“Outstanding!”
Review of Trattoria Giuliana

Trattoria Giuliana
Ranked #165 of 265 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brantford, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

If you are looking for a delicious homemade Italian meal, this is the place! We were promptly greeted at the door by a smiling server and quickly had our drink and appetizer order taken. The waitress was very friendly and offered her advice about the menu. we had the garlic cheese bread as well as the wonderful homemade turkey soup. The food arrived piping hot and delicious. Our waitress was always there to refill our water and to check how we were doing. Our main course was outstanding and presented in an eye pleasing way. The pasta and sauce were delicious! We were too full for dessert but we will be back next weekend and hope to try the dessert then!
Highly recommend this restaurant for a relaxing, enjoying, delicious dinner!

• Visited June 2012

Burlington, Canada
“Awful”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Slowwwwwww service. Cheap food that tries to pass for authentic Italian. Waiter was boring and not warm at all. Took forever to get ice for drinks. Served the SAME coffee pot to two of us, one who ordered regular and one DECAF. Whole entree tasted like it was simmered in salt water and vinegar. Will never go back here. Do not waste your money OR your time. We were there for two hours and there was only two other tables of two in the entire room.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Gburl78
Brantford Ontario
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Enjoyed everything the evening was perfect
Dinner was hot and delicious something for everyone to eat
Service was good and prompt
A hidden gem
Always very welcomed feeling from when you entered the door to dessert
Loved the whole experience
Will be back again and again
Jayne and Charly

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Dawson064
“Good food, waited much too long for service!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We went to Trattoria Giuliana even though we read other reviews about service being very slow. Food was really good, tasted good, and nice portion sizes for the value. But, and there's a big but...service was utterly unorganized. Unfortunately we arrived (with a reservation) after a large group of 12 people. The 2 servers took 10-15 minutes to even approach our table at which time they would only take our drink orders. 15 minutes later they brought out bread, 10 minutes after this they actually brought out a plate of penne with tomato sauce for my 4 yr old daughter because they knew the wait would be long. And this is all still before they took our orders. We waited 45 minutes before they even came over to take our dinner orders.
We did not order apps or dessert because we didn't want to wait any longer. When our food came, it was piping hot to the point of scalding, but it was tasty. Once again service was completely unorganized, they offered to hold our baby who was getting restless, but did not bother to refill water glasses. I don't think we'll ever return, although we did get to enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day. Such a shame that good food was ruined by incredibly long service.

2 Thank abartolescott
Brantford, Canada
“AVERAGE ITALIAN FOOD THATS NOT WORTH THE WAIT!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

my girlfriend and I thought we would give Guilianas a try after new owners took over..after a 30 min wait we were asked if we would care for a beverage,15 min later we recieved our litre of wine...then another 15 min we had a basket of cold chewy rolls brought to our table,then we kept seeing the 1 waitress for the whole place going table to table but not ours to take our order...finally 45 min later and a basket of bread and our wine finished she took our order...we waited 30 min and still no food so we stepped outside for fresh air as there was no air conditioning inside and it was hot!...after 45 min or so we did get our pastas piping hot...I did hear a couple next to us beeing told about daily specials....we were not told about any specials when ordering,also the waitress could not even answer if the gnocci came with meat sauce or tomato sauce ( learn the menu) as we were eating we overheard a table of 8 were going to the variety store next door for ice cream as they did not have an hour to wait for their desert in this place. as I was eating my food I was trying to get the attention of the waitress for a water refill and finally I did,she brought me warm water with no ice...at this point I just said thank you..I really just wanted to get out of there...so we finished and I went to the counter to ask for my bill so I could go.

I would not recomend this place to anyone like I used to when Tony and Alfredo owned it!

what this place really needs is a restaurant makeover and Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen.

Visited July 2011