“Good place for the price”

Best Western Plus Brampton
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Montreal
“Good place for the price”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We (2 adults and a 5 year old) recently stayed here for a couple of nights. It was both good and bad, so we have a bit of a mixed review for our stay. Compared to the other Plus hotels that we have stayed at, this one seems to be a bit lower in terms of the building itself. They do have a number of minor repairs/patch jobs to do in my opinion, though it looks like they might already be working on these, but just not sure as we were never there during the day to see any of this.

There is also no elevator. This wasn’t an issue for us and granted, it is only a two story building, but if you have mobility issues, make sure that you get a room on the first floor.

The room itself was nice. However, the AC unit only seemed to have one temperature setting, really, really cold. I swear, it felt like we were staying in a refrigerator! If we had stayed longer, we would have mentioned something, but in reality we were barely in our room during our visit. We also found that there wasn’t enough light in the bathroom.

The people working at the front desk were really nice though. Very welcoming, attentive and helpful. No complaints there. And an included breakfast is always a nice touch.

And the rate we had was very good. I would say that it was lower than what I would have expected to pay. It’s possible we were lucky to find it on Travelocity, but it was about half the price of other, comparable hotels in the area.

That being said, for the price, this is definitely a place worth staying.

2 Thank MoreVacations:)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York
Reviewed 30 July 2013

it is nice hotel. I found staff are very friendly and room was very clean. very comfortable bed. new b/fast counter is very nice. they are adding new item in the b.fast area which makes it to look modern. I love the new community table. Keep it up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank MeTooToo
windsor
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel was nice and great for the money. we only needed a place to lay our heads...if it was to be a longer stay, I would choose differnent. The pools was unkept and possible unsanitary. The staff was phenominal.

3 Thank Tina K
Westlake, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've never had such terrible customer service at a hotel. We had issues from the start with our toilet. I was asked to plunge my own toliet in my room because the desk manager was the only person at the hotel that evening. The problem continued, myself & daughters were obliged to use the basement bathroom or a public bathroom. They tried to fix the problem but blamed it on us. No manager with authority to compensate us was at the Hotel during check out so I was forced to pay for the room & given the General manager, Satyen Pandey, number to contact. On a side note, what hotel doesn't have a proper manager to handle problems during check out? I contacted him the day after we left, he said he would look into it & call me back. Two more phone calls to him & he never called back. By my fourth call he tried to avoid me by putting me in his voice mail but I finally was able to speak to him. He was rude & said he could do nothing & that I should pay the bill for the plumbing. From the start he was never sympathetic for our disappointing stay & put the blame on us. I will never stay at a Best Western again. I will inform the Rush Hockey Showcase director to please avoid using this hotel as one of the options of stay during his showcase every year in June.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank tanyaHLangermeier
Hawkestone, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Checking in and out is always smooth. Cleanliness is always fine and I always would recommend a Best Western. Using the internet is usually good and I find that The Best Western chain always has a hotel that is close to where we are staying. We find the prices competitive and if breakfast is offered it is usually quite good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Harrington
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Can't go wrong with this hotel. if you're not expecting the Ritz, this is a great value. Free parking, pool, free american breakfast, close to malls, restaurants. Very comfortable beds. I don't believe you can get a better deal in the GTA.

Downtown
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stayed here with my family for two night as I visited Toronto. Rooms, bedding, and towels are clean. Neat swimming pool and sauna.
it also has separate computer room to print stuff (Though papers got stuck, but lady helped me through it)
However, compared to other best western (in other location), room is little cozy for 2 queen bed room. There is no extra table to put stuff or eat in the room.
Service is very good too.