“Absolutely terrible”
Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Phone doesn't work. Door not secure. Cracked and paint peeled walls. Bathroom was the worst part. Cracked toilet, sink full of chips and none too clean. The towels were yellow with age -- possibly from having been bleached too often --- if you can't afford decent towels the dollar store isn't too far away. This p,ace is in desperate need of renovations -- and a change of management, they obviously don't care about their business. Walking down the main hall I saw gaping holes in the ceiling, mold and graffiti markered right next to our door, actually. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy, it should be condemned until the necessary repairs are made! It wasn't even worth the 80 bucks we paid. Last time we were in Belleville we stayed at the Marriott --- and although they hosed us for $180.00 the quality was 100% better than here, holy smokes. I'm not usually the type to leave a review but this place has to be seen to be believed. Better yet, DON'T! Go to the holiday Inn Express across the street.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miss45

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Somebody in a previous critique said this place was clean, I disagree a bit. There is lots of mold to be found on the tile grouting. The bathrooms in this place are beyond worn out. This is a cozy little motel with potential but is overpriced for the state it is in. I think I payed in the range of $80.00 when in fact I would price this place at $45.00 - $50.00 a night. Also like many other Hotels/Motels this place still has old box style TV sets. My main complaint is the bathrooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nighthawk64
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Booked online by price and photos of the outside but upon arrival, we found the room to have much damage. The bathroom had broken fixtures, the main room had damaged walls, baseboard mouldings & more...

There were bars in the nearby - one that advertised strippers across the road and another down the road notorious for bad behaviour - this is not a not a place for a family.

Quickly cancelled and went far up the road to another motel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you book in!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Do not stay here!!!!!!!. We did July 15,2012. The place is a seedy Dump. Though the room itself was relatively clean and had no bed bugs, but the motel is in a bad state of disrepair. Broken light fixtures, peeling paint, poorly lit parking lot, paint slashed over back door, no security locks inside the room, no one at the front desk. Since it was very late when we arrived and having booked two nights stay on Booking.com. we stay the first night and checked out first thing in the morning. We didn't feel safe. There are several good places close by.We ended up at the Best Western, and when you factor in the free breakfast, we only paid five dollars more for a much nicer place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine S
M_Patel_1, Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

We would like sincerely apologize for our services and accomodations that we provided you with, we thank you for informing us of your issues and helping us with implement changes accordingly. We currently are under renovations of our bathrooms and exterior this year and will have updated pictures showing the impovements, Please visit our location again to see changes or on our online booking sites. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I do a lot of business in Belleville, and have stayed here numerous times over the years, I'm not picky, but after putting up with leaking bathroom plumbing, a tempermental heater in the winter and a/c not working in the summer, an ancient tv from the eighties, spotty internet, the final straw was a bum banging on my door at midnite, bumming smokes. The building next door was also a motel once, but now houses welfare people, so there are a lot of sketchy people around. Last week, I went down the street and booked the Avalon. Great internet signal, and heating system, modern bathroom, wall mounted swivel LCD tv, and no bums. Same price. End of story.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank buckdsystem
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this motel on November 5th, 2011. We were so unimpressed with what you get vs. what was paid for it. If we wanted a shoddy motel, then $30-40 should have been the maximum we should have paid. The room itself was smelly, and the bed had burn marks all over the comforter, and sheets had marks on them which resembled blood. The WIFI bandwidth was very low. The bathroom door was crooked and wouldn't close, and only half the bathroom lights came on. We didn't dare sit on the toilet seat which was old & peeling. We couldn't take a shower as it was so icky looking and the plug stopper was all brown. We went for a walk and two hours later, we returned to some regurgitated food the bathroom sink, which had a major crack....the vanity holding it up looked like it was peeling & very old. The carpeting around the bed & couch was not vacuumed. NEVER AGAIN!!! It is worth paying the extra $20 to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We checked in at night and my first impression of this motel was that this could be in a horror movie where people go missing or are killed. I'll walk you through our experience:

Getting to the room:
We had 102 and 103 - were told that they were at the end and that there was a door at the end of the building that we could get into so we don't have to walk around - door yes, door open, no . Walk around the building showed that the area around the building dimly lit. More light coming from neighbouring business than the occassional outside light working. Paint is chipped and peeling on walls and ceiling, some room had missing or broken drain pipes.
Walk down the hall brought visions of walking down Willy Wonka's hallway...seemed like it was getting smaller. Stale smell to the hall almost like a mix of stale milk, body odour and mildew. Holes in the ceiling from cracking - not from any repair work.

The room:
The room looked fairly clean but then I noticed that the bed sheet/comforter had a large rip in it and was only patch with some sort of material looking duct tape that was coming off. I had to laugh and took a picture Bathroom sink had rust in it (another for the photo album). Took a shower but found out that the center control for the shower didn't completly divert the water to the shower head but there was a lack of pressure coming from the shower since it was also coming from the bottom faucet. I tried calling the front desk but the phone did not work. Took a shower anyway since we were heading out for dinner.

The service:
On return to the room, I noticed that the smoke alarm was beeping. I couldn't call the front desk cause the phone wasn't working. So I walked down to the front desk and mentioned these issue to the person there. I was given a battery and told to replace it! I didn't realize that I had to fix issues with their building! We regards to the phone, she picked up her phone and did something and said that the phone is working. I was then asked the typical quesiton "Was it plugged in?" Fed up, I laughed and went back to my room to change the battery. I decided to watch some TV only to find that there was no remote in the room. I didn't feel like walking all the way back to the front just for the remote so I just used the controls on the front of the TV. The bed is not comfortable. Both of us tossed and turned all night and didn't sleep when we didn't toss and turn. We left early.

Room Tip: Stayed here only because last thing available. Wouldn't do it again.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Tipposan
M_Patel_1, Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

We would like to apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the issues. We use these comments to improve our hotel and services. There is never an excuse for providing guests as yourself anything but a good product and excellant service. Please come back and see the improvements we have made.