“Not worth it, even though it's cheap”

Motel 6 Toronto Brampton
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here in August 2013 ONLY because we needed a hotel where we could charge our electric car. We booked 9 nights, and requested a small fridge 6 weeks before arrival (the manager advised we could email him the request because we stayed 7 nights in June and did not get a fridge unlike other Motel 6 locations we've stayed at).

On the second day we requested some towels and was told there were none left at that time. I gave a $5 tip to the staff and still did not get any towels until nearly 5 hours later.

We did not get a fridge until after staying six nights. It was a VERY noisy fridge. We found a better hotel (with a charging station) and left two nights early. We were so happy to get out, we did not request a refund, but I did tell the front desk staff how bad their hotel is and that we would never return. Note that the toilet will flush with a lot of force and it will splash you if you don't jump out of the way the moment you flush it (no toilet seat cover). Very little water flows from the sink, so the washroom is very bad overall.

Another problem is the noise from unattended pets. Someone who was staying a few rooms down would leave his two dogs alone in his room. Each time, the dogs would bark and whine continuously until he returned. To make sure everyone heard this noise, he would leave his window open.

The rooms are VERY small at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are very small, I don't recommend any of them. Stay at a better hotel to get a good ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren R

Reviewed 4 June 2013

If you think Brampton Motel 6 is bad try the 1 in mississauga.... Cop city...Yes aroma of pot all over.. Cops going into peoples rooms...rude cops.. And idiot front desk people..The cleaning staff were nice, they did their best, and of course wanted to keep their jobs.. But the front desk people who could not keep track of what was going on, who was who, allowing criminals, in according to the cops, was a bit much for me......and yes the noise was bad.....really not very happy with this place...would never go again..and unless your a criminal..you should not go either

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank shirley s
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Got charged for a night I didn't stay. Had to go through corporate to get the unpleasant manager to issue a refund. Management retaliated by banning me from the establishment and left me stranded in the dark and cold upon my next visit. I was willing to give them a second chance, and instead I was turned away in the middle of winter 300 miles from home.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Tandberg586
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Well stayed there for the night, just to relax but guess what was'nt been able to sleep even for 5 minutes. People were loud, doors were slamming even the AC was so loud and noisy than any thing else in the motel.
Don't stay there folks.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AmirM769
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We rented a room at this hotel for a dog show near by. I was pleased to have laminate flooring instead of carpets in the room. However we stayed on the second floor and had to ride elevator everytime for dog walking. The beds were comfy enough after reqesting additional pancake pillows.
The issues i had with the room were everynight all i and the kids smelled in the hallways was cigarette and POT smoke. So if you have an issue with this, then you may want to reconsider staying here. Although my young girls thought the young women dressed provocatively was "cute", I wondered many times going up to my room if there was a prostitution ring business brining extra money here. I worried about the safety of my girls leaving the room to walk the dogs.
Finally, we forgot the bag that had my winter boots and good running shoes in my room. I called several times after i got home to keep checking to see if they were turned in. But they never were, so i guess whoever cleans the rooms stole an awesome gift from me!!!! Is there no honesty promoted in hotel chains anymore??? So......make sure not to leave anything behind because you will never see it again. Hope my footware are put to good use.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lisa g
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Of all the hotels in Brampton this one was the most affordable. Nice enough room and the concierge is nice and minds his own business.
It's nothing special - no spa or luxuries but decent to get away from home when all you need is some time alone with your sweetheart.
However... Its a little tucked away behind the highway and the first time we had trouble finding it...

Room Tip: The once that are NOT on the main floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

A prearranged outside booking, put me in this place for two nights. (Tuesdsay and Wednesday). I had read the reviews and was very concerned about what to expect. It is not great but, during my stay, it was not as bad as other reviews.
There are NO restaurants within walking distance and NO food services available at the motel. You are stranded if you do not have a car. The room smelled of smoke and the beds need to be replaced as they sag badly.
The roome was clean and the workers were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: There is nothing to make you want to return to this place. My stay was not as bad as other people...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo