“Much Improved Since Last Visit”

Travelodge Hotel Belleville
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Much Improved Since Last Visit”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Travelodge took over the property from Ramada and they have been improving it since our last stay a year and a half ago. It is built on a secluded space, surrounded by water and parkland. The cleaning and maintenance seems much better. We had a room that was quiet & clean. Bed was comfortable. Rooms are generous in size. I like the strict no smoking policy. Free outdoor parking. The free wi-fi is smoking hot fast and reliable. Some fixtures are a bit dated but carpets & furniture were in good shape, bathroom clean with good shower pressure and service from front desk and restaurant was excellent. Their hot buffet breakfast was fresh and tasty (sometimes extra $11.95, depending on room rate). No heat lamp burn here. The bar area now has a sofa surround area that looks comfortable. The hotel has extensive facilities to host corporate functions, so it is equally suitable for either business or leisure.

I note some of the recent negative reviews. However, based on our short stay, I would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms have much better view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hawkeye-999
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest;

I was very pleased to read your title, and that we have made positive improvements since your last visit. All of our departemnt managers and satff work very hard to ensure that we offer the best product and service that we can. Your kind feed back will mean a great deal to them. All of our beds were replaced over a year ago, and many of our guests appreciate our None Smoking environment.

Thank you for recommending us to other readers.

Gary Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I am from Guelph, and have several times met up with friends from Ottawa and stayed in Belleville, a sort of half way point for us to meet for a weekend. In previous years we have enjoyed a stay at the "Ramada" in Belleville. This week (Jan 15th) I had work meetings in Belleville and booked a room at the Travelodge as I knew the hotel and location. I stayed in room 349. It was tidy but certainly very worn. In the night I woke up with a bite on my arm and I found and killed a small black bug. Yesterday many itchy/swollen bites appeared all over my body. Two on my face, and several large bites all over my arms and side.
I won't stay again.
Cathy Lennon

Room Tip: I had booked my room online and paid a small premium for a bayside room, however Room 349 looked ove...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Ms Lennon;

I regret that you feel that you had a very bad experience at our hotel, the week of January 15th. It was very unfortunate this incident was apparently not brought to our immediate attention to verify and confirm your suspicion of having been bitten by a bed bug. We do have a very active bed bug policy in the hotel so that we are able to address any concern or problem immediately to ensure the satisfaction and confidence of all our guests. I do hope that you are feeling much better and will reconsider staying with us again on your next visit to Belleville.

Gary Smith

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Belleville, Ontario
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It's ironic that my wife just came back from getting ice and the machine only produced 3 cubes......At check in, they provided us with a 1 bed room for 3 people and said that the rest of the rooms were taken when we had reserved in November..should this not have been indicated to us earlier? . The pool slide only operates on weekends where this was not indicated on the website when we reserved. We specifically chose this hotel for the slide for our daughter as she is turning 10 this week and we wanted her to enjoy her birthday week. We now find that this slide is closed, much to her disappointment. Having stayed at other Travelodges in the past, we know that not all have such poor service but we are very disappointed this time. And we are still checked in at this location until the 9th of Jan 2014.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest;

I must applogize for the negative experience you had with us on your recent visit to Belleville. Our maintenace team have repaired the ice machine. I have passed on the concerns that you had with the room that you were offered for 3 people to our front desk manager. The waterslide does have limited hours during the winter we will ensure that this is updated on our web site.

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your concerns as this will help us correct any problems for the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Belleville.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Bathtub in our room (4th flr) had black stains on it, needs serious upgrade. Hot tub jets in the pool area are barely working, kids could blow better bubbles. Really pathetic! Carpets in the room looks grungy.Charge for pets too high in comparison to better rated hotels. Services have extremely deteriorated since our prior stay. Also, key card access to pool area keeps malfunctioning.Will no longer recommend them to friends as we have in the past. The only thing going for them is their year round heated outdoor pool and their proximity to downtown Bellevile (shops & restaurants) Housekeeping staff were nice but two people (one male, older female) working at the front desk, have no bussiness working at the front desk. Very unwelcoming and gives poor first impression. Whole Hotel atmosphere is not very encouraging.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest

I must apologize that you had a very poor experiencece during your recent stay with us. Your comment about the bathtub staining is due to wearing and will be refinished as part of our captiol plan in 2014. The hot tub is being repaired by our maintenance team this week. I was disappointed to also read that we did not provide the best service at the front desk ,which is very concerning as we have always had positive feed back about our front desk people.

I do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your observations and concerns so we are given the opportunity to improve our overall service and product.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Picton Harbour Inn
Picton Harbour Inn
#3 of 5 in Picton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!