“Oh My Goodness!” 4 of 5 bubbles

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Oh My Goodness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I played on a bantam girls AAA team in this arena. Definitely one of my favourites. With four rinks that where great for our spring team in all of our shorts and tanks because of the weather control in there it was great. It also had a running track and a swimming pool with a lot of parking. This place was outstanding... Have fun and good luck!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joren W

ont
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Old vs New”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

It could be that I am use to the old "Gretzky Centre"...But When I walked into this new version I was blown away..

WOW - From the awesome statue out front (Which is a great idea) to the lobby, rinks etc...

My Sons swim here and I can honestly say that this is a pleasure to have access to in our town!

5 Stars all the way!

Visited June 2014
Kimberley, ON
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Prepared to be WOWED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We are a family of 4 who live in small town Ontario in the heart of the Beaver Valley. Our children, who are dedicated hockey players, play out of a hockey rink with a community who rallies to support minor hockey. We visited the facility this past weekend for a girls hockey tournament. We are proud of our rink at home but, what a privilege to see this facility! When I first pulled up I was astounded at the grand entrance with statues of the 'great-one.' I also quite enjoyed seeing the dedicated parking spot for Walter Gretzky. The facility is multi-use. There are four ice pads, a swimming pool, fitness area, a bar, and a food concession. The rinks were amazing and I really enjoyed the climate control....got to wear flip flops to watch my daughter play hockey and was not freezing. What a beautiful facility and one that truly epitomizes the style of number 99.

Visited May 2014
Brantford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great accessibility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've been to the Gretzky centre many times. Since they have completed the pool renovations, I have to say I am most impressed with the improvements to accessibility. They are now serving EVERY aspect of Brantford!

Visited February 2014
Southern Ontario
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Almost great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The new swimming pools and ice rinks are fabulous but the change rooms for the swimming areas are still being renovated and what they have now does not accommodate the volumes of people using the facility. In addition the new change rooms which are all that are open at this time do not have sufficient benches for people when changing. It appears that the designer did not take into account elderly patrons using the facility. Once the old rooms are re-opened hopefully this overcrowding will ease up but in the mean time you must be prepared when you participate in some of the activities such as water aerobics that the crowds will make it uncomfortable for changing and showering before and after which leads one to wonder about the hygienic conditions in the pools. This could easily be a world class facility worthy of the city and the namesake but it needs to be caught up and fixed a bit. Also staffing and scheduling need to be looked at to ensure enough staff are available to monitor who goes where (young men have been reported in the women's change rooms) and life guards are not always available to support full use of the pools during all open hours which adds to crowded conditions at other times.

Visited September 2013