“Will return again!”

Creekside B&B and Guest Suite
Ranked #2 of 6 Burlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Travelled with two very young children to visit family. Steve & Lin were more than accommodating & welcoming. Lin had a crib set up for us (without us confirming the need) - it was a welcome sight! Breakfasts were hearty, yummy, & company was enjoyable (thank-you Lin for giving our G "baby cuddles" so we could eat mostly hands-free & having toddler-friendly place settings for our D!) As we have two young kids (infant & toddler), we appreciated the kitchenette, living space, & two bedrooms. Space cleaned daily. I'm certain we could have asked Lin & Steve for anything and they would have been more than accommodating. We will absolutely be back!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Steve and Lin were very welcoming, knowledgeable and accommodating. Their property was beautiful, easy to find and close to everything like shopping, dining and touring around. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone looking for kindness and hospitality. The beds were comfortable and the house was clean and extremely well kept. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Steve and Lin were excellent hosts and we are happy we had an experience with them bed and breakfast .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We spent 4 nights at this delightful B&B whilst visiting relatives in Dundas. We were staying in the 2 bedroom suite in the basement and it worked really well. The beds were super comfortable and the kitchen and sitting room area were a godsend.

Lin and Steve were wonderful hosts who cooked delicious breakfasts at the time that suited us and were happy to help with any questions we had. I do understand the review before about 'requests' but we felt that the requests were totally reasonable and ensured the house remained clean and comfortable for future guests. The main reason the house is so welcoming is because it is kept in a very good condition.

If you are heading to this area and would like a place to stay, I cannot recommend Creekside enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at Creekside in May this year, for about 10 days, and we couldn't have been more comfortable or better looked-after. Steve and Lin were friendly and welcoming from the very start and most helpful throughout our stay, readily and patiently giving us local info. and advice about getting around. Our room was spotless and comfortable and the breakfasts bespoke and delicious, with a huge range of tasty treats to start the day! The location was easy and convenient for us and all-in-all it felt like a "home away from home".
We can't quite identify with a previous review on this site concerning locks on bedroom doors and security - we took our cash and valuables out with us (as you would staying anywhere, even a smart hotel) but I am certain if we'd asked Lin she would have kept stuff secreted away and safe for us. Also, taking off outdoor-shoes in the house is a Canadian thing (I know, I used to live there and it's a habit to do with the snowy Canadian winters) so, "when in Rome" etc.
We would, without question, stay with Steve and Lin again and would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here with friends as we were all going to a wedding. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome. The rooms are very comfortable with kettle, tea and , hairdryer and towels provided. Breakfast was the highlight of the day with plates of fresh fruit, chopped peaches, pineapple,grapes etc. Yogurts, fruit juice, fresh coffee (although I did bring my own as I prefer Bewleys coffee) . There was always a selection of hot fruit, bacon, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, sausages, and I could go on! This really is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. My friends had the basement with a kitchen and sitting room which led out to the pool. It was perfect for a group of friends and we enjoyed sitting out there with our glass of wine . Also there is a hot tub which was nice to jump into late in the evening . Lin and Steve are amazing and make you feel very welcome and even made me poached eggs on request! What can I say, much better than most hotels I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I and our two boys stayed at Creekside B&B (in the family suite) for a month while we were in-between homes, moving in Burlington.
The suite was absolutely perfect for our needs. The space was great with a kitchenette, living room, bathroom and two bedrooms. The back door opens directly into the back yard and although it was the wrong time of year for us to take full advantage of the outside facilities, we did enjoy the awesome hot tub.
Steve and Lin are very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The house is really nice, and super clean. Breakfasts were delicious.
What we thought was going to be a difficult "homeless" month turned out to be a good time. We actually felt right at home.
Would highly recommend a stay at Creekside.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The positives was that Steven and LIn were very nice and willing to help with directions and things to do. The pool and hot tub were also really nice. They also made breakfast at a time that was convenient for the guest rather then giving a time.

The big negative for us was that the bedroom doors do not lock. I felt extremely uncomfortable leaving my cash in an unlocked room with other guests in the B & B. I think it would only be proper letting someone know this ahead of time. Their was not safe instead or some other alternative to security. The other con is I never quite felt like it was a place I could comfortable in. The second we arrived we were given a list of things not to do. Such as Chlorinated water getting on the rug, no glass by the pool, take your shoes off when you enter.... and so forth.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mollymye
Creekside_BandB, Owner at Creekside B&B and Guest Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

We are really disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Creekside. We work very hard to make our guests feel welcome, and we can only apologize if we did not make you feel that way.

I do remember your concern regarding your bedroom door having no lock and, as we take all our reviews to heart, we have decided to place individual locks on all our bedroom doors. We are sorry that you did not feel safe here, but please note that Canada is one of the safest countries in the world, and the Burlington/Halton region has the lowest crime rate in the country.

We only have a couple of "requests " for our guests. Removing your shoes as you enter our home is one of them, and is customary in Canada. We do ask our guests to respect our customs while staying with us. It is probably different to what you have been used to, but this is a residential home as opposed to a hotel or guest house.

Broken glass in the pool or on the pool deck is a health and safety concern. It is almost impossible to see glass once it has fallen in the pool (as we have found out to our detriment). It could not only cause harm to the pool liner, but could also cause bathers to sustain nasty cuts to the feet. I don't think you will find many pool owners around who do permit glass by their pools.

Drying off before you go back inside the house is also a health and safety concern. Wet slippery tiles in the hallway can cause accidents, and we do not want our guests to fall and hurt themselves. As you mentioned the chlorine will damage the carpets, as it is a bleach. We'd like to be able to keep our home nice for future guests as well as yourselves.

You will see from all our previous reviews that the majority of our guests feel like they have come home when they visit us. We are very relaxed with our guests, and have no "rules" just a couple of requests. We like to say that you arrive as guests, but leave as friends.

I'm just sorry that your first stay at a B&B was not a positive one for you.

Thank you for your review....we appreciate your input.

Lin and Steve