“great food”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Went here for my mother's birthday. We ordered the french fries to start and they were FANTASTIC. Our main dishes were fresh and well made and well presented.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Had several lunches at Capers - excellent food, great wine list, service not always as attentive as it could be. Good to see duck confit on the menu, it was great. Hope to return for dinner soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were told this is a restauraunt not to miss. We dined here and would again next time in the area. The decor is unique. The staff very friendly and informative and the menu offered dishes not usually found on usual menus. I enjoyed the special, quail with pork meatballs on a parmesan flan. Absolutely delicious. The rest of my party also raved about their meal. Their wine list is very extensive offering local wines and from around the world for all tastes and budgets. Desserts are also to die for.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Tried Capers for dinner. It is located in downtown Belleville and street parking is available. They have indoor and outdoor seating, opted for the indoor one. Service was great, helpful and friendly. We tried the pork slider appetizers( 2 well seasoned mouth watering pork pieces) ; scallop with balsamic vinegar reduction searing on top of perfectly steamed asparagus pieces; and grilled octopus, equally nice. For entrees we had the salmon-accompanied by the best light
parisian gnocchi accompanied by andalouse sauce, very good. Daily special of pork chops,with eggplant pancakes and sauerkraut, yumm. Sauteed duck breast, also good. Pesentation good, portions, can't complain. Will definitely come back here again.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My partner and I went to this place because I had a Groupon that I had to use. It looked nice upon arrival and the menu looked just adventurous enough to be interesting.
My partner and I typically avoid places like this because the food tends to be in scanty portions - and this was the big surprise. Not only was it well prepared and unusual, there was lots of it. We both had the pasta special with brisket and neither of us could finish our entree. That's saying a lot!
The service was also great. We plan to return next time we're in the area!