“Great service and customer attention by courtsey staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Great service and customer attention by courtsey staff. The rooms are quiet for a home away from home

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hukeshc

Reviewed 18 February 2010

So my husband and I stayed in the jacuzzie suite for Valentine's Day and wow! I just loved it. It was quiet the rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. We needed some extra towels and called down to front desk who said no problem and had the towels to us in no time. Enjoyed a great breakfast. We also got to enjoy the pool and
Fitness center. The only thing I felt was bad was the way we left the room a mess... sorry to housekeeping hope you got your tip! all in all we had a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Thank you for a romantic and enjoyable Valentine's Day.Can't wait to come back for another stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nacent
Reviewed 28 October 2009

This was a very nice experience. When we stayed here, the hotel was fairly new and it showed well. Everything was very clean, and the service was great. We stayed in a King suite. It was well worth the money. We will be staying here the next time we are in Brampton!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank newtripguy
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I booked a suite with a Jacuzzi tub as a surprise for my wife who accompanied me on a business trip to the Greater Toronto Area. Other than a slightly larger room to accommodate the tub, it was hard to identify what about this room justified it being called a “suite”.

After check-in we went to our room and turned on the TV to catch-up on the news, etc. The TV flickered so badly that it could probably induce a seizure. Changing channels didn’t help, nor did waiting a few minutes for the TV to “warm up”.

A phone call to the front desk left my wife on hold for 6 minutes. When the clerk came back on the line, she replied “I’ll call you right back.” After 15 minutes of waiting for a call back, we re-packed our luggage and returned to the front desk. When we got to the desk, the clerk commented “I was just about to call you”...yeah, RIGHT !

We were given key-cards to an identical room on a different floor. Again, wanting to watch the news, I turned on the TV. This time all I got was a blue screen and the words “No Signal”. This TV had a sticker on it that read;
“Turn ON”
“Turn OFF”
“Turn ON Again”
OK...let’s give that a try...NO LUCK & STILL NO SIGNAL !
Back down to the front desk, slightly stressed, and disappointed with the quality of their most expensive rooms.

Upon arrival at the front desk clerk, I insisted on a room with a working TV ! The clerk felt it necessary to go to our previous rooms to check that we were “correct about the TV problems”.

What ??? There’s more to a TV than pushing the ON/OFF button and changing the channel ?

After 18 minutes of sitting in the lobby, and telling other guests that the one and only front desk staff member was looking for a working TV, she returned to tell us that the upgrade room that she was going to offer us on the “Executive Club level”, ALSO DID NOT HAVE A WORKING TV, and confirmed that we were correct about the TVs in the two previous rooms. Thank-You for confirming that we hadn’t slipped into early senility in our mid-forties!

The room’s description on their website states;
“YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL IN THIS RM WITH FIREPLACE AND ROMANTIC JACUZZI”

I guess “ALL” doesn’t include a working TV. Customer service ? I think NOT !

The clerk then picked-up the telephone receiver while looking at a remote control that she had brought with her from one of the rooms. She started discussing the ON/OFF button and how to “point” the remote. My wife asked with whom she was speaking ? She had called the hotel manager at home to ask for directions on how to operate the remote !!!

We immediately demanded a refund / zero balance bill for our credit card and were ready to leave. Even this was a “task” for the front desk clerk to accomplish !!!

In fairness, the rooms were clean and relatively well appointed, but save your money by getting a “regular room”, don’t ask for a working TV and don’t expect customer service.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
6  Thank RescueTeam
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I booked this hotel for my mother-in-law during her stay in Brampton for our daughter's baptism. The hotel offers a convenient shuttle to the airport, but we picked her up so we didn't use it. The hotel is clean, helpful and (according to her) very nice. She used the pool and exercise equipment and asked to stay here next time, which is really the test, isn't it? Now that we've moved away, we plan to stay here when we visit Brampton next time.

I didn't stay here myself, but based on my MIL's review, I would book my guests here in future. For those who live in Brampton/ Bramalea/ Malton and need someplace for relatives, I would recommend this hotel. They offer helpful tours if you want to drop by beforehand and look around. Plenty of parking and easy in and out to Airport Rd. Lots of nearby shops and restaurants, too.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Voyageur100
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn select in Brampton but figured I'd give this one a try. The hotel is very new (only about a year and a half old) and everything in the hotel and room was new and fresh. Room was much larger than the room I usually get at the Brampton Holiday Inn select and included a microwave and decent sized refrigerator. Staff is very friendly and breakfast is great with a lot of selections. The fitness center is very small with only a couple of machines. I didn't use the pool but the pool and fitness center are much smaller than the ones at the Holiday Inn select down the road. Like all Holiday Inn expresses, there is no restuarant or room service, which I usually don't use anyway. Overall I was very satisfied with the stay and probably would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mwav3
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Well based upon reading some reviews I decided to stay here as opposed to the Courtyard just a short drive away.
The location is in an industrial setting but it is easy to find and is hardly remote since there are shops etc reasonably close particularly if you have a car.

The high point is the front desk ladies who are simply the best I have ever come across. I was allowed to check in early as the weather had enabled me to be well ahead of schedule.

The decor is in very good condition and the room quite adequate , at a price which represents good value for money. Booked an Executive suite which had a large King bed which was very comfy , with nice bedding and several pillows. The sitting room space is smaller than I would have expected as is the area for a fridge and Microwave etc ...Sofa bed is reasonably comfy but felt much smaller than being a queen and smaller in length. Would definetly recommend the room for the business traveller if the room is for one , or a couple but if looking to use the sofa bed as a second bed , would definetly not recommend.

On of the main reasons for choosing to stay here was the complimentary breakfast which had received good reviews. This was a huge let down and the lady responsible for this really was not up to par. Went down in a very hungry state as the meeting that previous evening had run till very late and like numerous other people staying , was completely disappointed.
No scrambled eggs unless you mean the little left in one corner with skin on it as had been out so long. French toast that was a brick and sausage patties so hard and overcooked that they were completely unedible. Was going to wait and tough it out in the hopes that more food may be forthcoming but on seeing a lady receive an omelette which she then had to return a couple of times as was cold , well this was enough for me , so decided to go back to the room with a cup of tea and leave it at that... Went to get water and that was empty so that my cup had no more than a trickle in it.
To use the phrase can most certainly say literally and figuratively that my cup was not half full. Please look at my other reviews as I am not one to complain. Enjoy simple , somewhat staid food , and usually rate places I stay quite highly . So for me to be critical I have to say I was disappointed.
That siad again the business traveller should take note as many hotels in and around GTA still either charge for wireless or else do not offer it . This place does and it is excellent.
Would maybe give the Holiday Inn a second chance at some stage but probably not as would chose to perhaps stay instead at the Courtyard or in a couple of weeks time will instead stay at Staybridge suites not to far away in Mississauga.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank QPR_4_ever