“Best Seafood Anywhere!”
Review of Kalays - CLOSED

Kalays
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Attire:Casual Payment Options:Visa Mastercard Parking:Parking Lot Price Range: $$ (10-30) Services: Takes Reservations Walk-Ins welcome Good For Groups Good For Kids Take Out Catering Waiter Service Specialties: Lunch Dinner Coffee Drinks Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/KALAYSSEAFOODRESTAURANT
“Best Seafood Anywhere!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were advised to come and see for ourselves that there are fantastic restaurants east of Toronto, WAY east lol. We traveled over an hour and didn't regret it one bit. In fact, this is our second time coming and this perhaps was better than the first. We will be coming back 100%, but not soon enough. Sorry, but this needs to be said, the person who left a bad review must be, well, you fill in the blank. 5 stars for us!

Winnipeg, Canada
“So close to a 5”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I absolutely loved this restaurant. The decor is nice, the staff are genuine and very friendly and the food is delicious. The only reason it's not a 5 is likely because I didn't get a chance to taste more of their food. I was hungry but not famished, so had the crab cakes, which was more than enough. They were tasty and done just right, only a tad (ever so slightly) more salty than I would have preferred. That's the only reason I can't give it a 5. The wine was good, the prices are reasonable, and a great selection of food. The chowder I had was not just a junkyard of seafood, which often is the case with some restaurants. It was purposeful and tasty. I would definitely head back there the next time I'm in Belleville to sample the rest of the menu.

Bancroft, Canada
“maritime flavour in Belleville”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

knowledgeable and friendly staff in a very tastefully decorated restaurant with real down east atmosphere. No fishing nets or lobster traps needed here to make it feel right.
Menu is varied with considerable choice.
Our lunch was very tasty with excellent presentation as was the house wine.
Definitely pricier than our normal lunch but we were celebrating so what the heck!
It is off the beaten track in a small, unobtrusive plaza and we just happened across it.

Belleville, Canada
“Starter Salad”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

True, it is not on the main drag, but it is worth the search. Particularly the scallop salad that started the meal for me. I am a great fan of scallops and have enjoyed them around the world. The introduction into a salad, however, with actual cucumber slices and tomatoes that matched the volume of lettuce was a very pleasant surprise. Restaurants should take a tip from the "less lettuce" approach. even if they have to charge more to compensate for the additional expense. Good job guys.

Bowmanville
“Excellent downeast cuisine!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent little restaurant in Belleville, Ontario. Was recommended by a family member and decided to check it out. Just a small restaurant but clean and really pretty. A little off the main street and might be a little hard to find if you don't know the area but worth the search. Extensive menu with lots of choices from down east. I ordered the beer battered one piece fish and chips (haddock) which came with a choice of soup or salad. I had a Caesar salad. My husband had one piece fish and chips but his was panko breaded and he had a garden salad. All the food was extremely delicious and the portions were huge (see pictures below). The Caesar salad was the best that I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The beer batter on the fish was thin and not greasy. The fries were excellent. The service was friendly. The bathrooms were clean. What more can you ask for? Definitely a 'do again'. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited May 2014