“The new owners are exactly what this hotel needed.”

Brantford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Brantford
brantford
“The new owners are exactly what this hotel needed.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My new beautiful wife and I had our dream wedding here on August 2nd 2014 it was our dream wedding we had 100 people.

The wedding: IT WAS MY BRIDES DREAM COME TRUE.

VENUE: WAS well organized,

Food: was an amazing full course meal.

Service: the owners did such an amazing job with having the right amount of staff to handle 100 people. The front desk helped everyone with their rooms, serving the food and getting anything extra even things like bringing water without asking them. The service was promptly and just all around amazing.

Cleanliness: rooms were so clean, the bathrooms were spotless. it is way better than some other hotels in the area.

Open bar: they had prepared very well and had stock to supply the amount of guests we had and I believe could do it even if it was double the size.

Everything was unbelievable. It was our dream wedding.

Thank you so much quality Inn.

If anyone ever asked us to recommend a great wedding package I would send everyone who asked me.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Cleanness:
My room was on the ground floor with a glass-door connecting to the parking lot. I didn't really check the room until there was a spider crawling onto the newspaper I was reading. Then I noticed there were tons of spiders and spider webs around the lamps, headboards and TV stand. There were dead bug bodies on the carpet. Later I saw cockroaches in the washroom floor and flys and bugs flying around. The tables were covered in dust. The sheets and towels had stains. I really wonder if they ever cleaned the room before I checked in. As I strolled in the hotel, it was smelly and shabby. The carpet on the staircase and hallway were not tidy at all. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in Canada.
Services:
I requested a microwave along with my reservation. However, there was no microwave in my room after I checked in at 3:00pm. I called the front desk right away and the guy said he would let me know soon. Later, I saw two employees carrying microwaves moving around. But they didn't give me one. I waited until 6:00pm for nothing. I did call 2 more times in between to remind the front desk guy who wasn't helpful at all. He didn't feel sorry and said there was nothing he could do.
The next day I went to him to fix my room key, twice. I travel a lot and know how the key works. I put the key in a separate pocket but for some reason I could access the hotel building but not my room. He was very impatient saying I made him reprogram the key twice. The customer service in this hotel is really unfriendly and unhelpful.
Breakfast:
They served very basic breakfast including bread, fruits and drinks. On the last day of my stay, we came to the breakfast at 7:00. There was no milk or cereal. There was no bread but lots of bagels. The lady simply told us they ran out of food. My boy didn't eat anything.

Wifi:
It was really bad quality. It was on and off and hard to use. I couldn't use the internet most of the time during my stay there.

Something you should know:
It was shocking news to me as my friend who also stayed in the ground level got a "break-in". They lost a laptop, play book and two bags with personal stuff. My friend called the police himself. All the surveillance cameras didn't work, in and out of the hotel. The owner didn't do anything but move them to the 2nd floor.

Conclusion:
I stayed to the last day as I pre-paid for four nights already. One of my friends left after the second day and moved to another hotel. I usually ask for a late check out on the last day as my son has swimming competition that night. This time I couldn't wait to leave as early as possible and never come back again.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay there, ask for the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MaxineChen

Travellers are raving about these Brantford hotels

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My room got break in during my stay, lab top and tablet are stolen. After file a report to the police than I find out there are NO surveillance camera are working in the hotel. The hotel are too dirty and dusty, the police can't get the finger print. The owner told me that he took over this place only 3 month, is the camera take this long to being fix. Ask for who is the last person who get into my room for the key card reader, he say the housekeeper is the last person who go in to my room and she is a nice lady, this do not help me at all. The second day my room are NOT being clean, I have to go down to the lobby 3 time to ask them just take away my garbage in the room. If I can find another hotel available at that time I will definitely leave right away. Its do not deserve a star.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TRAVELandEATS2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Arrived late on a Thursday evening for a 3 night stay. Room was extremely dirty and badly maintained. Floor was not vacuumed, accumulated dirt along every wall. Carpet was badly stained in many places. Bathroom was a disaster - bathtub was filthy and had mould all around the grout, toilet needed cleaned, toilet was so close to vanity had to sit at an angle, mirror frame broken and hanging off, wall heater covered in dirt, mirror on bathroom door very dirty. Found what looked like mouse droppings on desk behind coffee machine. Sheet had holes and bedspread was stained. Bedside table had only been wiped in front of lamp, phone and alarm clock, at the back, under these items there was a puddle of some fluid in which live larva were wiggling. The ground floor room had a sliding glass door to the parking lot, the handle had been attached in such a way that it sat at an angle and overlapped the door frame - this was the only security on the door. The room had paint chipped and wallpaper pealing off. When I complained about all of the above I was offered an "upgraded" room. This was exactly the same type of room as the one I had, but was somewhat cleaner. However, there was still some cleanliness issues and the microwave oven that in the first room had been on top of the fridge, in this one was sitting on the floor. Overall the whole hotel is very badly maintained. Front desk staff report that new owners took over a month ago and are working on upgrades. However, in the past month a lot more could have been done to address most of the cleanliness issues. If there had been anywhere else with space available I would have left!

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room in this facility!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CSML47
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I was a guest of a friend attending another friends wedding. Upon entering the hall located upstairs in the hotel I was surprised at the lack of accessibility for disabled people, being that I am in that field of work. However I was quite impressed by the decor of the hall and the lovely way it was set up. Everything went well through the introductions, speeches, and dinner aside from a few complaints around ftom others that their meal was cold, mine was lovely. It soon came to many of our attentions that alot of tables were without wine, mostly the white (which we had to ask for and then found out that the new owner of this place had taken it and the staff could not find).
Throughout the night and trips to the bar it became evident that the one bar tender on staff was feeling quite rushed with the amount of guests but did a fantastic job of keeping up and interacting with all of us. She was amazing! The apparently new owner of this establishment stood behind her the entire night watching over everything with quite a scowl. This seemed very strange, meager, and honestly extremely inappropriate to me as a guest. Later on in the evening I even witnessed him arguing with the groom for some time, in what I could overhear of the music and talking as how much alcohol was to be provided at his "open bar" reception. ..... rediculous. And how sad of a memory to hold onto for your once in a lifetime best night ever event!
MY friend did not choose to book our hotel night here, which I can say I was more than glad of after witnessing what I had at the reception. I can only imagine the lack of service that would be provided to overnight guests given the stellar performance for the bride and groom.
If I were an upcoming couple planning to book here I woukd advise you to run away! Although I must commend the couple in the beautiful choice of decorations and ceremony, as well as the staff of this event for their tremendous service and dedication to work for such a rude man as this!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Muskokamary3
Innisfil
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as there were no hotels available because of Friday 13th in Port Dover. To make a very long story short, we were locked out of our room more than once and had to get the key card recoded 4 times. The also had to call someone in to fix it. There were a pair of men's shorts hanging in the washroom. The restaurant / bar servers were very unprofessional. They ran out of draft beer, bottled coors light and then miller. When we ordered dinner, we were told they had run out of spaghetti. Who runs out of spaghetti? We paid extra to have a king size bed, which we rolled into the center of. Slept with pillows between us to keep us from rolling. The second night when we returned from Port Dover we went to the bar and we were told that after 10 pm they don't wait tables, you need to go to the bar and order. When we returned to our room that night, we were locked out again. Luckily the 2 other couples we were with had no issues. This hotel is poorly run and not well maintained. It doesn't even deserve a star. All we got from management was an apology.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tripvacationer
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Where to start? We got a family suite, which we were told was 2 rooms and a living room with doors separating them. Nope! it was one room with 2 beds and a "living room" We were traveling for a funeral, it was myself my Husband our 9 year old and our 2 month old My mom and my cousin, we now had 2 beds and a pull out couch to sleep on. my mom took a bed in the room and my cousin and my 9 year old took the other my husband and I took the pull out couch. The couch had white powder and other debris on the cushions, the entire middle wall had no electricity, our fridge was here and we have medications that need to stay refrigerated. when my mom called she was informed there was no staff. my husband found the breaker and had to fix it himself. we took the cushions off the couch to find the previous guests fried rice was all between and under them. I went to plug my phone charger into the plug behind the couch to find black olives behind it, there was a thick coat of dust along every surface. the ledge behind the curtains had dead bugs and a thick layer of dirt. we needed more blankets and pillows, so we called the front desk to ask, she brought us 2 sheets. we told her we needed pillows and blankets and were informed that they did not have any. we pulled out the couch to go to bed and the blankets that were on the bed were full of cigarette burns and other dirt. WE wrapped the entire bed blankets and all in the one sheet and we covered up with the other. we froze . we tried to shut off the air conditioner but the switches didn't work so we had to unplug it from the broken outlet that had the cover sticking out in every which direction. the pull out couch had 3 bars running through it and a bunch of springs, i felt every one. the next morning came and so did daylight, that is when you can see all of the dirt, there was puke or blood (not sure which) all over the wall by the bathroom. the tables were covered in old sticky messes. We checked out early the rooms were booked from the Thursday until the Sunday, we checked out Friday before noon. They refused to reimburse us for the rest of the stay, the owner said we refused their offer of other accommodations in their hotel. If they can't clean one room why should we move to another filthy room? They claimed to have just taken over and were renovating, renovations is one thing filth is another. we stayed here June 19th 2014 and will never ever stay there again. I have stayed in my share of hotels as we have family all over Ontario but this was the worst place i have ever been in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 613Brandis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brantford
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Brantford
Days Inn Brantford
#4 of 6 in Brantford
The Barracks Inn
#1 of 2 in Ancaster
Downtown Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario

Been to Brantford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!