“My First Choice for Lunch”
Review of Brampton Dragon - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brampton Dragon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have been going to the Brampton Dragon for lunch for years; the restaurant is a five minute walk from the court house, and I have lunch there once a week or so when my matters get held over until the afternoon.
For $6.99 at lunch, you can have your choice of a soft drink or hot and sour soup (I always opt for the soup: excellent), a spring roll, and your main (rice is included). The first time I dined at the Dragon, I ordered the chili chicken, and I have never ordered anything else in all these years (why mess with a good thing?). The meal has a wonderful "kick" but is not obnoxiously hot, and the portion is more than I can eat. Vegetarian friends whom I have taken have ordered the chili paneer and loved it, and I have, at this point, taken at least two dozen people, all of whom have been happy to return.
I will admit that the ambiance is ... minimalist: fine for a work day lunch but not a place I would go to for a romantic dinner. Oh, and the server (always the same man at lunch) is very polite and pleasant.
If anyone can suggest a better value-for-money lunch spot in Brampton, I would be up to the challenge of checking it out.

1  Thank Mr_Weston
There are newer reviews for Brampton Dragon

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is quite place to get good Indian Hakka Chinese food. Their garlic fish is awesome. They make that dry which goes very well as appetizers. Their Manchurian Noodels are delicious and the quantity is pretty decent. Their fried rice is not at all greasy. We have been going there for almost a year now and the staff is very pleasant and helpful.

2  Thank Specialeventmanager
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The pakoras at the Dragon are amazing. I like the Manchurian rice and all the other dishes are prepared nicely. I don't know enough about Hakka to determine if it's authentic, but it works for me!

2  Thank Carl W
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was visiting some relatives nearby that insisted we go eat here, and I'm glad I listened to them! Everything we ordered here was great. My favorite was the Crispy Mushroom Manchurian. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

3  Thank anmold