“If you love RIBFEST, you will adore RD's Southern BBQ”
Review of RD's Southern BBQ

RD's Southern BBQ
Ranked #23 of 717 Restaurants in Brampton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Mississauga
“If you love RIBFEST, you will adore RD's Southern BBQ”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If there's any food event I look forward to annually, it's RIBFEST for all the saucy bbqed meats. But, now that I've discovered RD's, I don't have to wait 9 months for the 3 summer months because I can have the satisfaction any time I want at RD's. I've tried the chicken, the ribs, coleslaw, cornbread, and mac. There's still so much more on the menu I want to try, like the PoBoy and pulled pork. The service is very genuine and homely and that grill is always smoking with something yummy. I've only had this to go, so I'm not sure what the dine-in experience is like. It's in a strip mall off of Kennedy, so don't expect the decor to be modern or fancy. It's just a spot to pick up some BBQ goodness. WARNING: your fingers WILL get very messy and saucy, so don't be afraid to lick the sauce right off them. Just be sure to wash your hands before you eat. RD's is highly recommended to the BBQ lovers in the GTA. You don't have to wait till RIBFEST.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank MsVista

Brampton, Canada
“Don't judge a book by it's cover!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having lived in Brampton all of my life, this seedy little strip plaza where RD's is located is not somewhere I would have thought held one of our city's hidden gems..but it is! Hubby and I decided to give it a try on Saturday night since I had read so many great reviews about it. Nothing fancy, a small dine in area, tucked away in a less than desirable plaza...but wow oh wow!!! From the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcome and appreciated. The kind lady who greeted us, explained the different offerings on the menu and told us of the smoker they use to smoke all of their meat. The aroma of the place was wonderful, teasing your senses with the great southern BBQ food to come. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with mild bbq sauce, hubby ordered the grilled chicken sandwich, and we decided to share some coleslaw, sweet potato fries and cornbread. Everything was absolutely delicious!! The pulled pork was the best I've ever had. The coleslaw was amazing; creamy and tasty. The sweet potato fries were delicious all on their own, no need for condiments. The cornbread was home baked and excellent. We were treated to attentive service, excellent food and will definitely return!!! Total cost for everything including beverages and tip $30.00

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank kim n
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cold start”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Pulled pork sandwich luke warm. Seating is limited. Did not feel welcomed by the employees. No welcome greetings or signs of nice gestures. Small place to even think about bringing your family to eat in is out of the question.

1 Thank Wheeliehappy L
RBC, AL
“1st Time - Good Experience”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and taste of the food, very good. I had the brisket sandwhich with dirty rice and it came with small cole slaw. She gave me a small bowl of baked beans to go with it and they were good too. The others in my group got a brisket sandwhich and a pulled pork sandwich, everyone was surprised and satisfied.

The place is kinda small, not fancy, but the food is good, dont let the appearance fool you. It has a good bbq smell when walking in. The lady taking the orders was very helpful in providing a description of the food and guiding us to a good experience, overall very friendly and wanted to make sure we were satisfied.

Being from Alabama I have tried several bbq places in the south and this will rank in my top 5 places, even above some of the national brands out there.

I would return again just to have more cole slaw and try something different. My guess is its all good!!

It will be a long time before I return to Canada. Well at least I hope so, this polar vortex is not for me!

Thanks again TRIPADVISOR for such a good selection.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank kellerqx
Mississauga
“Try it”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I found a review on line for this restaurant and decided to try it. It is in a little plaza on Kennedy Road in Brampton and it is a very small little location. From the outside, you might not go in, unless you read the reviews. Inside it is very small, clean, with a few tables and chairs. We were greeted immediately and welcomed, our server was helpful and attentive and the cook asked if we enjoyed our meal. The food is bbq - and there is a smoker on site. The smell of the food in the restaurant made your mouth water. We tried the smoked briskett and ribs - both very delicious. Fries were fresh cut and coleslaw was great and took the heat out of the bbq sauce.

A table next to us told us we had to try the mac and cheese with pulled pork and the corn bread - they raved about their choices. You can take out as well as eat in. I would definitely come back here again. The food was great and the people very nice.

• Visited January 2014