“Not so amazing”

Dining options: Takeout
Toronto
“Not so amazing”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I am always on the look out for good eats in Brampton, as there are few. I read trip advisor reviews before eating here. I thought it was going to be good and I was definitely dissapointed. I had the chicken shawarma pita and it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I had to request my toppings at the time of order, rather than when the food was being prepared. Overall, the chicken tasted ok, but the topping selection was mediocre. There was no hummus or tabouli options. It felt very much like "Subway" toppings. There was also a poor chicken to lettuce ratio and the sauce was very mayonnaisey. I am not sure if tahini was even put on, I was not asked and I did not taste any. The regular size pita is not very filling. The super size is a fair bit bigger. For people who say that this is the "best shawarma", I'm not sure what you were eating before. There is definitely nothing authentic about the food. If you actually like shawarma and not just a generic chicken pita, this place is not for you. It was edible, the staff were friendly, but I would not eat here again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Laquila_13

Brampton, Canada
“Best shawarma I've ever had”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I tried this place out based on all the reviews saying how good the shawarma is. And I have to be honest, the reviews weren't lying, That was by far the best one I've ever had, along with decent prices and a friendly staff it was the best choice I made all day to go in and order. I just wish I lived a closer so I can eat there more often.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mike L
Mississauga, Canada
“Best shawarma in the GTA”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I have been a fan of Osmow's since their Streetsville location opened. I was thrilled to find out this location opened up right next to where I work. I wasn’t sure if it could live up to the Streetsville location. I was not disappointed.

The shwarmas are consistently excellent. The turnips and other vegetables used are fresh, the sauces are delicious, and it seems like a good part of the prep is done on site. The meat is bursting with flavour and they always use just the right amount of sauce. The sauces are delicious and authentic and don't overpower the meat. I have never been disappointed, although I wish they would put more chicken in their pitas.

The Bramalea location is much quieter than the Streetsville location. The location is also bigger and more comfortable to sit in. As such, you can sit down and enjoy your meal in a quiet and clean restaurant. Unlike the Streetsville location, you don't have to wait more than 10 minutes for your food. If you like shawarma, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank J-P T
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“O Great Shawarma!”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Another try based on other reviews. Arriving late, the owner cooked up a meal for me including a chicken shawarma, rice and salad. The shawarma was excellent and the sauce applied had just the right kick to it. The rice with sauce applied was unique and delicious. I took the salad back to the hotel and found it to be good but not much flavor. Combine the good food and the accommodating, polite service and I will make a return on my next trip.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Gary C
Toronto, Canada
“The Onlyyy place to get your shawarma cravings met!!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This place is awesome the food was great so was the staff! I like the fact that it was tidy and the service was speedy! everyone needs to give this place a try!!!

• Visited July 2012