had. The weekend was was perfect in every way... just what we needed after a busy year, thank you!

Room Tip: All of the accommodation is special in it's own way
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley

Been to Spicers Sangoma Retreat? Share your experiences!