“It is what it is. An economy hotel.”

Comfort Inn Belleville
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Perfectly fine. Nothing fancy. We walked in with no reservation. Very courteous front desk lady showed us the room before we booked it. Our room was clean, no objections. As there is no elevator, they offer a $5 discount for the 2nd floor. Continental breakfast in the morning was adequate, nothing fancy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I frequently use tripadvisor but have never written a review before. After reading the generally favorable reviews of this facility, I feel compelled to comment. This Comfort Inn is very old and out of date. They have some rooms that are smoking rooms. We were given a room in the annex and, when you open the door to the building, it reeks. Our actual room did not smell of smoke and it was clean. We would not have stayed except the other chain hotels were full. The breakfast room is very small and had no available seating the next morning. We moved on.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed here while visiting friends. We were very happy with our stay. The check in staff were really friendly. The room was very clean and attractive. They have those flat screen TV's with a good number of channels. Beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was really nice. There was a good selection of items and the Breakfast Lady was most helpful and friendly. We would stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
paulci, General Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, in particular of the good service provided by our staff during your visit. I will certainly pass this along to all.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

First let me say that I dealt with 3 very pleasant staff who allowed us a late check out. Even the cleaning staff were friendly in the halls. Your staff are great and did their utmost to help with our requests. The rooms however were stuffy , smelled like smoke and could really use an update. Maybe the chain should consider duvet covers etc...to freshen the place up. If your chain went nonsmoking like the other hotels this might help!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Cookiemonsterfan

Thank you for your insightful review of your stay with us. While I acknowledge that we are due for 'refreshing' in some areas, it is very nice to hear that our standards of service and cleanliness are recognized.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Given that I had chosen the Comfort Inn Belleville (CIB) with zero time spent on research simply because I didn't have the time to spend, I was constantly being pleasantly surprised and delighted with what the CIB had to offer.

First and foremost, I would thank and compliment all of the staff, including the day and night desk clerks and cleaning personnel, all of whom were pleasant and friendly and who went out of their way to be kind, courteous and helpful, well beyond what I or their employer would expect of them.

This thoughtful attitude seemed to be shared by the owners/management as well (who I did not encounter directly while there) because at every turn, I was again pleasantly surprised by niceties that had been provided -- pet-friendly accommodations, steam iron/ironing board in the closet, free high-speed internet access in room, Blue Box, coffee/tea maker, good sized table/chairs so that I eat/drink while getting work done, very good breakfast and coffee provided downstairs etc. -- all above and beyond the usual expectations of stuff like clean rooms/linen, comfortable beds etc.

Another pleasant surprise was that the location was such that I could walk to nearby stores, food joints, motels where others were staying etc and get things on my "to do " list done without having to drive all over town. Saved me a lot of time.

And just outside the front door was a connection to a greenspace corridor leading all the way over to the river and parks ... very much appreciated for walking my dog on/off-lesh anytime, including at 2:00 am .

Quite frankly, I was puzzled to see the negative review by "bensagle". I suppose that no matter how hard one tries to please, there will always be someone who finds something to complain about.

There was a member of the clergy in the lobby checking in when I went down to grab some breakfast (very good by the way) in the morning. I heard him say "This (inn) is my favourite of all the chains." Notwithstanding th fact that ministers are seldom liars, I hold the Comfort Inn Belleville in similar high regard, as do, it seems two others on this page who took the time to review this inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank R T

Thank you for your review.
In any business repeat customers are a true measure of performance. It is always
wonderful when we are recognized for our attempts to deliver consistently great service!
I will be sure that your comments are passed along for all staff to see.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

The staff was very friendly . They did not have a restaurant so had to order out and the pizza was terrible! Tiny rooms and poor cable so couldn't watch tv.
I like that you can park outside your room made unloading the car much easier !
Didnt get to use any amenities but the coffee in room was actually good lol .
For the price and as a hotel along the way I would go back here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
paulci, General Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for your review.
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your pizza and would like to let you know that we can certainly recommend a number of take-out restaurants that deliver. As for the poor cable reception, I believe that your stay was around the time when our service provider was switching to the mandated digital signal which did result in some problems during this conversion and this has been remedied.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our stay at this hotel this past weekend was very pleasant. Our room was very clean,
well equipped with fridge, microwave, TV etc. In our room we were unaware of any smoke smell.
The breakfast in the morning was very satisfying and the room was constantly attended to
supervise and refill as required. The staff were more than helpful and pleasant. My husband experienced a medical emergency and I called down to the front desk for an ambulance.
They took care of everything, brought the paramedics directly to our room, stayed outside to
see if they could assist. Asked if they could do anything. Relayed messages to any of our friends asking for us. Altogether made the experience much less frightful for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Comfort, Cleanliness, and Friendly Service are the three foremost things that
we strive to be known for.
I will surely pass your comments along to all of the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
TownePlace Suites Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Comfort Inn Belleville? Share your experiences!