“Great spot when traveling on business”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Clean hotel, good size room, polite and helpful staff, internet that works well, these are the type of things I expect when I travel on business and the Holiday Inn Burlington delivered all of those. Very well located near some good restaurants around. I will go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel seems like it has been partially renovated, but they haven't completed it. The rooms are decent, but the bathrooms are old and in need of a refresh. Their "King Suite" isn't a suite at all - it's a regular hotel room with a King size bed, the worst kind of false advertising, I needed a suite for a caucus/breakout room during a round of negotiations. We made it work, but it was cramped and not at all what was advertised.

The lobby seems again, half done, just walk into the gift shop and look around, looks like they quit right there. The staff is decent and the location convenient, but at those rates, it should be a lot better. I was on the executive/key card access floor and was awoken by a drunken idiot and the police arresting him at 130 am and the back half of my stay was consumed with hundreds of hockey kids staying in the hotel, playing in the halls for a tournament in town. Not a business hotel at all. Cannot recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a "suite" it's no suite, just a room with a king size bed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I would like to thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday inn Burlington. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in your King Executive Room. Our guests comments are very important to us and we would have liked to make your stay a better one while you were at the hotel. I am sorry that you believed you were staying in a King Suite as we do not have any King Suites at this hotel, what you may have booked was a King Executive room on our private access floor. I do apologized that you were disturbed by a loud guest and by teams during your stay with us as we do have extra night staff on to keep our teams quiet. We thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve our guests service and helps us to know what our guests are saying about us. We do hope that you will stay with us again as these incidents are not our norm at our hotel.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed for four days for a conference and it was right next to the conference centre. Very convenient. Close to major highway and area restaurants. Tiny bar! We only had breakfast, so I do not have idea what the hotel restaurant is like.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Stuart71 for your wonderful review regarding your stay at our hotel. We thank you for writing your review and we will be sure to let all our staff know that they did a great job.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Been staying here for the last week with work.
A friendlier group of staff I think I'm every yet to meet. Lovely, can do people.
Food supplied for our training event has been top class and plentiful. Technicals were seamless, which is a dream to a travelling presenter!
Not what I expected for a Holiday Inn, I have to admit, tons better!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your conference at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

One word: Spiders. In my bed. On the walls. Pretty sure I woke up with spider bites from the ones I didn't kill before I went to bed.

This is not the only bad thing about this terrible hotel. Tiny bed - not even Queen size width, and it was the only bed in the room. No free coffee in the lobby - what kind of lower-end hotel doesn't even offer coffee, much less a free breakfast? Except that the rates they charge (over $140/night) isn't low-end hotel pricing. Bad value for a bad property.

Unless you absolutely need to be in this location, don't stay here - you can find much better nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CharlieWilmette
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you Charlie Wilmette for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have verified your room with a queen size bed, which was on our first floor with patio door access to outside. As the temperature has been warm perhaps the patio door was open and some outdoor insects could have come into the room such as mosqitos, spiders or flys. I am sorry that you feel that you had some spiders in your room as housekeeping does clean the room daily they would have reported any excess of spiders to our Executive housekeeper.

It is important to us that our guests have a wonderful stay when they are here and I am sorry that you did not bring this to our attention will you here so that we would be able to look into the matter right away. As a Holiday Inn we are a mid scale hotel and not a low rated hotel which offer free coffee however we do offer free coffee cards to our IHG rewards members. It is free to sign up and is available to any guest.

Again I am sorry you feel that your stay was not satisfactory and do wish you had told us before you left so that we could have made things right for you. I do hope you will give us another chance to see that our hotel is a good palce to stay.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

No one likes to be away from home for work but I have to say that the staff at this hotel makes business travel a pleasure.

I have stayed at this property over 25 times in the last year and I love it!

The front desk staff (especially Kim and Dawn) are always gracious, friendly and welcoming and they often "sweeten" your welcome with a fresh baked cookie.

The rooms are clean and updated and the workout facilities are excellent.

I also really appreciate it when they try to accommodate me in my favourite room.

Overall, this hotel makes my life a lot easier when I have to be away from home.

Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were here for one night while attending a funeral. Was a bit concerned when pulling up and seeing the construction, however we didn't experience any inconveniences from it. They gave us 2 free drink coupons to use at their welcome reception. The room was clean and fresh. Given a choice of 2 pillows . . . firm or soft. Restaurant on site but didn't use $$. No free continental breakfast here folks. Our only complaint was housekeeping trying to get into the room at 7:50 AM . . . . "sorry" . . . then knocking at the door again an hour later . . . again "sorry" . . . A word of advice . . . be sure to hang out your "DO Not Disturb" sign!

Room Tip: They offer two types of rooms . . . we stayed on the first floor which had a sliding patio door to s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family