“Time for an Imperative renovation.....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Hotel Belleville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Hotel Belleville
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Toronto, Canada
“Time for an Imperative renovation.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Probably the dirtiest hotel and least updated we've ever encountered. There has been absolutely nothing updated since what must have been at least 1975. It's difficult to determine where to start...our power in our room went out when nothing was even being used and we plugged a blow dryer in, the fridge was not turned on when we requested one as we were on a 3 day business trip and brought our own healthy food instead of eating at restaurants...when I went to have a shower an enormous amount of brown sludge came out of both the shower and the sink faucets. The "gym" had 1 weight and 4 pieces of "equipment" from the line of first ever pieces of gym equipment ever produced EVER. Don't market a gym if that's what you're going to offer. I have been a travel agent for a decade and have never experienced a hotel like this....it may as well have been a grungy motel, however (as the images showed online) the hotel was not mismarketed...so what you see is what you'll get...with an old smokey smell and miserable staff attached. If you're willing to drive as far as Belleville, it's worth driving slightly farther and staying in one of the many options in Napanee.

Room Tip: There are not any, unless you need a place to sleep it has beds....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AshandCait
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the negative impression that you had during your stay with us. We have infact had a number of renovations completed in the last five years that included our lobby, ballroom, and fifty five guest rooms , and new flat screen televisions in all 124 guest rooms as well as new beds and bedding.

I will speak to the room attendants about your fridge not being turned on as this was an oversight.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Gary Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cornwall, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I feel sorry for the lone girl at front desk helping.

Hey Gary, general manager, if you're reading this, maybe pay attention, huh?

The girl at front desk was clearly not able to help me, though very friendly she was. The phone at front desk that she couldn't answer because she was busy trying to help me and also someone else was...the most annoying ringing I must have heard.

Wifi....the wifi signal is THERE, the actual Internet service, is NOT there. I tried explaining that to the girl at front desk (the same girl, cause she's still the only one to help me), and while she was sweet, she was apparently clueless as she tried handing me a wifi signal booster, which doesn't address the problem.

Shoulda spent the extra bucks to go to Holiday.

Besides that I'm going to bed seething at this point, want to tell me what else could go wrong...Gary?

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Shawn

I must appologise for the frustration that you had with the internet connnection and the front desk service. We have revieved with all the front desk team the WIFI and the internet service so they are aware of what they can check to serve you better in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

Gary Smith

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

While staying at the hotel I noticed that the front desk staff is over worked. No back up for them... how can one person check in a bunch of people, answer phones, and attend to guests needs? I would think that this department should take priority on service and have someone available to help them! Are you trying to save cost? and if so at what price?! Because your paying customers are the ones suffering. The poor front desk... I rated the service as good, because the girl at the desk did that best she could with what she has to work with.... shame on you management!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for giving me your observations from your recent visit. I realise that the front desk associate was very busy on both Friday and Saturday. We did not anticipate that two people might be needed as the hotel was not full. We do have a manager on duty that would normally help where possible. I appreciate your concern and feedback as service is very important to our hotel. I hope that you did enjoy your overall stay with us.

Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed that for the price, continental breakfast wasn't included. Charging $8.95 for a tea, begal & muffin is ridiculous! And room was kinda dumpy. Bed was very comfy though. Overall got a great sleep but woke up hungry & refused to pay for food knowing dumpy condition of the room.. Hate to think of what the kitchen looks like... I just want my Timmy's now...

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Travellingirl417
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay. I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with the continental breakfast selection that we have, and the condition of your guest room. We do have renovated rooms in the hotel and will be starting renovations in the remainder of the rooms this year.

I hope that you will consider returning to enjoy a more positive stay with us.

Collingwood.ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay---consider having TWO comfortable chairs in each room---so that you don't have to sit on the bed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear Guest;

Thank you for giving me your feed back on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comment on the number of chairs in the room that I will look into. I hope that you will be staying with us again when the weather gets much warmer.

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My family of four (two kids aged 9 and 4) stayed for 3 nights in March 2014. It was immediately evident that the staff was very personable. The hotel is reasonably clean, but as other reviewers mentioned, it is clear the hotel, the bedding, rugs, and furniture is quite dated. The beds were comfortable and clean. We used the indoor and outdoor pools quite frequently. It was better early in the morning because no one else was using the pools at that time. There were far too many people in the evening for us to enjoy the pools then. The buffet breakfast was good with much variety, although a bit expensive. We found out on the third morning that our son was supposed to eat free because he was under 5. We had been paying for him until then. More fresh fruit without syrup would have been welcomed. The restaurant staff was very pleasant, especially Lisa. We were surprised to see that our room did not have a fridge. The vending machines with treats are only on the 3rd floor.

A few things surprised us. There were a large number of elderly and mental health patients and a few nurses constantly present. On our second day, we asked a staff member about it. We were told that the local care facility had electrical problems and the hotel agreed to accommodate the patients and staff for a few days. As more problems were uncovered with the health facility, the patients had to remain at the hotel longer. By the time we arrived, the patients had been there for over a month. I feel that the hotel did a compassionate thing for its community, but it certainly did not feel like a family get-away for us. I probably would have booked elsewhere if I knew about this before. One mentally ill man was found on our 4th floor area. That was quite unnerving because he was quite agitated by our presence. I have to be upfront and report that I did not talk to the hotel manager about this so he had no way to make the situation better.

Every day we were there, our room was not cleaned. I made the beds when we got back, typically around 11:30 and I carried the garbage to the housekeeping cart. For some reason, her schedule and ours always worked against her being able to do her job. It would be nice if recurring guests had their rooms cleaned in a more timely manner.

On our 3rd day, there was a bridal show hosted at the hotel. When we returned from our morning excursions, there was very limited parking and we had to park at the rear of the building. I would have thought paying guests would have been considered first.

Finally, as we had two young children, we were put with all the other families with children. I understand the motivation, but my kids are quiet and reserved. I know this because our kids are always praised by strangers for their quiet, refined manners. Many people praised them at this hotel even. The whole time we were there, we were annoyed by obnoxious, screaming kids in the hallways, yelling parents, families with their doors opened communicating from rooms across the hall, and many running kids.

Next time I will probably choose another hotel. The staff was very nice and the restaurant and pools were great. The non-smoking policy for the whole hotel was very refreshing too. It just seemed that guest comfort and hospitality was not high on the priority list for this visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest;

Thank you for giving me your feed back on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feed back on the service from our staff. Your comments on the rugs and furniture have been noted. The beds were all replaced two years ago and the top bedding last year. I am glad that you enjoyed the water slide and the outdoor pool.

I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the summer.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
BEST WESTERN Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!