“Not impressed at all :(”

Travelodge Hotel Belleville
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Squamish, Canada
“Not impressed at all :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have you ever stayed in a hotel where you had to clean up after housekeeping left ?
Have you ever been in a hotel room where you are scared to touch anything without wiping it down , wore your shoes the entire time and put a towel down before you sat ?
Have you ever been treated like you are an in convenience to have to wait on or heaven for bid you need a coffee refill ?
And have you ever gone to a family hotel and the water in the pool looked lime green and the slide was only opened on weekends or after 5 pm ?
I am very disappointed and embarrassed to say " we just did a few weeks ago" !
The only elevator is dangerous .It is so slow , you never knew what floor you were on till the doors opened and it closed on my suitcase thank god it wasn't one of my kids .
Our balcony was an accident just waiting to happen rotten boards separating the rooms .
I had to go to the front desk get new sheets so I could remake both our bed after the maid just threw the covers over top to look made hiding all our room service breakfast in bed crumbs !
I asked for 2 extra pillows to keep my daughter from rolling outta bed and was given a bed rail that was stained and disgusting .
This hotel was a great location for my brother and his new wife's wedding . The wedding was absolutely amazing but you need to seriously take a look at the staff you have working for you some of them were extremely rude:( and the condition of the rooms indicate to me that you need to make some major upgrades and your housekeeping needs to be looked at .
I have no idea what was going on on the floor we stayed on for 5 days but the smell coming out of some of the rooms gave me a massive headache that can't be healthy.
I was disgusted on so many levels and will not be returning when we come back to Belleville .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PClarke2007
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest ;

I sincerley regret the negative experiance that you had during your recent stay with us.

I have noted all of your comments and feed back and I will review each one in detail.
Each of your comments is valuble to me as I need to know what the problems are so that I can work to correcting what and where I can.

Gary Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Livonia, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel has a lovely location and the bed was comfortable for my companion and myself - we woke well rested and ache free. Since this was our last stay out of a 5 night vacation - and only night here - we appreciated the comfortable bed! The room showed age as did the entire hotel. There seemed to be a lack of pride and a carelessness with details here. Our wide patio windows opening onto a balcony viewing the marina and water were smudged and dirty. Our towels were thin and stringy. The room was darkly lit with yellow lights - thank goodness for my Happy Light that I take with me everywhere! Wireless kept going out. Lights over the sink were not uniform in color. Even my room key card was badly scuffed. Stuff like that did not make me feel special or cared for . . . just maintained. My DH felt I was too picky but I really got the impression that this hotel was taking our money and doing the least possible to earn it. Everything was old; updates badly needed. We got the room through priceline. After reserving I contacted the hotel and asked about an upgrade as some complaints about room placement had been noted in the reviews. By return email I got a free upgrade to an upper floor with the view already mentioned - this was a nice touch, and the view and balcony were truly nice. Charge for breakfast; none for parking. However there is a Tim Horton's within walking distance.

Room Tip: As mentioned above, after making reservations through priceline I contacted the hotel online and got...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl M
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest;

I was disappointeded to read that you did not have positive experience during your recent stay with us. I apologize that there were cleanliness issues and maintenance problems. I have noted all of your feedback and I will be meeting with the department managers to correct any items that we can immediately. I am pleased that our staff did give you a room upgrade!

Your input is very important for me so that I do know when we need to correct problems or issues.

Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love that whenever I call this hotel I always get someone friendly, courteous and prompt. Not waiting, no language barrier and no dilly-dallying. Our company has dealt with this hotel for many years and will continue to do so. You walk in and feel at home because you are always greeted with a smile. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay - makes waking up in the morning easier :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Catrina;

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay and our great staff. It is very much appreciated when I receive such positive feedback. I want thank you for your loyalty.

Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

A wonderful weekend with members and friends of the Ontario MGT Register. There was a beautiful outlook from an open air balcony off the room across to the marina. The outside pool was nicely heated and there is a great water slide inside that made me dizzy as I flew down it (on the single time!!).
Many thanks to the great couple who organized the event and to the hotel staff. We had reserved underground parking for all of our vintage vehicles; great.
Breakfast staff were a little "rough" but perhaps they were not informed of the onslaught of so many people that morning!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest;

It is always nice to see your fully restored animpeccablele MG cars in our car park! I am glad that you had a great stay with us. I hope that we will see you all next year so you can enjoy our hotel and the fine wines of the county ! Many thanks for your positive feedback.

Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just had the most wonderful experience at this facility!!! Thanks so much to Angela, Richard, Angelina and all of their staff for helping us create a Beautiful wedding. So accommodating, helpful, professional and courteous. The suite we were given for the bridal party to get ready was beautiful and the perfect space for the girls to primp and prepare with a wall of mirrors and double sinks in the bathroom. The view from the balcony was wonderful and allowed the wedding party to view the courtyard and see the progress of the guests being seated so they knew when they needed to move. The outdoor grounds were manicured meticulously and provided a beautiful setting for our special celebration. (I think Angela may have even ordered the sunshine that we enjoyed that day ) Our guests raved about the appetizers, main meal and the late night "make your own poutine bar" (plus the homemade kettle chips etc) and of how the catering staff and bartenders were so fantastic. We planned a wedding without Angela Montgomery even having the opportunity to meet the bride as she lived out of town. From the food tasting to the final preparations along with some last minute guest changes, Angela and her staff were Amazing. Our experience was totally stress-free as Angela allowed us access to the Ball Room whenever we required so we could ensure that the room would accommodate our ideas for decorating and we could plan everything to the last detail. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping us create an everlasting wonderful memory for my daughter and new son-in-law and all of our guests. Sincerely, Teri Burton. Frankford, Ontario

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Teri;

We are all so pleased that your wedding was perfect! I appreciate that you did name the team members that made this day speacial for you ,your daughter and son- in- law.

I hope that we see you again very soon.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
BEST WESTERN Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!