“Good for the price”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Laval, Canada
“Good for the price”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We used this hotel since it is the closest to Sandbanks (still about 30 min drive). The hotel need some renovation and some upgrades. However, for the price, you can't expect much higher. Still a good location: between the "action' (or lack off) and Sandbanks. There is no hotels neat Sandbanks. Breakfast was included in the deal we got. However, very limited choices and same every morning.

Check in was professionnal. However, personel should try to smile a bit. none of them did!

Room Tip: Hotel has an outdoor pool but we didn<t try it. A big park close to Hotel: good for the kids. Go...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you found our hotel a great location for you and your family to enjoy Sandbanks. I appreciate your feedback and I have noted your comment on the lack of smiles :)

I hope you will be back to visit the beach next summer!

Gary Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel but didn't expect this.

So we booked 2 rooms through the 800 #. Waterfront with breakfast for 3 days. We ended up in a room on the parking lot, one without a fridge and one with a fridge that didn't work. Not sure if we got bumped due to late check in or someone made a mistake.

Night shift front desk girl was nice but couldn't do anything about the room or the fridges but suggested a discount on check out. Done.

Ice machine on the 4th was broken, and the 3rd floor was out of ice. Had to take the ice buckets from the restaurant.

1st morning we go to the breakfast buffet. Uh oh, we have no coupons. Check with the front desk and Angela (with the face for radio) says she doesn't know what my problem is as we didn't have a room with breakfast included. I had to walk away as I got the urge to reach over the desk. It was too early in the day for that.

We left and had breakfast elsewhere. We took off to the beach and got back after dinner and our room wasn't cleaned. We called and at least got more towels.

Next morning the women and kids went to the buffet for breakfast and apparently it was gross. Even the waitress was asked to taste the eggs and almost threw up. Quality.

Oh and we didn't get a discount on checkout as promised.

The plus side to the hotel was the location in reference to sand banks, water slide for the kids, the cleaning staff and restaurant staff are very nice.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you're stuck nor would I stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest;

I apologize for the negative experience that you had with us. Unfortunately we do not have fridges and microwaves in all of our 124 rooms. I have noted all of your feed back and that is very much appreciated!

I hope you enjoyed the Sandbanks beach with your family .

Gary Smith

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I got a great deal via Travelzoo which included a free breakfast for both days. I originally had a room with 2 queen beds but as I was travelling alone the hotel clerk asked if I would take a room with one queen bed and they would give me a room with a view of the Bay. No problem, so got a room with a view. The view was great, fantastic gardens and view of the Bay. My room overlooked the pool which seemed to be utilized from 7 a.m. until 11;00 p.m. It could be noisy but I always travel with ear plugs so problem solved. The one problem I did have was that due to it being so busy there was a lot of noise from other rooms and my last night 2 children were running up and down the hallway from 10 p.m. until I poked my head out of my room at 10:30 p.m. I gave them the glare of death and was very unhappy to see that the parents were standing in the hallway outside their room the whole time allowing their children to run down the hallway. They also got the glare of death and soon went into their room. The room was a little tried looking but staff were great. I am actually booked for 2 more days this September so looking forward to staying again. I would just suggest that people bring ear plugs as it can be noisy .

Room Tip: bring ear plugs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from other guests. I was pleased to read that you will be staying with us again in September. Should you have any concerns on your next visit
please contact our manager on duty.

We look forward to seeing you .

Burton
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Where to start. Finding this hotel is very difficult and is about 10km's off the 401. Once off the 401 there are no signs to direct you to the hotel at the highway 2 intersection (do I go left or right?). After cruising up and down the 2 we finally reached the hotel and could see that it was old and tired. The only reason we even attempted to enter the property was I booked one of my free nights here (poor choice). Next negative result came during check in. If staff are unhappy and don't want to be there or argumentive with each other they shouldn't be in earshot of customers at the front desk. Take it outside! Another negative point is that this hotel is rather large and one elevator doesn't cut it. You will have long waits or will just have to take the stairs. I found the rooms to be Ok on a positive note but the beds and pillow were not comfortable. Here comes the kicker now. Be prepared for the TRAIN!!!!, it comes right by the hotel with horns a blarring at the wee hours of the night!!! Never again!!!! Breakfast was Ok(not free) and I found the staff to be oblivious of us and others, just killin time. I strongly recommend to anyone to find another place when staying in Belleville.

Room Tip: Stay close to highway,avoid this place! New places are right on the 401.Clean and modern.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Michael

I sincerely appologise that you had a negative experience during your stay with us. I was very concerned to read about the service your recieved at the front desk. I will also have your room checked to inspect the bed as these are only two years old.

I do appreciate your feed back and wish you an enjoyable summer.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times over the years mainly for the convenience to get to sandbanks.I returned as I read that the rooms were renovated. The room we stayed in was not. Archaic thermostat that you couldn't adjust so we froze all night. Not enough sockets, "private balcony" was dirty and looked in need of a power wash, same with patio door. Wifi terribly slow. Long walk from parking to elevator to room. Indoor pool looked green outdoor pool looked ok and temperature was good. Sign in pool room told you to ask front desk for towels for the pool, front desk tells you to ask life guard - never did get one. Nice view from room but not enough to make me return. Would say entire hotel needs a Reno looking very much like a detention centre compared to all these other new and newly renovated hotels. Will not return.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kate T
Daer Guest;

I applogize that you had a negative experience during your stay with us. We do have 60 rooms that were renovated and we will be completing the remaining 64 rooms this year! I have noted your comments on the thermostat and the balcony. I will be discussing these concerns with my managers.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel because of attending an adjacent motorcycle rally. The beds were comfortable, and we had a view of the Marina and water, which disappeared behind the wide balcony railing on the balcony when we sat down on two plastic chairs (no table). However, the room was not clean, the shower tiles were really not clean, and one of the public ladies toilets had no tp! The sliding door to the closet was off its track. The sounds from other rooms and the halls carried quite clearly.

The restaurant had passable food. We paid $99 per night, and would not particularly recommend this hotel. The male clerk who registered us upon arrival had personal hygiene issues.

Room Tip: Rooms are only on 3rd and 4th floors. Only one elevator to serve paying customers. Check other ac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I hope you enjoyed the motorcycle rally! I have noted your comment on the housekeeping that will be discussed with our room attendants. I apologize that you did not have a great experience while staying with us.

Squamish, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have you ever stayed in a hotel where you had to clean up after housekeeping left ?
Have you ever been in a hotel room where you are scared to touch anything without wiping it down , wore your shoes the entire time and put a towel down before you sat ?
Have you ever been treated like you are an in convenience to have to wait on or heaven for bid you need a coffee refill ?
And have you ever gone to a family hotel and the water in the pool looked lime green and the slide was only opened on weekends or after 5 pm ?
I am very disappointed and embarrassed to say " we just did a few weeks ago" !
The only elevator is dangerous .It is so slow , you never knew what floor you were on till the doors opened and it closed on my suitcase thank god it wasn't one of my kids .
Our balcony was an accident just waiting to happen rotten boards separating the rooms .
I had to go to the front desk get new sheets so I could remake both our bed after the maid just threw the covers over top to look made hiding all our room service breakfast in bed crumbs !
I asked for 2 extra pillows to keep my daughter from rolling outta bed and was given a bed rail that was stained and disgusting .
This hotel was a great location for my brother and his new wife's wedding . The wedding was absolutely amazing but you need to seriously take a look at the staff you have working for you some of them were extremely rude:( and the condition of the rooms indicate to me that you need to make some major upgrades and your housekeeping needs to be looked at .
I have no idea what was going on on the floor we stayed on for 5 days but the smell coming out of some of the rooms gave me a massive headache that can't be healthy.
I was disgusted on so many levels and will not be returning when we come back to Belleville .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PClarke2007
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest ;

I sincerley regret the negative experiance that you had during your recent stay with us.

I have noted all of your comments and feed back and I will review each one in detail.
Each of your comments is valuble to me as I need to know what the problems are so that I can work to correcting what and where I can.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Picton Harbour Inn
Picton Harbour Inn
#3 of 5 in Picton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!