“Very Good- but inconsistant”
Review of Thai House Cuisine - OPEN - CLOSED

Thai House Cuisine - OPEN
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Have eaten here on multple occasions and have very much enjoyed the food. Quality can be very good, quantity and pricing is very reasonable by comparison and the service is generally attentive and timely. Both for lunch and dinner. The menu selections are endless and lots of variety for exploring new tatses. The only negative is it seems every 3rd or 4th visit the qualify is off. Perhaps I notice more as I generally rotate between the same 4-5 dishes and at that I probably have lunch 1-2 times per month and dinner maybe once per month. When the quality is off it lacks flavour, freshness and preparation seems fast food like. Considering how good they can be it does leave me disappointed. But not enough to stop going. At least, Not yet!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Had the green curry and spring rolls. Spring rolls weren't my favourite, but the curry was tasty. Presentation and service was nice.

1  Thank Franny G
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I went there a week ago with my GF and an old friend who I hadn't seen in years, who recommended it. It was pretty good. The restaurant itself is pretty cool for a place like Belleville. It has a 'Toronto decor' kind of feel. I used to work there years ago when it was a dive bar, they have kept the gorgeous 30 ft bar, and the exposed stone walls are nice. They gave teh rest of the bar's decor a real 'Asian touch'. Simplistic, clean, bright, but too brightly lit I thought. Ok, enough of the 'atmosphere'....now the food. We received some 'seafood tasting chips' as an immediate treat. Nice. We ordered 3 dishes to share. The menu was extensive, with lots of options...too many I thought. But I love a place with limited choices...it tells me they do THAT very well. We agreed upon the spicy pork, mango shrimp and a chicken dish. Funny, I can usually recall the exact dish, I guess it was not memorable. The food was good, but didn't taste 'fresh'...not like their rival Thai Garden Restaurant 2 blocks away...All in all, the service was good, the atmosphere nice and the food good. But did it 'wow' me? No.It WAS inexpensive as I dislike to use the word 'cheap'. Worth a look. Let me know what YOU think.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was among the best Thai food I have had in Canada. The dishes were a little bit on the sweet side, but not overpoweringly so.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have to start by saying this is a very good Thai Restaurant, I enjoyed everything about the experience EXCEPT waiting for the bill for 20 minutes.
Arrived to a warm greeting, seated immediately and shrimp chips were delivered to the table with the menu.
Drink orders were taken within a few minutes, the wine list wasn't extensive but I chose a Cave Springs Riesling that I thought would compliment the Thai cuisine, perhaps the Gewurztraminer might have been better?
Ordered Pad Thai, BBQ Beef and sticky rice with a Mango salad for an appetizer.
Everything was very tasty, the mango in the salad was slightly but JUST slightly under ripe but that might just my sweet tooth. The barbequed beef was tender, tasty and excellent but the presentation on what amounted to a salad seemed odd. Pad Thai was...well Pad Thai but a very tasty one.
As I said the ONLY fly in this tasty ointment was sitting waiting for someone to acknowledge that since the dishes were cleared we might like to leave. We had to grab a passing waitress, who hadn't served us at all to get it and unfortunately for the servers, the tip was based on my mood.

1  Thank CdnWineLover