“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Brampton
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you are looking for a quality, relatively exceptional meal in Brampton, La Capannina is the place. The atmosphere, the staff and the food are excellent. I had the Mussels Marinara, and the Chicken Pesto with sundried tomatoes, and it was delicious. My husband had the clam chowder, with the Atlantic Salmon with vegetables. Of course, i am a dessert person, so I had the Espresso over vanillan Ice cream, a bit runny but delicious. We were given a free Cherry Cheesecake to celebrate our anniversary.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had not been to this restaurant in nearly 15 years as I had moved away from the area. I was so looking forward to a return visit and I was not disappointed. Terrific service and great food. Oyster Rockerfellas were still divine. I wish I could return more often. Thankyou very much.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant many many years ago and found the food just average. We decided to give it another chance and were very much pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food. Although the decorum has changed little, the food made this visit memorable. For those who haven't experienced this restaurant in a while, you definitely have to give it another try. The gnocchi are to die for. The fish was fresh and prepared perfectly. The favourite dish we had was the Lobster bisque. That was fantastic! I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you are looking for a nice place to relax over a glass of wine or two while sampling some great Italian fare look no farther than La Capannina. You are always made to feel welcome and never rushed. The perfect spot to reconnect with friends or your significant other!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A business associate recommended this spot which is an awkward location next to a parking garage, set back quite a few meters from the street. Once inside, we took a step back into time with classic service, classic Italian dishes and excellent Chianti. While this restaurant is not fantastic, it is very good and worth a look.

2  Thank Wtftraveler