“Clean Comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Ottawa
“Clean Comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. I had some alergies....must have been animals previously in the room we were in. They couldn't move us the second night but did some extra cleaning in our room. Alergies were still acting up so they changed our room. Nice indoor and outdoor pool. Gym is smaller but has everything you need. Only down side are the washroom tub...they are in need of updating. Having said that showers work great. We would definately stay here gain. Staff make you feel welcome. Thanks Racheal for switching our room!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on your recent stay. As part of our renovation plan we will be updating a number of bath tubs in the hotel this year and into 2013.
I am pleased that we were able to move you to another room, and I hope that your allergies did not stop you from enjoying the area.
We look forward to seeing you ,and your husband again.
Gary Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and was very pleased with the experience I had. When I called to reserve the room the person I spoke with was friendly and personable and when I checked in I was greeted by another friendly staff member.

The room was spacious and clean with a great view of the outdoor pool and the waterfront. The location of the hotel was perfect for attending the Belleville Waterfront Festival and it backs on to lovely trails, perfect for walking by the water.

The hotel had an indoor and outdoor pool, perfect for anyone needing to cool down on a hot day. Although I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant, I had previously eaten there while I live in the city previously and the food was always delicious. Compared to other hotels I've stayed in in the Bay of Quinte area I would highly recommend this hotel to singles, couples and familys. (The indoor pool has a water slide and kids always look like they're having a blast!)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Adrienne S
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feed back , and the kind comments that we will pass on to all of our associates. I hope you had a great time at the Waterfront Festival ! We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Chatham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We arrived at about 1130pm on Thursday for a funeral the following morning. Driving up the way teenagers stumbling from the fair. After a 5 hr drive my patience were thin. Got up to register girl was very nice at check in although in ALL of my stays in the past (4 in the last 3 years) we have always gotten breakfast vouchers for the next morning. She tells me that they aren't available for the bereavement rate? I guess charging grieving people 12.00 each for breakfast is ok when others get it for free.

The room was in a corner of the hotel so it was quiet enough for us to get a good night's sleep before the funeral.

At check out the next morning at 745am the man at the desk was too busy engrossed in a conversation with another employee to check me out. After about 5 min of standing there, he waved me forward and was very curt with me as though we were an inconvience to his conversation.

Not the best experience overall doesn't help that we were going to a funeral a little compassion would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mama_2_a_b
, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Guest;

I must apologize for the poor service you experienced during your recent stay with us. I have spoken to our front desk manager about your comments, she will be reviewing the issue with all of her team. Unfortunately our breakfast included is only available for specific rates , which has been in place for some time. We do offer a prepaid breakfast price which is discounted and is offered upon check in.

I am confidant that your next visit will be a more positive experience.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel is OLD. no sprinklers for life safety, which is the code today...
Old design of rooms/corridor pressurization makes you hear EVERY door close and every person walking down the hallway.
Rooms are clean on surface but closer look reveals that shower head hasn't been cleaned in ages, washroom vent (not working..) is full of dust, beds were not made during the day , even when asked for...
Hotel walls are paper thin, you can hear conversations from each side of your room. also, you can't go out to your balcony because you get everyone's cigarettes smoke since the balconies are a long strip divided by low grade privacy screens.
Hotel staff are nice but there is nothing they can do about the building.
WiFi signal in rooms is very weak...
Booked through 3rd party website, paid $89 a night for a tiny room. won't pay more and won't recommend paying more.
Local competition is at the 401 area which gives you accessibility to more amenities.

Can't see how someone will be able to stay here for business trip when you can't sleep from the noise...

Room Tip: AWAY from drunk large families, if possible
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rapid_traveller

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel, although I had been here previously with a group of eight cyclists. Accommodations were fine and the dining room experience was surprisingly good. In fact, not complaints whatsoever about our actual stay and i would say we received good value for our money But the following day when we had checked out and moved on we realized that I had left two Apple iPhone charging cables on the desk in our room. Now these are not particularly expensive cables but as we had planned to be returning through Belleville in a few days I thought I would call the hotel and see if they had been found. We called the hotel three separate times and also sent an email. Two of the times we called we spoke to staff - once in the Lost and Found section of Housekeeping and the second time with a staff member at the front desk. Both times the staff said they would look into this and call us back. For the third attempt, I left a voicemail message asking to be called back. Needless to say I am writing about all this because we have yet to receive a return call telling us one way or another whether the cables had been found. And we have not had any reply to our fourth attempt which was via email. Now the cables were not expensive, but we are very annoyed that no one in this hotel seems to be interested in us after we checked out. It does not take much time, nor does it cost a fortune, to call back your customer when you have been specifically asked to - four times. Needless to say, this aspect of our stay has soured our experience and we will not be returning there again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OtiswinstonT
, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Guest;

I was disappointed to read that your request was not handled more professionally after you had left an item behind. We do have a lost property procedure in place that apparently has to be reviewed with the team at the front desk and in the housekeeping department. I appreciate you telling us about this issue so that we can correct it for the future.

I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

The hotel is tucked away from the main highway or business district. Somewhat hard to find but fine if you have a GPS or map. It's a quiet hotel with a lot to offer - indoor and outdoor heated pools were nice and clean. There is a hot tub too. The grounds and views of the bay are really nice and peaceful. The rooms are nice and updated. Pick a room with a bay view it's beautiful and the sun comes up on that side of the hotel in the monring which is nice to sit out on your balcony with a fresh coffee!

Don't be alarmed if you see signs for pyschiatrict centre, rehabilitation centre, etc. when you arrive at the hotel. The outside appearance of the hotel has an overall "institution" like feel because of where it is tucked away and the small narrow windy road leading up to it. I believe a section of the hotel is used for health services, a little odd at first as you don't typically see signs like that at a well known hotel chain.

We traveled from out-of-province and stayed here for a funeral in town. They have a bereavement rate make sure to ask about it if you are traveling for similar purposes as it saves about $20-$30 off the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room it's much nicer than overlooking the parking lot. Higher floors have a b...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

This hotel has a real plus in location over most others in Belleville if your work or pleasure takes you to downtown or across the bridge into Prince Edward County. It is in parkland along the harbour, just north of the bridge. It is surrounded by handsome mature landscaped grounds, and plenty of parking, some of it covered.

The first impression of the hotel is beige - cement and beige paint on the exterior, beige with a few highlights in the corridors and beige room interiors. All looks like from the 1970s, really needs some highlighting to make it feel more modern.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The lobby is bright and roomy with lots of seating. There is only one elevator, but it is quick and we never waited long.

We stayed for four nights while I attended a conference. Our room was reasonably large, with a king-sized bed, a refrigerator and a small balcony. The furniture was quite adequate, although surprisingly bruised and battered for so early in the season. The carpet was somewhat worn and stained. The bed runner needed cleaning. While the room and bathroom were very clean, the balcony could have used a cleaning, and was never touched while we were there. When we arrived the room was very hot, and the air conditioning didn’t seem to make any difference, but for the remainder of our stay the weather was cool, and we were able to open the patio door. The room and bathroom lights are particularly good. The bathtub very much needs a grab bar for the stability of older guests.

Only paper cups were offered in the bathroom and the room. It is commendable that the management offers a blue box for recycling, but room service never emptied it in the four days that we stayed.

A room overlooking the harbour seems to be much quieter than on the other side of the hotel where the highway noise is obvious.

The room included one ticket to the breakfast buffet each day (there were two of us). The spread didn’t really have a lot of choice, and probably wasn’t worth $11.95, priced well above the continental breakfast. There was little change from day to day in what they offered. The quality of bread, bagels and baked goods was particularly poor. On the other hand, fruit cocktail and cottage cheese were good.

We had several other meals in the restaurant. These were reasonably good, but again the bread detracted from overall satisfaction. The choice was limited and not exciting.

Room Tip: Choose a quieter room on the harbour side.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rideau-Rambler
, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Rideau-Rambler;

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. We have noted all of your comments, and we will be correcting the housekeeping observations that you had for us.

We hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer and we hope to see you again in the future.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
BEST WESTERN Belleville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!