“Putting the Canadian in Chinese-Canadian food”
Review of Buffet Garden

Buffet Garden
Ranked #128 of 194 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Toronto
“Putting the Canadian in Chinese-Canadian food”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I have been frequenting this buffet for years, stopping at least once on our bi-annual trip to and from Cornwall. Until our most recent visit, I would have given the buffet four out of five, based on the reasonable cost. Our recent visit was disappointing.
Since we last ate there in July, the number of non-Chinese items has greatly increased. When we dined on December 24, the buffet included hot dogs, hot dog pieces wrapped in bacon, mashed potatos, stuffed mushrooms, chicken soup, and other dishes never to be found in Chinatown. Unfortunately, these dishes replaced Chinese items: one of our favorite dishes, Singapore noodles, was missing, as was plain steamed rice.
For the most part we were satisfied with the quality of the food, although we both noticed some unfortunate changes. The chicken balls, my guilty pleasure, were almost nothing but dough: one that I cut into contained no chicken at all (at least, cutting the ball into pieces, I was unable to locate any chicken). The egg rolls also seemed to have less filling than we recalled. Otherwise, we still enjoyed the won ton soup, found vegetables to be crisp, and dishes tasty.
I agree with other reviewers that service is not the greatest: good luck getting your "free refills" on pop. I believe, though, that many of the staff really don't speak English: I asked for chop sticks, and the server had to bring another staff person to my table to find out what I asked for.
This buffet is fine for a cheap, filling lunch. However, if the trend towards increasing the number of non-Chinese dishes continues, the buffet will soon be Chinese only by virtue of the nationality of the employees.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mr_Weston

Ontario
“Great food”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

A clean and busy buffet at the north end of Belleville near Bell Blvd, Quinte Mall and the 401. Lunch is ready by 11:30 and dinner by 4:30. A combination of Chinese, Japanese and Canadian food including salads, shrimp and sushi counter. We have made many visits. Its our preferred local Chinese buffet.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bill R
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
“Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Typical chinese buffet offerings and quality. Would go back again when in the mood for that kind of thing.

Visited July 2012
Trenton, Canada
“Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

always a great selection ,of the usual Chinese offerings, three different kinds of soup to choose from served HOT, plenty of salads, fresh jumbo peel and eat shrimp, nicely presented sushi bar (I don't eat sushi)
cookies, squares, jello, puddings, ice cream .... lots of desserts.
My favorite of all the Chinese restaurants in Belleville

Visited July 2012
2 Thank bettybeer
“Regular run of the mill Chinese buffet”
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Buffet is an average run of the mill Chinese buffet. Food has always been good. We often get take out here which is always very good. Service not the best especially the one guy at the front desk who has a bad attitude. However we will be back.

1 Thank ianweed