“First Rate Restaurant”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This little French restaurant in downtown Belleville was a surprise hit with me. Every course of the meal was delicious and a little bit above the ordinary in both preparation and taste.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wishing a good meal with ambiance and taste flair.

2  Thank Nancydee32

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The prime rib is excellent. My husband and I have been here several times and will be back..
The weekend specials are a great price and lots to choose from but the prime rib is the best.

1  Thank redjack53
Reviewed 30 October 2013

After hearing a number of people recommend Sans Souci, we decided to go there for dinner tonight and we each had the $25 four course meal. First of all, the atmosphere is really nice - beautiful decor - love the art work around the sides of the cafe and it has quite an intimate feel. Even the bathrooms are gorgeous. The food though - wow. The food was incredible. We both thoroughly enjoyed our soups and the salads (garden and caesar salad) were both delicious. The chicken and beef meals that we ordered were cooked very well - the portions were perfect and everything was tender and tasty. For dessert, we had the most delicious chocolate cheesecake that either of us has ever tasted and some delightful chocolate mousse cups. For $25/meal, it was a steal - I have never had this kind of quality food and service for this price in Belleville, actually, anywhere in Canada. Everything was full of flavour and very fresh; clearly the chef making it takes pride in his work. The service was excellent - our server was incredibly helpful, polite and attentive. Would definitely return.

Once I mentioned that I would be having dinner there, lots of people commented that they had dinned there before, with fantastic reviews. After reading the reviews on this site, I wonder if the two people who had negative reviews came on an off day ? Because seriously, "Good" is not an adjective that I use on this food. It was amazing. Period. And the cheesecake - incredible. My waistline is probably very grateful that I had not had this cheesecake before. We will definitely be back.
Thanks for the wonderful experience!

5  Thank canadiangirl1987
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Location in downtown Belleville is ideal and the Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich is a winner. Lots of room and staff are friendly.

2  Thank gumpster_007
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Horrible experience! I work at another restaurant in town so I don't go out very often. I was really excited to come here since I read such great reviews about it from this site. Well I was In for a real treat all right, my boyfriend and I went there on thurs night for the $25 four course meal. There was only one other table of 1 In there when we went in, stood at door for 5 min cause server had her back to us at counter, so finally she saw us and sat us down. Then it took another 5 or more min to get a water, remember there is a table of 1 in here. We place out order all excited for our meal! The soup to start was bland and salty, the salad after was drenched in dressing and gross, meanwhile the server is rushing us to finish our starters, I then realized its cause the cook made our food way to early and it was just sitting there. When she brings it out it looks good but the blackberry glaze that went on the lamb I ordered looked really black. I tried it, burnt. Gross. So the server took it back and with in 1 min it came back-so he just washed off my lamb and put back on plate and the new glaze I got was just gravy and jam mixed together, yum. The lamb was way over cooked and I had a hard time cutting it cause all the server have us was a butter knight! My boyfriend had the chicken and it was dry and hard as a rock. So we didn't eat much. Was excited about dessert figuring they can't screw that up, wrong!! The choc mousse cake was dry and hard. I told the server and she offered me a piece of another cake to take home, so I did. It was ok. The server gave us our bill and didnt even give us a discount at all! This was a very bad experience and needless to say I will never step foot in that place again! Uncomfortable seating as well! After we left there, we went home and I made something to eat as we were still hungry!!!

2  Thank Daisyborris