“Friendly staff but investment needed. ”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The staff for the most part were really helpful and redeem this hotel. So, I'll start with the lifts the 5th and 6th floors are card access, the one on the left goes directly to the 6th floor (which I stayed on) without needing a card swipe, the one on the left needed a card swipe and always stopped at the 5th floor before the 6th, it's been this way for over a year now! The rest of the hotel amenities pretty much match up to this standard.
The restaurant is a no go! Loads of restaurants just over the road so wonder over, or if you don't believe me try the wings before you go!
The pool is good but busy some nights and there is no schedule to give you the heads up. The gym is fine also. They host an event on Wednesdays where you get two free drinks, I didn't go but still good to see it.
In summary, the friendly staff redeem this hotel, it needs major investment, I might stay again but if the was a crowne plaza in Burlington, this hotel would be empty I would think.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear scottalfred,

Thank you for posting a candid review. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your business travels and for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. This is a huge motivation for us to continue providing the best customer service and for focusing improvements as well. We are very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced with our on-site restaurant and elevators. We will address these points and hope when you return, you will see the improvements made.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to serving you again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I use Holiday Inns because you now what you get, i have stayed at many of these hotels all over the world, and they are very consistent in the whole package I really can t say I have been in a bad one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

My room was on the 2nd floor near the front doors to the hotel. People go outside and smoke right near the entrance, so I could hear people talking out there all night long. Running the fan in the AC unit drowned out this noise on the subsequent nights.

The restaurant is quite the rip off. The buffet will cost between $30 and $42 for 2 people, and it's nothing extravagant at all.

The tv in the room is a nice flatscreen but there's no HD channels. For $150 a night hotel, things should be a bit better.

To top things off, they charged me for making local phone calls with the room phone though I could not find this poilcy written anywhere. I complained and they removed these charges after the front desk lady gave me a big of a scolding.

I'll try another hotel on my next visit to Burlington.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BurlingtonManager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Burlington. I am sorry to hear that the noise outside your room was disturbring you as we would have offered to move your room to make it better for you. I am happy to hear that front desk was able to assist you with your local phone calls. I appreciate your comments and will review them with our staff. I do hope that you will stay with us again should you have the opportunity to return to Burlington.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for a soccer tournament for one night in May. Very nice staff. Accommodations were clean and functional. Pool area and lounge were nice and big. No breakfast included but restaurant on site was convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Nothing outstanding at all other than it was a good location for what we had to do in the area.
Breakfast was not included with the room price so we did a Tim Hortons breakfast. Limited amenities for guest compared to Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre. I am glad your enjoyed your stay however you were dissapointed that breakfast was not included. As we are a Holiday Inn, breakfast is not included however you can book a rate which does include breakfast and is a great deal. IHG has many various brands and as we are a full service hotel, breakfast is not included unlike limited service hotels who do include breakfast. I do hope that you will stay with us again and perhaps look into booking our rate with breakfast.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

hotel is normal, in line with holiday inn. Plus is the internal courtyard which is nice to see.
TERRIBLE the breakfast at Alloro. 2 mornings on 2 I had to wait more than 7 min. to be seated and after that I was told there were no table available. In reality there were, just had to be cleaned. personnel in Alloro showed total lack of customer care. In the morning, a business hotel should be able to accommodate customers for breakfast quite fast.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I wish to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our restaurant. You are coreect in stating that we should be able to accomodate our guests in the morning for breakfast and not having them wait that long to be seated and as I spoke with you that morning and I have given them the information needed to improve there service. Once again thank you for bringing this to my attention and do hope that you will stay with us again to see that we can make changes to improve our service in the restaurant.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Our group visited the Holiday Inn back in January for a team function. The hotel staff was very nice. Back in 2009 we had the same positive experience. In 2009 we had the pleasure of meeting the evening manager Tony D. Incredibily professional with a great attitude. He really made us feel welcome. One of the big reasons we came back in 2014.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your nice review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that a previously good experience brought you back and do hope that you will be back again. It is our business to make our guests happy and I am glad we made your stay a happy one.