“business trip in southern Ontario”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I chose this hotel for its excellent Review score on Booking.com and its location on HW403 (Queen Elizabeth Way).
This hotel is a great value for the money ($90 total). The Room size, layout and cleanness was excellent. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. Breakfast’s coffee was cheap and tasteless.
The only poor thing about this hotel was the coffee. It is crucial for me to start up with a good cup of coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank khaledsd
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear valued guest;

The Admiral Inn Burlington would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback. We are No.1 on booking.com due to guests as yourself. We apologize on the taste of the coffee and will look into it.

There are newer reviews for Admiral Inn Burlington

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel as a getaway night from our kids. I personally called the hotel to book a room as I wanted a suite with a Jacuzzi. We were booked into the Admiral Suite which I believe is the best room in the hotel, and we were even given a bit of a price break due to it being winter. We arrived, checked into the hotel, and that's when our problems began. The first thing is the light switches in the front hallway didn't work, and most of the lamps were not plugged in. I finally felt my way to the bathroom and turned on the light and eventually we plugged in all the lamps. It was also FREEZING! It was probably about -15 outside, so you would think the heat in the room would have been left on low even knowing someone was checking in. So I checked everything out, was pleased with the cleanliness, décor was updated, and instead of carpet, it has laminate or hardwood flooring. The Jacuzzi tub was big and inviting and the shower has multiple jets and a steam option. Everything was fine until about 7pm when the noise started. A bunch of children, around 8-10 years old running and screaming up and down the halls, and banging into our door. We called the front desk and she assured that she would talk to them. Fine. Went out to get dinner came back and within 10 minutes of being in our room, same thing, about 9;30 at night, up and down the hall, banging and screaming. I called the front desk, she said she'd talk to them and the parents again. Fine. So I thought I'd use the Jacuzzi. Or should I call it a big tub for two with tiny bubbles...extremely disappointed. Ok, so my husband had shower, and once he figured out how to use the jets so it wouldn't blast him in unmentionable areas, he thought he'd try the steam shower. Didn't work. So again kids running up and down the halls. Almost 10:30 at this time. I called the front desk again, and she said, well I can't see them from where I'm standing (the front desk looks up into some windows in front of our room) and I said they are banging into my door as I'm on the phone, and she was saying well I can not see them. Yeah, so thanks for telling the customer they are lying. That's great customer service......Finally the kids parents decided to make them go to sleep so it was quiet.
Next morning, had breakfast downstairs, it was ok, would have been nice to have bacon replenished as there wasn't any when I got there, and none the entire 30 minutes we were eating. Upon checkout I told the clerk who was different from the night before that possibly in the future when they book their best room for double the price of the other rooms in the hotel they would be smart to not put a team of young children in the rooms in the same hall. Hotel was at probably 25% capacity and there were two floors and probably only about 10 other guests that we could see in the hotel at the same time. I also mentioned the remarks of the clerk the evening before, and she said she was sorry that I was treated that way.
I sent an email to the General Manager of the hotel before I even had left the hotel that morning, and received an email back the next business day advising that she would like to give us a complimentary stay. I told her I would never stay at their hotel again, and would appreciate a refund. I was given a refund of 1/2 the price of our room, and am sort of satisfied with this, but would not and will not be recommending this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lily2023
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Ms. Susan;

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review on Trip Advisor - however, I am a bit confused as I believe that we have rectified the issues last week though e-mail.

The Admiral Inn Burlington would first like to apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced and our true goal is to ensure each and every guest receives the proper guest satisfaction possible.

The suggestions on the guestroom will be rectified and fixed. Sometimes, hotels are not aware of any issues until the guest points them out and we thank you for this.

Also, sometimes teams do get out of hand and each and every hotel experiences this as well. We all do our best to keep the noise down and ensure safety is looked after.

A complimentary night was offered to you and was not accepted. The hotel did refund 1/2 price of the room as requested.

We hope that in the future, you will reconsider the Admiral Inn Burlington and give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

With a son and grandchildren in Burlington, we often drive down from North Bay to visit. We now stay at the Admiral as often as possible. Although this is an older hotel, the rooms are updated, the appointments are pleasing, the housekeeping is always well done, and the beds are very comfortable. It is so nice to be greeted by friendly staff who seem to comprehend that everyone is involved in customer service. One of the greatest enjoyments for us is the hot breakfast served each morning, included in the very reasonable room rates. We have stayed at other costlier inns in the Burlington/Oakville area, but we are now sold on the Admiral!

Room Tip: Lower floor avoids the stairs. If you like to sprawl, go for the kingsized bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda E
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Linda;

Thank you kindly for taking the time and writing your lovely review. The Admiral Inn Burlington appreciates your feedback and we are very happy to hear that of your positive experiences.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have stayed at the Admiral Inn in Burlington quite a few times and I keep coming back. Their bed are so comfortable to sleep in or just lay on. The breakfasts are always tasty and quite fresh. I have no issues with their internet. All in all, a very comfortable inn to stay at and convenient to the QEW and shopping. I'll keep coming back here when I visit this area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank silvergryphon
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear valued guest;

The Admiral Inn Burlington would like to thank you for choosing us for your regular trips when in the Burlington area and for your loyalty.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

the breakfast was great the room is very large. Stayed in Admiral Suite. I have stayed many times here. Always been a great experiences. Clean rooms King size bed.in the Admiral suite the have a sitting area where you can sit. Lights are on a dimmer to make it romantic if you like. It has a coffee machine and a fridge too. A whole body shower with multi-shower heads. Jet tub too.

Room Tip: Admiral suite would be great for new weds. Great room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jewels6923
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear valued guest;

Thank you kindly for your feedback and recommendations to all our future brides and grooms to be! The Admiral Inn Burlington is thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and are a very loyal guest.

The Staff and Management

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Just stayed 1 night, but better than expected. Typically stay at Marriotts but this was not only as comfortable but less expensive. Even though it is close to the highways and a busy shopping area, the hotel was very quiet. Rooms were quite comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending a restaurant. Will most definitely stay again on the next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John6150
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Mr. John;

The Admiral Inn Burlington thanks you for your wonderful feedback and we are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next return with us!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at the Admiral Inn in November as a girl's basketball team, having booked 6 rooms. Rooms were clean, breakfast was hearty and varied. The girls did their normal chatter and laughter, and I thank the staff for giving some leniency here.
My only concern was that via internet and my conversation with the hotel while booking these rooms I was told the rate was $89. When I signed in I was charged $99, because that is the "team rate". It's still a good price, but I would have liked them to be up front about it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yvonne B
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Yvonne;

Thank you for your feedback. The Admiral Inn Burlington always strives to do its best and provide the best possible customer service. We apologize for the room rate error as sometimes, human errors occur.

Please consider us in the future and we will ensure that everything is correct with the room rates quoted and honored.