“cold start”

Cuisines: Barbecue
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cold start”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Pulled pork sandwich luke warm. Seating is limited. Did not feel welcomed by the employees. No welcome greetings or signs of nice gestures. Small place to even think about bringing your family to eat in is out of the question.

1 Thank Wheeliehappy L

RBC, AL
“1st Time - Good Experience”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and taste of the food, very good. I had the brisket sandwhich with dirty rice and it came with small cole slaw. She gave me a small bowl of baked beans to go with it and they were good too. The others in my group got a brisket sandwhich and a pulled pork sandwich, everyone was surprised and satisfied.

The place is kinda small, not fancy, but the food is good, dont let the appearance fool you. It has a good bbq smell when walking in. The lady taking the orders was very helpful in providing a description of the food and guiding us to a good experience, overall very friendly and wanted to make sure we were satisfied.

Being from Alabama I have tried several bbq places in the south and this will rank in my top 5 places, even above some of the national brands out there.

I would return again just to have more cole slaw and try something different. My guess is its all good!!

It will be a long time before I return to Canada. Well at least I hope so, this polar vortex is not for me!

Thanks again TRIPADVISOR for such a good selection.

2 Thank kellerqx
Mississauga
“Try it”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I found a review on line for this restaurant and decided to try it. It is in a little plaza on Kennedy Road in Brampton and it is a very small little location. From the outside, you might not go in, unless you read the reviews. Inside it is very small, clean, with a few tables and chairs. We were greeted immediately and welcomed, our server was helpful and attentive and the cook asked if we enjoyed our meal. The food is bbq - and there is a smoker on site. The smell of the food in the restaurant made your mouth water. We tried the smoked briskett and ribs - both very delicious. Fries were fresh cut and coleslaw was great and took the heat out of the bbq sauce.

A table next to us told us we had to try the mac and cheese with pulled pork and the corn bread - they raved about their choices. You can take out as well as eat in. I would definitely come back here again. The food was great and the people very nice.

Brampton
“Much better than last time”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was not impressed a few years ago. After all the good reviews I gave it another shot. I was impressed. The ribs were good, but the wings were awesome. The slaw was also great. This is now my wing place in Brampton. BBQ sauce is really good. The staff is very friendly and seem very happy for your business Thank you for making my second experience very good.

London, Canada
“I could smell the food from the parking lot”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I travel quite a bit for my job. Everywhere I go, I try to find the best BBQ places, Most of my travel is in the US and I really struggle to find a good BBQ place in Canada. Well I found it!!!!

I could smell the food as soon as I parked my car. Inside, it is quite small but the owners are very friendly.

The brisket is one of the best I have ever had - true southern US style. They smoke the brisket for 14 hours, pork for 12 hours and the ribs for 6 or 7.

The brisket is so well seasoned and like true BBQ, you don't need the sauce. But in this case, the home made sauce was a worthy addition.

It is very apparent that this family run business they really pride themselves in what they do.

if you have never had true southern BBQ - this is a place to start.

Only disappointment were the hush puppies - really hard and greasy.

Very good price as well.

• Visited December 2013