“BED BUGS...”
Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed 22 January 2013

...that's what I found in my room. When I alerted the front desk, the lady didn't seem concerned at all. I could overlook the lack of heat (they put in a space heater) and the run down look of the place; but, I can't handle bed bugs. Needless to say, I will NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank 143JenniferB
There are newer reviews for Travelers Inn

Reviewed 31 December 2012

The night we arrived it was -10 outside. I had a reservation that i had booked online. I had read poor reviews and also read managers response to. July 2012 review that they were renovating. Because we had booked ahead they knew we were coming. The heat was not on in the room. We cranked the heat up to highest setting went out for an hour because we couldn't bear to be in the room. It was storming and miserable outside. Returned and room still like icebox. Did not warm up for 3 hours then in middle of night like a sauna.
Bathroom in horrible shape. Halls dreadful and freezing! Asked for non smoking room but horrible smell if cigarette smoke! Will NEVER stay here again. Paid $85 worth $10. I travel to Belleville a lot and was looking for something cheaper but will need to return to more expensive ones! Thanks for nothing!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank moeshl
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Phone doesn't work. Door not secure. Cracked and paint peeled walls. Bathroom was the worst part. Cracked toilet, sink full of chips and none too clean. The towels were yellow with age -- possibly from having been bleached too often --- if you can't afford decent towels the dollar store isn't too far away. This p,ace is in desperate need of renovations -- and a change of management, they obviously don't care about their business. Walking down the main hall I saw gaping holes in the ceiling, mold and graffiti markered right next to our door, actually. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy, it should be condemned until the necessary repairs are made! It wasn't even worth the 80 bucks we paid. Last time we were in Belleville we stayed at the Marriott --- and although they hosed us for $180.00 the quality was 100% better than here, holy smokes. I'm not usually the type to leave a review but this place has to be seen to be believed. Better yet, DON'T! Go to the holiday Inn Express across the street.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miss45
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Somebody in a previous critique said this place was clean, I disagree a bit. There is lots of mold to be found on the tile grouting. The bathrooms in this place are beyond worn out. This is a cozy little motel with potential but is overpriced for the state it is in. I think I payed in the range of $80.00 when in fact I would price this place at $45.00 - $50.00 a night. Also like many other Hotels/Motels this place still has old box style TV sets. My main complaint is the bathrooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nighthawk64
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Booked online by price and photos of the outside but upon arrival, we found the room to have much damage. The bathroom had broken fixtures, the main room had damaged walls, baseboard mouldings & more...

There were bars in the nearby - one that advertised strippers across the road and another down the road notorious for bad behaviour - this is not a not a place for a family.

Quickly cancelled and went far up the road to another motel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you book in!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Do not stay here!!!!!!!. We did July 15,2012. The place is a seedy Dump. Though the room itself was relatively clean and had no bed bugs, but the motel is in a bad state of disrepair. Broken light fixtures, peeling paint, poorly lit parking lot, paint slashed over back door, no security locks inside the room, no one at the front desk. Since it was very late when we arrived and having booked two nights stay on Booking.com. we stay the first night and checked out first thing in the morning. We didn't feel safe. There are several good places close by.We ended up at the Best Western, and when you factor in the free breakfast, we only paid five dollars more for a much nicer place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine S
M_Patel_1, Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

We would like sincerely apologize for our services and accomodations that we provided you with, we thank you for informing us of your issues and helping us with implement changes accordingly. We currently are under renovations of our bathrooms and exterior this year and will have updated pictures showing the impovements, Please visit our location again to see changes or on our online booking sites. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I do a lot of business in Belleville, and have stayed here numerous times over the years, I'm not picky, but after putting up with leaking bathroom plumbing, a tempermental heater in the winter and a/c not working in the summer, an ancient tv from the eighties, spotty internet, the final straw was a bum banging on my door at midnite, bumming smokes. The building next door was also a motel once, but now houses welfare people, so there are a lot of sketchy people around. Last week, I went down the street and booked the Avalon. Great internet signal, and heating system, modern bathroom, wall mounted swivel LCD tv, and no bums. Same price. End of story.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business