“Another amazing meal!”
Review of Trattoria Giuliana

Trattoria Giuliana
Ranked #164 of 265 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Hamilton, Ontario
“Another amazing meal!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Lucky me. My son asked to take me out for Mother's Day, my choice! It could be no other than Trattoria Giuliana in Brantford.
As always, Marilyn and her staff did all they could to make us feel like family. It should be mentioned, that if you are in a hurry, this is not the place to go. They prepare each meal from scratch, which is obvious when it arrives at your table. So anyone that is complaining about how long it takes, you had better investigate the reason why. I always plan on spending at least 3 hours here, and no one has ever been rushing me out. It is quite an exception when you think about it, they want you to enjoy your meal and the company you are with, like we did in the "old" days. Gotta love it!
My son had never been here, but is a pasta expert, as he is another one of my hockey players and is still involved with the game. Both of our meals were as expected, nothing but exceptional. The server, was attentive without being interfering. He had the Calabrese salad, then Chicken Parm for his entre. The plate was more than full. Me, I had my usual.... Stratchetella (sp) soup and Linguine Pescatore! YUM!
My husband and I love this place, and when Marilyn found out that he was at home, sent me home with an antipasto plate. This is so like the awesome Italian family that I lived next to at one point. Always sharing and making sure that you are fed! He says thanks Marilyn! (and loved it)
Giuliana's is a hidden jewel for those that are looking for a restaurant with great food, awesome staff and a place to feel like you are home. And....the prices cannot be beat!

• Visited May 2014

Brantford, Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Teamwork!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The site is very difficult! Anyways! Me and my husband came in 2 or 3 weeks ago because we had a gift card for 50$,as were starting a food critics blog! We had 2 amazing waitresses, the first one took our coats and sat us, the second braugh us drinks! Then both greated us with hello and there names aswell as the special for the night. They said they tagteam everythinf witch i loved because i think the best thing a job can teach someone is to work well together and tag team!! Abby was so friendly and smiley! Lexy was funny and also very smiley!! I will deffinitly be back! And have been back sence the begining of the month! I love it.

1 Thank mamanoodles222
St. George, Canada
“not a flipping clue”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

All wag jag patrons are announced at the door for all to hear, in the middle of the week.

"do you have a reservation.......?

" i am sorry, we only take reservations as the meals are home made by the owner / chef. "

salads were half size,
a coffee was half a cup and a refill is additional charge.

the real problem.........
the owner /chef has no idea what the front end wait staff are spewing out of their yaps to customers.

you get a bad taste the minute you walk in the door.

this is amateur hour at it's finest.

-10

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank lkiessling
Cambridge, Canada
“Good Food, worst Service EVER...”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had heard the service was bad, but didn't expect this. Started out by asking waitress recommendations- the other waitress ran away laughing through the door, ours said "the bread". The other waitress returned and told us that the three sisters (one meat and one cheese cannelloni) was good, whereas our waitress said the owner told them NOT to tell customers, because takes too long- true we waited almost an our for our food to come. BTW, the three sisters was the special that night, lol, supposed to come with a Caesar salad- which they forgot to bring. We were also by the bar and to listen to tweedle dee and tweedle dum all night, wishing we would leave so they could go home. Oh wait, still hadn't got our food. On top of this- cold coffee, no wine glasses with the 1/2 liter of wine, no glass with beer bottle, ohh and to top it off, as we were about to pay they don't have debit or credit- so we had to go get cash from ATM, with surcharges.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Cdouglas10
Waterloo, Canada
“Great food.. Horrible service. Zero atmosphere.”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We went for dinner on a Saturday night and the place was practically empty. We ordered appetizers and salad-- they forgot to bring the salads before the main courses arrived. They were apologetic and offered dessert instead in lieu of salads. The chef/ owner also came out to apologize. The place was cold, had no style or atmosphere.. Not even napkins on the table. We ordered wine and waited 10 min. to get it, and then had to ask for wine glasses!! The 2 wait staff were obviously new and inexperienced. The Food tasted good luckily although I had asked for my dish minus anchovies and I could taste the anchovies.. Not sure if they tried to remove them! I then asked for cappuccino after dinner.. They didn't have them, which is not impressive for an Italian restaurant; we ordered reg coffee instead, which was lukewarm, bitter and had grinds floating in it.. Had to ask them to make a fresh batch. They only had cheesecake on the dessert menu.. Again, not typically Italian. And to top it off, their debit/ credit machine was broken so they only took cash and didn't alert us til then, but told us there was an ATM next door. Needless to say the ATM fee was taken from their tip. This place could be better.

• Visited December 2013