“Very pleased!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
near DC
“Very pleased!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Our room looked exactly as pictured, and was extremely clean and comfortable. The facility was nicely located, and the staff was incredibly pleasant and accommodating. This is NOT a luxury hotel, but for a safe, clean, comfortable room, with a wonderful jacuzzi after an 8 hour drive, this is my new hotel of choice. The king Jacuzzi room has a microwave and fridge, a nice double-size jacuzzi and a fireplace, that was a bit silly, but worked. Plenty of towels and a free paper in the AM. I usually stay in the Argentia Road area, but I think this will be my new go-to place for the area. And the breakfast was LOVELY - the nicest free breakfast set-up I have seen in any hotel.

Room Tip: It was not busy, so the desk staff allowed us to check out a bit later, with no extra charge. It see...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank mjaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Checkin went smoothly, desk staff are friendly. Room was clean (king bed, jacuzzi, fireplace), bathroom was really small, bed was uncomfortable, jacuzzi and fireplace were nice. You could hear when neighbour's shower was on. Hotel is located in industrial/factory part of town, but there are restaurants close by. Pool is small, whirlpool was not working. Breakfast day 1 - egg and cheese omelettes, scrambled eggs, pancakes and weiners (yes weiners!), sausage and potatoes came out later, after we ate. Breakfast day 2 - biscuits, scrambled eggs, pancakes, potatoes and bacon. Bagels, toast, cereal available both days. Halls and elevators are warm and stuffy. Doesn't compare to other Holiday Inn Express hotels (compared to Nepean, ON HIE and Montreal Airport, QC HIE).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ALGM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Hello all:

Hotel is overall good but internet connectivity sucks.

I was not productive at all due to Internet issues and when I asked the Management their answer was that we can't help with Internet issues since it is been like that for last 2 years.

Poor Management and Owners!!

Thanks-
Jim

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim S
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Dear Jim S,

Thank you for taking time to write a feedback about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We’re sorry the internet connection was was unacceptable during your visit. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Bon V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on four occasions, most recently 2 nights ago. For $80 CAD you get king bed, in-room fireplace, jacuzzi-jet tub, microwave and fridge and high speed internet. Also free buffet breakfast the next morning. Very clean, efficient staff, couldn't be better. I have to overnight in Toronto twice a year, and this is definitely my preferred stop.

Room Tip: I like room 103 - close to the main lobby and buffet on the main floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank drsgbriggs
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Upon check-in at this hotel (2-day group booking for hockey) in April 2012, the staff informed us that we had up till 6pm the following day to cancel our 2nd day of the reservation. I questioned this policy because I have stayed with many sports teams over the years and this policy was unusual. The staff acknowledged and confirmed that we had till 6pm. Our team did not advance to the finals and upon checkout at around 4 the next day, they informed us that we owed for the 2nd night. Of course no manager working at the time ....

I called the manager and left messages on 2 different days with no returned calls. On the 3rd attempt, I did talk to the manager. I explained the situation and the manager informed me that they had no policy like I described and the staff would not say such a thing.

I asked him if he was calling me a liar and he answered "Yes". I was stunned.

I then informed him that I would make sure nobody in the hockey world would stay there again and he replied "That would be a blessing"

This hotel does not deserve your business.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ItsAllHockey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear ItsAllHockey,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I'm now going to keep using this hotel when in Toronto and with an early flight out. It's about 10Km / 7Miles from YYZ but it's just one road so that makes it nice and easy. Since it's not on the strip it's about $20 cheaper than the Holiday Inn that's right at the airport. Free parking, and free wifi are great too. Of course there's the Holiday Inn Express breakfast included. It doesn't start until 6:30 AM but they set up before that and were more than happy to let my family and I begin our grazing early.

We had booked a crib for the room, sadly it wasn't there when we got to the room but a phone call down to the front desk, an appropriate appology and within a few minutes it was there.

The hotel's not as shiny as it was the last time I stayed there but then I am not going here for vacation or work it's just to make the drive to the airport shorter in the morning and for that it\s perfect.

Room Tip: If you get an odd number room you can look out over the parking lot and keep an eye on your car...if...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PegLeg-and-SherBear
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a mixed business and personal trip. The hotel is very close to the 407 which was convenient both for getting to Vaughn for business during the day (20 min) and downtown Toronto for dinner at night (30 min). The hotel's was clean and well kept. Compared to other Holiday inn Expresses I have stayed at I would say the rooms are slightly dated, but not significantly or to a level that anyone but the most picky stayer would mind. When comparing online prices for hotels this one came in about $30 cheaper than any of the others around Toronto making it a really good value. Airport road can get a bit busy at times so if road noise is a major concern for you I might recommend requesting a room on the parking lot side. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Toronto who doesn't mind staying a bit outside of the city and driving in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North/East side away from the road if traffic noise bothers you.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business