“Do not stay here on the weekend.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times (30-50 nights) over the last year. During the week it is as expected out of a holiday inn. BUT every time I have ever stayed here on a weekend night, there has been a fight on my floor in the middle of the night with the cops being called. They let kids stay here and throw parties,I guess. The first time I let it go, the second time I complained , this is the 3rd time. I am in town for work so yes I have to get up in the morning work 8 hrs and then drive 5 hours home. If you want a loud yelling screaming time, stay here on a weekend. You leave tired grumpy and groggy from the lack of sleep you will get. I would highly discourage anyone from staying here. There are Many hotels around the area that are the same price and I have never had issues with any of them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SteveandJodiH
Athithan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback for our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not quite night what you had hoped with regards to the neighboring sounds. We hope this won't prevent you from continuing to stay with Holiday Inn Express in the future. We appreciate your staying with us, and we appreciate your feedback. Again, I am so sorry that we were not able to meet you expectations and hope that you will give us another chance during your future travels.

Regards,
Athithan.S

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The property was easy to find, clean and pleasant. The pool is small and therefore too crowded if there are a few people in it. Breakfast could be served just a half hour later, like most other properties. Good for a free breakfast but I wouldn't pay for it. Nothing really special, but not bad.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane29556
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband, my one-year old and I stayed here last week. After check in, we organized our room, bathed the baby, and put her to bed. She cried a lot, as she does in a new bed, so we got her out a few times. We noticed she didn't smell good, her hands stunk and her clothes stunk. We checked her diaper, checked her clothes, and didn't think too much more about it since she was exhausted from the travel, figuring she had gas, or may have just crawled on the floor in a hotel which - who knows. In the morning, we noticed again, and paid more attention but couldn't figure it out. So I went to the crib, and on the sheet noticed a stain. It turned out to be vomit that was never washed, the smell as you know is unmistakeable. I was disgusted that I made my baby sleep in this, her face on the sheet all night, and not knowing if the last child was ill, if there was a virus, etc. I took it down to the desk and asked for the manager, was told nobody was in at the moment, explained it to the clerk who then magically found the manager. I showed him, and all agreed, yes it was vomit. He found the lady who was head of housekeeping. He showed her the sheet, and she became very rude and accusatory to me, leaning over toward me and saying "No, this is from your baby. I saw the housekeeper put a new sheet on." which seems odd, since I didn't say my room number or anything, and I'm curious how often they watch each other prepare rooms. I told her no, my baby is not sick, has no vomit on her hair, or on her clothes or face as is inevitable if a baby vomits in bed. She said "well then it must be food from her." I told them we bathed our baby, put fresh clothes on her and put her in bed, she was never sick and she repeatedly almost yelled over me "no, you're wrong, the sheets were clean, I saw her change them, this is from your baby." After about five minutes of this the manager told her enough, to stop talking and when I said she was completely rude, wrong and either lying or calling me a liar, he insisted the problem was with her English which seemed solid to me. In the end he gave me coupons for miles to book a future room, but what I wanted was a true apology and not to be called a liar by someone who made my baby sleep in vomit all night. Horrendous. If this didn't happen the hotel would have been fine, but their handling of this and of it happening in the first place is ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jen J
Athithan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear guest, we appreciate you taking the time to complete this Trip Advisor review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept my sincere apologies about the baby crib sanitation and staff service. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel and staff service are.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is located close to different malls and very close to Walmart( crossing the street) . It is absolutely clean with an small pool that is not exactly heated like they said but after use the jacuzzi it not too bad . The room is nice and complete with fridge and microwave . The bathroom had the best FRagance shampoo and air conditioner and body lotion. The bed is hard but comfortable and a pair of pillows : one firm and the other soft. The air conditioning has a thermostat to controller and is relatively quiet.breakfast is good: nice scrambled eggs ,sausage and tinny bacon with a variety of pastries ( wonderful warm cinnamon rolls)and delicious coffee .
Be aware: even if you find a better price ( what I found in orbitz. Priceline and hotels club.com) and call them and they see it NEVER they will accept you were right. I called the hotel, the customer service on line to chat with, The corporate office, Nobody ,even seeing the better price: they said: I will print it out for you and will talk with my manager.....bla bla bla. Horrible customer service experience at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Claudia G,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am glad that the room condition, amenities and breakfast selection worked for you needs. On the other hand, I am very sorry for any inconvenience you have encountered. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay recently for three nights at this location. Rooms and all property was very clean. Breakfast was good (standard). My only negative would be that the pool was very small. However, I felt that we received a very good value and would stay again.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was disappointed ,this hotel is run by people who care about profit not hospitality. Anyway one of the worst Holiday inn I ever stayed in .
The breakfast was horrible the sausage tasked like my shoes old and dry ,clean less not on standard of the rest of the holiday chain ,I was just yesterday at the holiday inn express in Chatham Ontario with the exact opposite experience ,I recommend that the owner have a look how this property is operated and learn a little .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank paulgeci
Athithan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Tyhoward
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us. We are really to hear that our hotel does not meet your expectations. The breakfast is the Holiday Inn standard. Every Holiday Inn Express hotel has the same breakfast and we apologize that it was not tasteful to you. We do offer many other options such as fresh pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels, cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. It is unfortunate that you feel this way. Our staff including breakfast attendants would be delighted to help and make other suggestions when a guest is dissatisfied. We hope you visit again and give us a chance to show you that our guests are our top priority!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions as we have a customer nearby. I've been happy with each of my stays thus far. The rooms are clean and include a microwave and refrigerator which are nice for longer stays. The rooms and grounds are always well kept. The location is very convenient to the 407 which means it is easy to get both in and out of the city. It is right on airport road, but I haven't expeirenced any issues with road noise. Breakfast is good, but not the best I've found at this level of hotel. While completely adequate, I have found the hotels front desk staff to be a little impersonal and to the point during check in and out. It doesn't bother me, but I can understand where some other reviewers are coming from with their complaints. However, this hotel offers great value for its location and for that reason I will continue to stay here and recommend it to my colleagues.

Room Tip: Southwest side rooms face Airport Rd.