“Waste of money and time, nasty food”
Review of Sans-Souci

Sans-Souci
Ranked #25 of 200 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Horrible experience! I work at another restaurant in town so I don't go out very often. I was really excited to come here since I read such great reviews about it from this site. Well I was In for a real treat all right, my boyfriend and I went there on thurs night for the $25 four course meal. There was only one other table of 1 In there when we went in, stood at door for 5 min cause server had her back to us at counter, so finally she saw us and sat us down. Then it took another 5 or more min to get a water, remember there is a table of 1 in here. We place out order all excited for our meal! The soup to start was bland and salty, the salad after was drenched in dressing and gross, meanwhile the server is rushing us to finish our starters, I then realized its cause the cook made our food way to early and it was just sitting there. When she brings it out it looks good but the blackberry glaze that went on the lamb I ordered looked really black. I tried it, burnt. Gross. So the server took it back and with in 1 min it came back-so he just washed off my lamb and put back on plate and the new glaze I got was just gravy and jam mixed together, yum. The lamb was way over cooked and I had a hard time cutting it cause all the server have us was a butter knight! My boyfriend had the chicken and it was dry and hard as a rock. So we didn't eat much. Was excited about dessert figuring they can't screw that up, wrong!! The choc mousse cake was dry and hard. I told the server and she offered me a piece of another cake to take home, so I did. It was ok. The server gave us our bill and didnt even give us a discount at all! This was a very bad experience and needless to say I will never step foot in that place again! Uncomfortable seating as well! After we left there, we went home and I made something to eat as we were still hungry!!!

2  Thank Daisyborris

Reviewed 28 May 2013

First time visiting Sans Souci and it was well worth it. The luncheon menu is not elaborate but included sandwiches and soups. Unfortunately we were late and the Prime Rib sandwich was sold out however I had the Montreal smoked meat on Rye bread. Sandwich was about 1 1/2" thick and was well worth the $9 spent for it. My wife had a Salmon pot pie with salad. Very good. Would return.

1  Thank trailerparkk
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have had lunch here about a half-dozen times, and just had a great one! Chicken curry wrap with tri-salad (three different very fresh salads). The chicken wrap was absolutely yummy, and all three salads tasty. There was a pasta salad, a chick pie salad with olives and a tomato salad with bocconcini cheese! The coffee is also very good here. Just make sure to go to the counter to order because they do not have table service.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have been about 8 times, all meals were great. I love the soups (almost always get soup with my meal), vegetarian wraps, lasagna (which is different than I have ever had, they use shredded beef instead of hamburger). They carry my favourite local craft beer Church Key. My wife and I are going tonight with another couple for our anniversary. A $25 fixed price, 4 course meal with what looks like a great choice of options. Anyone I have shared a meal with is impressed with their meal and comment they will be back. Will let you know how dinner is tonight.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

New to Belleville, had lunch at Sans-Souci. We shared a chicken wrap and veggie wrap. Great selection of organic teas and juices. Really good cappuccino. absolutely excellent, will visit again soon.

1  Thank JanetAMacDonald