“Convenient and comfortable”

Travelodge Hotel Belleville
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I would love to give this hotel a good rating but I'm finding it tough. I've stayed here since the 70's when it was a Four Seasons. I don't think a penny has been spent here even through two ownership changes. It needs a top to bottom freshening up. Someone else commented on the desk clerk not being able to answer the phone as she was too busy. As a former hotel manager including some time with Four Seasons I can tell you if that phone was not answered by the third ring there would be some serious questions asked. The answer: hire more staff.
I had to change my reservation to arrive a day earlier and called the toll free number. A hardly understandable lady told me there was nothing available, still not sure she knew what I wanted. I called the hotel directly and got a very nice lady that got me fixed up in a friendly manner.
After arrival I couldn't get either of my devices to connect to the wifi, some rooms are better than others at some hotels but the desk clerk gave it a try with no luck. He did give me a toll free tech line number but I didn't bother with it. On my first morning I went out very early and on my return I asked the room attendant not to bother with my room as I was going to have a nap. Afterwards I let them know it was OK to clean it but never happened. I mentioned this at check-out and got a 'sorry'.
I will be spending some time in the Bellville area in the near future and it's looking like my 40 year relationship with this property is about to end.

Room Tip: Don't call the Travelodge toll free number to book a room, call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank barbaradave
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay with us. I apologsie that we did not meet your expectations. I have noted all of your comments regarding the front desk service and the housekeeping concern,with not cleaning your room. When ever I get any feedback I always discuss the problem, negative or positive with my team! We work very hard to correct any concerns that we have a direct control over.

I appreciate how you must feel about the hotel after your long association of 40 years. You are a valued guest of this hotel ,and I hope that you will consider remaining so in the future.

If I can be of any further service please contact me diirectly on 613 771 3182.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Probably the dirtiest hotel and least updated we've ever encountered. There has been absolutely nothing updated since what must have been at least 1975. It's difficult to determine where to start...our power in our room went out when nothing was even being used and we plugged a blow dryer in, the fridge was not turned on when we requested one as we were on a 3 day business trip and brought our own healthy food instead of eating at restaurants...when I went to have a shower an enormous amount of brown sludge came out of both the shower and the sink faucets. The "gym" had 1 weight and 4 pieces of "equipment" from the line of first ever pieces of gym equipment ever produced EVER. Don't market a gym if that's what you're going to offer. I have been a travel agent for a decade and have never experienced a hotel like this....it may as well have been a grungy motel, however (as the images showed online) the hotel was not mismarketed...so what you see is what you'll get...with an old smokey smell and miserable staff attached. If you're willing to drive as far as Belleville, it's worth driving slightly farther and staying in one of the many options in Napanee.

Room Tip: There are not any, unless you need a place to sleep it has beds....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AshandCait
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the negative impression that you had during your stay with us. We have infact had a number of renovations completed in the last five years that included our lobby, ballroom, and fifty five guest rooms , and new flat screen televisions in all 124 guest rooms as well as new beds and bedding.

I will speak to the room attendants about your fridge not being turned on as this was an oversight.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Gary Smith

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I feel sorry for the lone girl at front desk helping.

Hey Gary, general manager, if you're reading this, maybe pay attention, huh?

The girl at front desk was clearly not able to help me, though very friendly she was. The phone at front desk that she couldn't answer because she was busy trying to help me and also someone else was...the most annoying ringing I must have heard.

Wifi....the wifi signal is THERE, the actual Internet service, is NOT there. I tried explaining that to the girl at front desk (the same girl, cause she's still the only one to help me), and while she was sweet, she was apparently clueless as she tried handing me a wifi signal booster, which doesn't address the problem.

Shoulda spent the extra bucks to go to Holiday.

Besides that I'm going to bed seething at this point, want to tell me what else could go wrong...Gary?

• Stayed March 2014
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Shawn

I must appologise for the frustration that you had with the internet connnection and the front desk service. We have revieved with all the front desk team the WIFI and the internet service so they are aware of what they can check to serve you better in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

While staying at the hotel I noticed that the front desk staff is over worked. No back up for them... how can one person check in a bunch of people, answer phones, and attend to guests needs? I would think that this department should take priority on service and have someone available to help them! Are you trying to save cost? and if so at what price?! Because your paying customers are the ones suffering. The poor front desk... I rated the service as good, because the girl at the desk did that best she could with what she has to work with.... shame on you management!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for giving me your observations from your recent visit. I realise that the front desk associate was very busy on both Friday and Saturday. We did not anticipate that two people might be needed as the hotel was not full. We do have a manager on duty that would normally help where possible. I appreciate your concern and feedback as service is very important to our hotel. I hope that you did enjoy your overall stay with us.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Picton Harbour Inn
Picton Harbour Inn
#3 of 5 in Picton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!