“Very good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belleville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here one night.........recent renovations have the place about as good as you can get it.......clean rooms, excellent beds, great bathroom and shower, and very friendly staff.
If you stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMD62

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on Friday night Aug. 9 after spending a day at Sandbanks. We had an extended queen suite for our family of 5. Plenty of space. No pillows for the pull out sofa but each bed had 4 pillows so we just split them up. Room was clean and quiet. No noise issues. Pool was adequate, pool towels available at the front desk. Breakfast was quite good although was very busy at 8:30 with a long line. Better to go around 7.

Overall we had a very nice stay with no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank momto3kidsToronto
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is the best Holiday Inn Exp. I've stayed at

The general style of the hotel is modern and functional
Front desk staff are very friendly and efficient

There are 2 elevators. I never had to wait long.

My room was on the 4th floor at near the end of the hallway
Room size was slightly larger than average and seemed very sound-proof
The fridge is about twice the size of those mini-bar fridges and even includes a freezer
Microwave and coffee maker, but no kettle - Styrofoam cups - no mugs
No utensils

The work desk is good, with wired or WiFi connection and an adjustable chair
There is one pad and one pen

Flat screen TV with tons of channels (standard and HD)
Oddly, the printed channel list on the night table only has the standard channels listed. For the first night, I was selecting only those channels and the picture was not too good. On my second night, I found the HD channels in the 700 and 800s - and the HD quality was superb. I mentioned this to the manager (Brad W.) and he said they just got the channel list printed and were still working out how to tell people about the HD channels. I tried his suggestion of pressing "GUIDE" a few times to filter to only HD channels or only "subscribed" channels, but that action didn't work. So the result is you end up selecting many channels only to have a 3 sec pause and the "you are not subscribed" message....slow going and a bit frustrating. The Gen manager was very friendly and interested in my feedback.

There was a DVD player in my room. I wondered if there was a DVD library in the hotel somewhere, but I didn't see one, nor was there any literature in my room about it. Perhaps there is a local rental shop?

The bed was very comfortable with premium linens - on a par with the top Hilton hotels. There seemed to be only one type of pillow and no mention of a choice.

The window doesn't open....it's just one big sealed unit. I missed not being able to open the window and feel a fresh air breeze.
AC & ventilation was easy to control from a wall unit.
Water temperature and pressure was OK, however the toilette took a long time to re-fill - even though pressure was great at the sink.

My telephone message light flashed constantly for the entire 4N/5D stay. For the first couple of days staff told me to punch in various codes to clear it. Finally they had maintenance look at it. They told me they needed to order new phones......so I just covered the lights on both phones.

The gym and pool area are compact and well done.

Morning breakfast - Scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, yoghurts, cereals (some whole grain), white/brown toast, whole fruit (bananas/apples). The breakfast area gets really busy about mid-morning on a week-day - families with small children. To avoid the rush, 630 to 700 seemed ideal.

Finally, all of the hotel is super clean and seems very well maintained.

What I liked:
- Super clean
- Soundproof
- Quality of sleep / bed
- Work desk, WiFi signal, HD TV

My suggestions
- Add 2 mugs in each room (so one can boil water for tea in microwave)
(I find that tea made with water from a coffee maker has a coffee taste)
- Upgrade the printed channel listing to only include subscribed channels and include HD
- Add a pillow option
- Breakfast - add cut fruit / fruit salad

Room Tip: High floor at end of hallway away from elevator is very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I'm a big fan of the renovated Holiday Inn Express hotels. Our room had two queen beds and a pull-out couch, which handled two adults and two teenaged boys perfectly. Fridge (with separate freezer for essential summer ice packs!) and microwave were appreciated. The included breakfast saves the hunt for a place to eat the next day. Comfy beds and great choice of pillows.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SeeCanada
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Staff were nice at the reception. They were busy with some office issues and i wasnt the priority. Rooms are ok and clean. Bathroom clean but I am terrible on bathroom and the pinky caulk color tells me that they are not scrubbing between each client. Toilet needs to be refilled before you can flush a 2nd time. When you are 2 its little things I personnaly dont like. Wifi is not terrible Evey time your ipad iphone Goes to sleep you loose wifi and have to get back on. Its annoying. I saw this issue in anorher hotel in Belleville Ontario. Pool jaccuzi clean. Nice outside pario for beakfast. Nice simple continental breakfast with warm omelette and Canadian bacon

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Credit goes to Belleville Holiday Inn for an awesome hotel. Friendly staff willing to help in any way they can. Super clean - and comfortable beds. I love the mini fridge/micros in the rooms along with the HD cable box. Amazing bed, a wonderful night sleep was had. The pool and gym are great and the breakfast was nice. I would return here in a heartbeat! Great job Belleville!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chantal S
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Nice clean hotel with decent breakfast and amazing beds. Front desk staff wasn't great in the evening but there seemed to be something weird going on and they had a friend hiding when I went to the desk.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie M
ExpressManagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Good day,
I want to thank you for your feedback. It is important to us to provide the best service and product possible. I inquired into the incident with the front desk staff and apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Apparently it was a shift change and the one staff member was in their off work clothes and didn't want guests to see them. This still obviously affected the service provided and I hope you can accept our apology for this. I hope you will visit us on your next visit to Belleville so we have a chance to provide you with the service you expect and we strive to deliver.
Regards
Brad Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Travelodge Hotel Belleville
The Waring House
The Waring House
#2 of 5 in Picton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belleville? Share your experiences!