“Italian Classic?”

Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Linguine's Italian Restaurant has been serving the Belleville & Quinte area for over 25 years, With the help of committed & loyal staff, Linguine's has won Readers Choice Awards for favorite Italian Restaurant, and have sponsored the City of Belleville and numerous Civic Organizations.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This year in July we stopped at one of Belleville’s Front streets, the one at the historic downtown. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon. Unsuspecting we assumed that Tuesday is not any lesser than any other weekday for an urban outing and that 6 p.m. will work well for finding a place to eat out. Presentable L'Auberge de France was open, but unfortunately for us their restaurant was closed at the location for the rest of the week due to a private function elsewhere.

Soon we made a discovery that entire Belleville’s downtown core is largely uninhabited at this hour, so we made our way back to the car and started looking for people. We found them at the other Front street, more to the north, were the Linguine’s Italian Restaurant welcomed and seated all four of us. No, they don’t have children’s menu but some junk food was suggested by a waiter as a replacement. Ok with that. They offer a long wine list, mostly with local Prince Edward County wineries’ products, but when I asked for a classic Italian Chianti which I thought is a "mast have" in any Italian eatery, no – they don’t have one and the closest they have to Chianti is some Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon. Yes, that raised my eye brow too. But ok, this will not spoil our evening, and I decided to have a glass of the suggested replacement.

Our orders were quickly and courteously accepted and soon two salads for two adults arrived. Children were eagerly waiting for their junk food. We happily finished our salads and… started to wait for the main course. The pause was getting awkward. It took entire 40 minutes for our main course meal to arrive – that is from the time we finished our salads. Frustrated children had fallen asleep on our laps without seeing their French fries. When our food finally arrived, two of us ate without looking at each other. All right, I thought, that is completely my fault: I don’t know a word in Italian. Wait, I do: Ciao!

1  Thank CanadianBubbleGum

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I ate here with my parents and husband and we were all very unhappy with our food. We are used to much higher quality Italian food in the restaurants in the GTA. The food took well over an hour to come out and no explanation or apology was ever given to us as to why. We watched people (a family of 8) who came at least 30 mins after us, eat before us and leave as our meals came out. The pasta was overcooked and mushy, the veal limone was in a much heavier cream sauce than is traditional and the food was all lacking in flavour. Sorry to say this, as I have never said this before in a review, but I would not recommend this restaurant or go back again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My Boyfriend and I went to Linguine's for our anniversary as I believe it's the best italian food in Belleville.
We had a cesar salad to start which was garlicy and delicious. Our server brought bread but did not bring any balasmic vinegear and oil which I love :(
I had one of the pasta dishes with penne' and my boyfriend had the chicken parm. They were both very yummy. Portions were big but we managed to finish everything off.
The owner is always very friendly and comes to greet and seat you right away. Everything was clean and tidy. Service was quick even though it was pretty busy for a Tuesday.
Of course we would recommend this place for special occasions.. It isn't the best location and it's a little pricey but we will definitely be back ! Thanks

1  Thank ahartnett87
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were french tourists in the city of Belleville and we were very pleased to go to this restaurant. The owner and the staff were very welcoming and nice even that the owner gave us pretty good recommandation on what to visit around Belleville and Sandbanks. Linguine's italian food was simply excellent! We enjoyed everything about this restaurant!

1  Thank Mare1992
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Staff were wonderfully friendly, the menu is extensive and the portions are large, so you better be hungry when you turn up!
This is a very nice restaurant with very nice decor and mood lighting. Good value for money too.

2  Thank dariush a