“Cool Vibes”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Tibetan
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
“Cool Vibes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

I was skeptical about this place but as soon as I walked through the door I realized that this place was special. The atmosphere was very authentic and charming, the service was friendly and quick and the food was amazingly fresh and full of flavor. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for something different, the place gives off cool vibes and its fast become my favorite restaurant in the area.

1 Thank donniemac87

Tweed, Canada
“A lunch treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

the price is right for a very excellent lunch. Service is very quick and the food comes nearlly as fast as ordered. This is very important if you have a limited time for lunch. I find that the vegetables are crisp and are fresh. I constantly amazed that more people are not at this restaurant as it sure beats fast food places.....you will get a great meal at a reasonable price!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Richard R
Belleville, Canada
“The Wok Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

A far-out dining experience in a near-by neighhood that filled our eyes, noses, ears and taste buds with amazing sensations. There is a fatastic selection of sizzling dishes and a variety of unusual choices that please any palate. The decor is Tibetan and makes the diner feel as if they've left this world and entered into another, as does the wonderful food.

Ottawa, Canada
“great food and friendly, helpful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

The restaurant itself looks like nothing from the outside. Food is very good with a wide choice of chinese and himalayan/tibetan dishes. Server was really friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2011
Gatineau, Canada
“Best Asian food in Belleville area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've been here several times and have always enjoyed myself. Most main dishes are about $8-12 dollars and I would suggest 1 per person, then share. My favorites are their Tibetan curry (they will do it really spicy if you like...I do), the mixed seafood sizzler (it has scallop, shrimp and lobster and the presentation is wonderful) and the spicy bean curd with mixed vegetables (I don't know how they cook their tofu but it has great texture and flavor). They have lovely Tibetan spring rolls to start and I some great hot & soup soup.
Everything has always been super fresh and the restaurant ambiance is quiet and relaxed, perfect for a romantic meal or friendly dinner with family.
This is the first restaurant I go to anytime I'm in Belleville, try it and I'm sure you'll agree it's wonderful!

The Toronto Star did an interesting article about the one owner/chef. You'll realize when reading that you can't get much more authentic Tibetan food.

This is it here >> http://www.thestar.com/living/Religion/article/419670