“Great time at this quaint zoo”

Brantford Twin Valley Zoo
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in Brantford
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This small family owned and operated zoo is very friendly clean and relaxing. I met the son and he was very nice. My grand kids enjoyed 7 hours and I had a relaxing time. Lots of sitting areas shade trees and animal show. Plenty of picnic tables to relax while the children feed animals. It was a great day.

1  Thank abba2014

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We took the grandchildren age range from 6 months to 10 years on a hot summer day. Bought tickets on a discount website so it was good value for money. Parking is free. Entering through the small gift store the children enjoyed feeding the goats with the bags of food you can purchase at the gift store for a $1 a bag.

Pathways are easy to walk all around the Zoo. Many picnic tables either in the shade or with overhead covers. Also small toddler playground with sand under the shady trees which was a great 'rest stop' for the adults . Plenty of animals to see. Loved seeing the wolves running around in a pack in a large field like pen. The chilren enjoyed throwing food pellets bought at the store to the brown bears and they gave us a good view of them by sitting in front of us whilst eating the food pellets. We saw monkeys, eagles, zebra, bears, wolves,camel, kangaroos,Cayman [alligators]deer, macaws,snakes,lions,tiger,bobcat and of course the bears. Also saw bald eagles, fox and alpacas.

You can buy snacks [drinks and chips] in the gift store but take a picnic if you plan to be there for a while and take either a buggy or wagon to haul the stuff around.

4  Thank prevfromPurley
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was expecting some small animals: some imported, some local wild ones. I thought our two year old would love the reptile exhibit. We ended up going to this zoo because we thought spending more at the lion safari on a rainy day would not be worth it. We were enjoying the smaller animals, including monkeys, etc. Then, I saw a play area that looked like fun-so we took our daughter to it. All I could smell was cat pee.... We walked to the deer, and then kept going-only to see right next to and overlooking the deer was a cage with a mountain lion in it. When we approached the cage, the lion looked very sleepy but when he/she saw us, started to growl and roar. The level of agitation for that mountain lion was clearly very high. As we walked through that whole area of large cats, I felt quite frightened. Two siberian tigers were enclosed in a fairly small cage, and the one tiger growled at us as we passed. The cages did not look like they would hold up such large animals if they really tried. (Old wooden posts with wire fencing?) The scariest of everything was the short fence that was supposed to enclose a black bear...I highly doubt that a fence (even with electric wire) could possibly contain a black bear if he was so inclined to escape from it. I thought that the reptile exhibit was educational, except for the tiny box that the python was encased in. I really questioned everything once we hit those large animals and just wanted to get the heck outta there for the safety of our child. Also, while some hand sanitizers were made available throughout, there was nothing there to educate people of the potential for e coli and salmonella....to name a few. Especially when they were encouraging people and young children to touch the tortoise and other reptiles. It would have been much more enjoyable with just some smaller animals that had lots of room to live in. Shame on myself for not reviewing the website before going.

7  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Thanks Twin Valley. We took our three little girls there today and it was a perfect day trip. Just enough animals and because it's not over crowded the kids get to get up close and watch the animals.

1  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was there a few times last season with my family and we all loved it

nice walking areas staff very friendly,

Heading back this season a few times

Angus Mc Kay