“Real improvement with remodelling. Nice decor, good food, good service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #80 of 192 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Belleville, Canada
“Real improvement with remodelling. Nice decor, good food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

After 3 months of construction and some bad press, this restaurant has re-opened and we are very pleased. The atmosphere is comfortable and the quality of the food is much improved over last year. This restaurant has again become one of our favourites: we have been eating here for almost 35 years.

• Visited July 2014

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Food has gone down the drain at Swiss Chalet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Unfortunately, Deloris, you are incorrect. You were'n't there when the server told all 6 of us (after we had pointed out the problem with the food we had received), "since it is now owned by the corporate office they have gone for cheaper food and one of them was the cheaper potatoes and oil". This agreed with what I saw on my plate...greasy and tasteless food even after the nice server brought me another plate of fries. As we were leaving the staff at the door told us, after we had commented on the tasteless food, they had received numerous complaints on the food. From the looks of the comments, in this forum, others seem to agree the food is severely lacking. It is truly a great shame that my family nor I can no longer eat what I used to love. My family nor I have gone back there since that dreadful and disappointing meal. I have, also, passed on my experience to my co-workers and friends. Driving by Swiss Chalet, on the weekend, I have noticed that the parking lot is not as full as it used to be....could be others are, also, disappointed in the food. I still say "smarten up Swiss Chalet before you lose all your loyal customers!!!!"

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Beverley M
Belleville, Canada
“What happened to Swiss Chalet food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I visited the renovated Swiss Chalet and was very disappointed in the food. It does not taste anything like it used to. My chicken had very little flavor with no crisp barbecued skin. The skin was soft. The fries were soggy. Service was quick by a pleasant waitress and the new decor was very nice; however food is the most important item!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Picton, Canada
“Reopening of Bell Blvd Swiss Chalet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

A friend and I visited the newly renovated Swiss chalet in Belleville. The new decor has been pleasantly updated and has a more efficient seating plan. The service was terrific and the food fabulous as remembered. They have not changed the potatoes as a previous review had claimed. The chicken was great, the french fries wonderful as always and the salad was fresh and tasty! We tried the new offering of mini cinnamon filled donuts with powered sugar sprinkling and a side of caramel dipping sauce. It was really good! It was a pleasing lunch and we look forward to going back again for a meal that you can count on to be just what you are expecting!

1 Thank Dolores W
Pembroke, ON
“Food was really greasy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I tried out the newly renovated Swiss Chalet and the decor was really impressive. It's very sleek and nicely styled. I don't like extremely bright restaurants so it was nice to visit a place that was well lighted but not too bright. It was a calm and relaxing atmosphere. The waitress was attentive and nice. She recommended a new addition to the menu (a fish sandwich) that was huge! I had to take half of the fish off the bun to be able to fit it in my mouth. It would have been good if it wasn't so greasy. There were pockets of grease throughout it between the batter and fish. I had to dissect it in order to sop up the grease trapped inside.