“I've stayed in worse”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Akron, OH
“I've stayed in worse”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I walked in late at night, was very tired and irritated after driving around in circles and not finding the campground I wanted. The Holiday Inn Express next door looked full, so I tried this place. The lady at the desk (who was very nice) said they only had smoking rooms left, and she tried to discourage me because I guess she could tell I am not a smoker. It really did reek, but I just didn't care. It was only 59.99 and I believed her when she said all the hotels in the area were full. The bathroom was surprisingly clean and I had a nice shower in the morning. There was free soap and a hair dryer was provided but it didn't seem to get hot enough and I gave up on it. Since I had my sleeping bag and pillow in the car, I used my own rather than what was in the hotel because I did not want to be wrapped up in smoky bedding all night. The couch and the upholstered chair looked disgusting and I did not sit on them. The TV was huge and worked fine. I ran the air conditioner, which you cannot set to your preference, but actually the temperature was OK. I checked for bugs in the room and didn't see any. There was a fridge and a microwave, but I did not use them. There was no coffeepot or free coffee in the office, to my knowledge. My biggest complaint, other than the smoke smell, was that it was really dim in the room at night. There was a small lamp by the bed and one overhead light that had low-watt bulbs in it. It felt very gloomy. I couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

Room Tip: It is three stories and I don't think there is an elevator, so stay on the first floor if steps...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
hamilton
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I called to see how much rooms were and the lady said 59.99 + tax so I thanked her and drove over to the motel. I arrived within 10 minutes of calling but was told my room was going to be 80 dollars because they sold out of the other rooms (hard to believe as there was only 2 cars in the parking lot) I left and went to motel 6 where I paid 85 dollars but had a clean, modern room and much more friendly staff than at this place. I can't write about the rooms but from what I saw of the lobby/office and parking lot I didn't miss much. Go to motel 6 just on the other side of the highway at least it's a franchise and you won't have to worry about someone trying to rip you off for an extra 15-20 bucks.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank user_id_denied

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for almost six months. I enjoyed my stay their and the staff was very friendly. Because I stayed long-term they were only obligated to clean my room once a week, but they still cleaned my room almost everyday. When I'm back up their I will stay again.

Chris

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My fiance and I have stayed here 3 separate times in 3 different rooms. We found that room 27 had a ridiculously hard bed but nothing wrong beyond that, very comfortable couch and chairs, ideal for when he wants to stay up and watch TV and I want to sleep. Room 12 Had a fantastic King size bed although no couches which was unfortunate, although it did have a fairly comfortable chair. Our most recent room was room 26. Comfortable Queen size bed, couch and plenty of chairs to choose from. All in all we Love the rooms. Their open, clean, and over all well maintained. The best part of having a room with a Queen bed is that you do have that feeling of having a separate living room. ( Also the couches are pull out beds which is fantastic if its more than just a single person or a couple staying.) The one real complaint that I have is that their is no shampoo for morning showers but its not hard to find somewhere to buy a travel bottle to bring some on weekend trips. We have found the weekend staff to be incredible, they are willing to help in anyway they can and know the location well which makes directions impeccable. This is by far the best Inn/Motel that we have found for those of us who cant spend 100+ a night for an actual Hotel. ( the best part above all though is that we don't have to book 3 weeks in advance for a room as we would have to at Motel 6 where their extra business fills every room within no time. *Cough, Hookers Cough* )

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 27 unless you like terribly hard beds. Rooms closer to office have better WIF...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed at the motel for two nights and it was a huge disappointment in all aspects. The water pressure is weak, the Wi-Fi is hit and miss, and there is no shampoo in the shower. The room seemed clean when I first got there but I started noticing stains, hair and dirty pillow covers.

If you can find someone at the front desk, when they eventually do respond, they were quite likely the rudest people I've encountered and have no interest in fixing anything. Be prepared for them to shuffle you off to another room to solve the problem, and if you're a non-smoker like myself, they will probably offer you a smoking room.

Go spend an extra $15 a night and stay anywhere else!!

Room Tip: Motel 8 on North Service Road in Burlington. An extra $10 a night but worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven D
Reviewed 9 May 2014

When I first walked in I was happy with the room. Then the Wi-Fi was so weak it could barely load a page, the sheets weren't clean, there was someone else's hair on my pillow and the radiator rattled all night. There's no complimentary water (usually a hotel staple) and no shampoo for a morning shower. Can't say I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014
cbviburlington, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn-Burlington/Hamilton, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello thank you for providing us feedback on your visit. However I am not sure that you stayed at our location because we don't have radiators in our rooms. We use baseboard heating. Please call our hotel and tell us what night you stayed here. This way we can look into this matter. Just for your knowledge: Our sheets are laundered and ironed to the highest standard by a linen service company. The wifi we provide is the highest bandwidth possible by Cogeco Cable.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed for a little more than a week as we were working our way through Southern Ontario. This was without a doubt the best hotel in which we have found ourselves in the month we've been out here. I can't speak to all of them, but my room was spacious and well maintained. The cleaning staff are thorough and the managers were always very pleasant to talk to. Location wise it was rather convenient for our purposes as it is right beside the highway.

Overall, I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
cbviburlington, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn-Burlington/Hamilton, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words. Its really nice to know that our hard work is getting noticed. We hope you enjoyed your trip and see you again soon.