“Excellent Service and meal”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Brantford
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Brantford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 269 Restaurants in Brantford
Price range: US$30 - US$76
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very nice restaurant, has a high end feel to it, but you don't have to be dressed up to go there. The employees were dressed classy (black dresses for the ladies, nice top/pants for the guys).
Our meal was fantastic, the shrimp cocktail had very large shrimp, and our steaks were cooked perfectly and a good size. I'm extremely fussy about my steak so that is a huge deal for me.
What prompted the review however was the exceptional treatment we received when the staff realized our salads had not been delivered before the main course. We didn't even have to say a thing. Before we new it the head chef came out to apologize and offered us not only the salad but then a desert for after the meal. We didn't want the salad at that point (it was very large so they don't skimp on the salad portions!), but did accept the desert. Then shortly afterwards the manager came over to apologize. Not only did they not charge us for the salads (of course), they also did not charge us for the deserts.
Top notch classy folks working here. It's hard to find this kind of great service and great follow through coupled with really food, so I would for sure return again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Fiancé had all her friends get together at the Keg. I got invited as the token male. They are all pretty picky eaters so I was curious to see if they would all enjoy their salads and pasta dishes. I loved my steak, great expanation by our waitress as to how I wanted my steak done. First Keg I've ever been to, hope they are all like this.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Enjoyed a great meal with friends last saturday night. Everyone was pleased with the way the steaks and prime rib were cooked. Our waitress was Tracy and was very good at insuring everything was to our liking. Been to other Keg Restaurants but Brantford is the best so far. Keep up the great Job

1  Thank kitchenercouple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Well, I don't think I have ever given such high praise for a restaurant in Brantford but the Keg deserves it on this occasion.Took out of town visitors for a small birthday celebration and was made to really enjoy the whole experience. My little 2 year old granddaughter was offered, and given, a small fruit plate at no charge which was just right for her.
I read the menu and decided to test if they could deliver a steak cooked as ordered and they passed with flying colors, I had asked for a medium well done and it arrived exactly as the menu described that it should and all the 5 meals arrived together cooked too perfection.
This is my first visit back to this Keg in quite some time but I do not intend to leave it so long before I return again. Well done and thank you very much.

3  Thank skybluekid1
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is one of the staple restaurants in Brantford and because of that, it's always busy. If you've ever been to a Keg before, this is no different. Steaks are usually a safe bet, as are most of the apps. They have a seasonal, rotating menu so even if you go back alot, there's usually something new to try. A large selection of wines, liquors and beers on tap. Their casesars are always delicious as well. Nothing new here...tried and true steak house. Service has always been good when I've been there, but like anywhere else, it can be touch and go.
Stick to the basics... order a steak and some wine and you won't go wrong.
Great patio in the summer.